Good evenin’!

Ah, did the alarm come early this morning. I woke up earlier than normal to meet Kema at the gym, and we had a fun workout. Originally we were meeting Wednesday-Friday, but due to some schedule conflicts, we aren’t meeting tomorrow.

After 30 minutes of cardio, we did some upper body:

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns 4 x 12 x 90lbs super-setted w/

Chest Press 4 x 12 x 30lb dumbbells

T Bar Row 4 x 12 x 95lbs super-setted w/

Overhead Press 4 x 12 x 25lb dumbbells

Side Lateral Raise 3 x 12 x 12lb dumbbells super-setted w/

Triceps Pushdown 3 x 12 x 65

Biceps Curls 3 x 10 x 25lb dumbbells

I’ve had a tough time trying to get in my 3 fruits and veggies today! I have 3 fruits in (of course), but only one veggie. With no plans to have one for dinner, today was a veggie fail. Maybe I’ll have a sweet potato?

Have you written down your goals yet? I promise it makes a huge difference. Try it!

25 Days of Workouts:

WORKOUT #3 – At Home CARDIO BLAST

Find yourself pressed for time with shopping, decorating and holiday parties? Try to get some kind of workout in, and you will feel much better. No weight needed for this workout – use your own bodyweight. As usual, make sure to do a warm-up.

50 Jumping Jacks

20 Alternating Lunges

10 Tuck Jumps

20 Squats

60 seconds High Knees

10 Squat Jumps

10 Burpees

60 seconds Simulated Jump Rope

20 seconds Mountain Climbers

25 Pushups

60 second Plank Hold

REPEAT TWICE.

While it is mainly a cardio workout, your arms may be burning at the end. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya. :)

How much time have you spent working your abs this week?

34 Responses to “At-Home Cardio Blast.”

Mellissa — December 2, 2009 @ 6:53 pm

I have 3 days of ab workouts right now, yeah!

Nicole — December 2, 2009 @ 7:09 pm

One day! Two at most a week! Just made your pumpkin gnocchi…SO good!

Lauren — December 2, 2009 @ 7:25 pm

Love the quickie at home cardio workouts! I have to write them down or else when I go to do them, I go completely blank!

Thanks for the ideas, I’m always looking for more of these.

Hope you are having a great week hun!

Lizzy — December 2, 2009 @ 7:34 pm

this workout seems awesome! i def need to start moving!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — December 2, 2009 @ 8:01 pm

My blast at home is running around after a nearly 3 yr old and blasting myself after barbie pieces cleanup and diaper duty out to the trash and plastic blocks that need to get “blasted” back into the toy chest. My blasts never stop. I wish they were only an hour LOL

AND I lOVED your comment bout having passion. Yes girl, I have passion and this is a great fit for me now…and in a little bit of time, still gonna do the CPT but the final piece of the yoga certification first. I adored your help in answering my ?’s bout it all :)
    xoxo

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — December 2, 2009 @ 8:11 pm

What is a “burpee”? I love Workout #3: Cardio Blast at Home. BUT… I have to know what the elusive “burpee” is in order to do the complete workout. :-)

Kristie Lynn — December 2, 2009 @ 8:42 pm

Mountain climbers are killer for me! I get sad about living on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex because my lower neighbors would be very unhappy if I did any jumping around up here.

Shelley — December 2, 2009 @ 11:05 pm

sounds like a great workout & really tough

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — December 3, 2009 @ 5:33 am

love it!
    If I am feeling lazy at home I always put on exercise tv on demand, choose a show and BAM-workout right there!

thanks for the listttt :)

Melinda — December 3, 2009 @ 6:24 am

I always wind up with fruits in the first part of the day and then switch over the veggies.

Cara — December 3, 2009 @ 2:34 pm

I like your quick cardio ideas…I will try them ,but not today.
    I just got two flu shots today and my arms are useless :)

Jelli — December 7, 2009 @ 7:39 am

I love your site! I also really like this at-home no equipment workout. Since moving to Costa Rica last year, I haven’t been able to afford the gym and haven’t made it to buying dumbbells yet, so my only options are body weight and a raggedy stretchy band. Love it! Thanks so much.

Home Cardio — February 1, 2010 @ 11:08 am

I do home cardio too. Not expensive at all. :)

cardio at home — February 18, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

Some great exercise at home you got introduced here. I will definitely give it a try. I’m doing cardio at home, since it’s no need for expensive equipment.
    Nice blog

Heather — September 1, 2010 @ 12:11 pm

guess what i found today. my arms like jess plan. oops. remember when i did that plan like 6 times and then stopped. (shame on me.)

i am no longer attending that gym (bc, you know, i dont actually have a car) and want to pick back up on some strength training – so today i am recommitting myself to non-gym strength. this cardio blast looks like a frickin’ doosey. oh how excited am i. ;)

Kocinera — January 4, 2011 @ 1:40 am

I’m trying to be good and get in a workout, even if I’m feeling a little too wiped for a long run. About to give this one a try! Sounds like it’ll do the trick!

• Kocinera — January 4th, 2011 @ 3:33 am

Ohmygoodnessgracious! That was a great workout! Even if my quads will be complaining, this is totally going into my weekly routine. Those tuck jumps and pushups totally kicked my booty. :D

1. Pingback: Midnight Leap-Frog « Peanut Butter Fingers

2. Pingback: Starting Saturday the Sweaty Way « Peanut Butter Fingers

3. Pingback: I Worked Out and Had Dippy Eggs « Peanut Butter Fingers

4. Pingback: Sweaty Lunch Break! « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices

5. Pingback: A low carb life « Bambi's Eats

6. Pingback: Peanut Butter Fingers » East Coast Time

7. Pingback: World’s Almost Most Boring Dinner | The Couch Potato Athlete

8. Pingback: Nutella Burger | The Couch Potato Athlete

9. Pingback: insomnia! « kit kat kate!

10. Pingback: Workout Reminder « Healthy Modifications