Christmas Eve!

Ever since I was young, this has definitely been one of my favorite days of the year. I think I believed in Santa until I was 12 or 13 – how outrageous is that? In fact, my parents have never said that there isn’t a Santa, and my dad still insists that he is real. :)

Last night I continued my elf duties and made more cookies with my brother. We made more peanut butter blossoms, since someone ate the entire first double batch, tons of sugar cookies, and red velvet truffles.

IMG_2953

IMG_2954

IMG_2955

After a massive house clean and a few errands, I still did not have one present wrapped. At 1pm, my presents still looked like this:

IMG_2961

I’ve made some headway, but have to get my bum in gear since our festivities start around 4.

IMG_2963

Oh – and I also still need to make mac and cheese and stuffed artichokes! Eek!

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #20 – QUICKIE

Feel stuffed to the gills but have no time to get in a workout these next 2 days? Perform the following and I assure you that you’ll feel better!

20 pushups

20 lunges

20 squats

20 pushups

60 second plank hold

REPEAT.

11 Responses to “Christmas Eve!”

Jenn (eating bender) — December 24, 2009 @ 12:05 pm

Merry Christmas! Love your cookie deliciousness and I think the presents look fab ;) Enjoy this very special time with your family! We certainly feel the same way about YOU as you do about us…much love!

Caitlin@TheTwentyFifthYEar — December 24, 2009 @ 12:19 pm

Those cookies look awesome! I have not had one blossom yet this holiday season. There’s way too many other things tempting me at my parents house right now – thank goodness for good weather and green monsters. Merry Christmas girl – I’ll be back tomorrow so time to start plannin’ somethin’!! xoxoxo

Mellissa — December 24, 2009 @ 1:23 pm

Have a great day!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 24, 2009 @ 1:45 pm

“Have a wonderful Christmas! I don’t think I will have time to visit everyone’s blogs today, but please know how much I appreciate all of you. I value each one of you and am so thankful that you read along. :) Love you!”

Girl, first. You and VeggieGirl are some of the best commenters in the entire b’sphere. Seriously. You’re amazing! I love you. Anyone who knows you know put the S in Supporting your Blogging Community!

As for your goodies…they’re just too dang good and that’s why you don’t have presents wrapped. Hand the recipeints their gifts in the store-bag, and shove an oreo ball in their mouth. They won’t complain :)

Merry Xmas JEssica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxoxxo

Stef — December 24, 2009 @ 1:53 pm

My sugar cookies NEVER turn out like that, I’m incapable of using cookie cutters for some reason. That is so sweet that you believed in Santa for so long, the truth came out in KINDERGARTEN for me when some bozo kid ruined it for the whole class.

Shelley — December 24, 2009 @ 2:18 pm

your sugar cookies look perfect. & i think it’s adorable that you believed in santa for that long– innocence is the best :)

Lisa — December 24, 2009 @ 3:33 pm

Those PB Blossoms look great!

Love the workout too! Thanks for postin it.

Julie @savvyeats — December 24, 2009 @ 4:58 pm

Merry Christmas Eve! I finally got to get some baking in today– so happy!

Jenny — December 25, 2009 @ 10:23 am

Hope you’re enjoying the holiday!! All of your treats look delicious!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie@.ca) — December 25, 2009 @ 11:32 am

Merry Christmas!

Vee — December 26, 2009 @ 3:35 am

Merry Christmas to you & your family.
    Thanks for writing this great blog, it’s been very inspirational!