Like alot of others, we were snowed in yesterday.

I love the snow. See how pretty?

IMG_2884

IMG_2886

So – how long do we think it will take before my hubby gets sick from shoveling snow in a long sleeve shirt and shorts, after his run + workout in which he was drenched with sweat?

IMG_2912

IMG_2913

At least he had on a hat, right?

I spent the entire day inside, with 3 of my best friends.

IMG_2925

I couldn’t ask for a better time or more fabulous conversation.

After shopping all today, I wanted to make a few more treats before Christmas. Actually, I need to do something to take my mind off babies after shopping in the infant section this afternoon.

I took a hint from 2 of my favorite bloggers – Sabrina & Erica.

I made a huge batch of chocolate covered pretzels. They were so fun to make!

Some covered in sprinkles:

IMG_2943

Candy canes:

IMG_2950

Toffee bits:

IMG_2949

Peanut butter cups:

IMG_2946

Snickers bars:

IMG_2945

And pecans + sea salt (my fave!):

IMG_2944

I also made some chocolate covered Oreos.

IMG_2952

‘Twas a great day! This upcoming week is one of my most favorite times. I can’t wait to spend it with friends and family. :)

Since I tortured you with the yummy goodies above, below is a kick-butt leg workout. I need to do about 16 of them tomorrow.

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #16 – LEGS

Combo 1: 4 sets of 20

Walking lunges

Stability ball squats

Pelvic raise w/ feet on stability ball

Combo 2: 5 sets of 12

Angled leg press

Side lunges with tap to floor

Step ups

Combo 3: 4 sets of 10

Single leg dumbbell deadlifts

Leg extension

Prone hamstring curl with dumbbell

Challenge yourselves, babes! Make sure you are getting a workout.

Let’s hit the last 2 weeks of December hard!

10 Responses to “Snow + Booty-Kickin’ Leg Workout”

katie — December 20, 2009 @ 5:38 pm

oo that is such a good workout! im so thankful im not snowed in!! i would go crazyyyy ! of course SC freaks out everytime it snows tho

Maria — December 20, 2009 @ 6:49 pm

Look at all of that snow! I love pretzels with chocolate. The sweet and salty mix is the best!

Evan Thomas — December 20, 2009 @ 7:01 pm

I can’t believe he was out there like that. Ridiculous!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 20, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

Entire day with your 3 best friends?
    Damn how come I wasnt invited? Your friends are friends of mine!

And the pretzels. OMG delish. Snickers bar pretz and the choc covered oreos? I have no idea how you maintain your awesome figure. Because people tell/ask me this all the time but really, your stuff just looks tooooooooooo good! :)

Sherrie — December 20, 2009 @ 7:42 pm

Those look awesome. I have a bunch of pretzels to make some of these now I just need to take the time to do it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 20, 2009 @ 9:33 pm

I can’t believe we are so close to Christmas :-) You have made SO many yummy treats and appies this month – amazing girl!!

Karin — December 21, 2009 @ 2:04 am

Oh baileys is my best friend as well. Truly loyal (especially in Christmas time)! :)
    These chocolate coveret pretzels look amazing!!

Nicole — December 21, 2009 @ 5:50 am

I don’t think your husband would have been outside in my weather this weekend! My eyebrows actually froze over in a run!!

Those goodies look to die for!!! I love the salty and sweet combo!!

Niki — December 22, 2009 @ 3:17 pm

I just found your blog and I’m really excited. I was looking into personal training about a year ago and some things happened and life changed a little bit so i’ve been out of the swing of things. But it’s awesome that you put a little workout schedule on your page so if any of us don’t know what to do, we can look at that and feel the burn! Haha. Your pretzels look too good! I say that because I’m going to be in my car in 10 minutes driving to the store to get ingredients for them. They should be for christmas gifts but I know a couple of them won’t be going there! Thanks for the post!

1. Pingback: Shoveling. | How Sweet It Is