When I was younger I always dreaded the day after Christmas. Even though I had many new toys to play with, the excitement was over and I had to wait an entire year before it came again. Over the years that disappointment has turned into thankfulness for having such a wonderful family and friends, and being able to participate in such wonderful times on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I hope your past few days have been just as wonderful!

Remember all of those cookies I baked? On Christmas Eve, I discovered that my husband has a secret gift at putting together cookie trays. He made the ultimate trays – everyone has been loving them!

IMG_2967

The picture doesn’t do it justice, but the cookies are literally piled up almost a foot high. Each layer is a surprise with more cookies underneath. :)

IMG_2968

Delicious.

Now, I’m about to go eat some bacon and cheddar mac and cheese for breakfast since I don’t think I sufficiently stuffed myself over the last 2 days. I have visions of workouts dancing in my head.

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #21 – Core

Im sure most of you feel like a good ab workout is needed today, right? While I firmly believe that abs are only made in the kitchen, getting a great core workout can really boost your mood! :)

Front plank hold: 3 sets of 60 seconds

Side plank hold: 3 sets of 60 seconds each

Bicycle crunches: 3 sets of 60 seconds

Stability ball crunches: 3 sets of 25

Medicine ball crunches: 3 sets of 15

Ab pull-ins on stability ball: 3 sets of 15

Lower back extension on stability ball: 3 sets of 20

Have a blast! :)

11 Responses to “The Day After + Core Workout.”

Nicci — December 26, 2009 @ 9:04 am

I’m doing this workout right now…I need a good core workout! Thanks and that cookie tray looks so good.

katie — December 26, 2009 @ 9:05 am

great workout!! im going to do this today!! :)

julie — December 26, 2009 @ 10:22 am

wow your hubs DOES have a talent for plating cookies! gotta love hidden talents haha

mac n cheese sounds delish! enjoy :)

Stef — December 26, 2009 @ 10:31 am

I have visions of workouts in my head too, but first things first: blogs and breakfasts :). Nice work your hubby did on that cookie tray!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 26, 2009 @ 1:46 pm

Merry Day AFter Xmas, JEssica!
    The asiago and arugula pesto looks awesome! Do you de-stem your arugula at all, or just throw it in, long stems and all? Sometimes the long stems get stuck under the Vita blade and never really get mushed up, but I bet in a food proc that’s not an issue.

Hubs rocking out the cookie trays I see, great work Mr. Jessica!

Sook — December 26, 2009 @ 3:44 pm

I definitely need this workout today. :)

Jenny — December 26, 2009 @ 5:28 pm

Those cookie plates are definitely masterpieces!

And I agree, a good core workout really makes me feel stong and just good in general!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 26, 2009 @ 9:48 pm

Mmmm mac and cheese sounds great right about now – too bad I am stuffed to the gills :-)

Bianca @south bay rants n raves — December 26, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! The day after is always a bummer to me cuz I’m like “now what?” Thank you for the workout too!

Shelley — December 27, 2009 @ 12:02 am

that is so cute that your husband put together the cookie trays!! and i love reading your workouts :)

Lauren — May 27, 2011 @ 1:03 am

No stability ball or medicine ball :(
    What to do?