More brownies!

It seems that I can’t get through one full week without trying a new brownie combination.

Just wait until you see the next one I am going to experiment with. . .

These are super simple. I used my go-to brownie recipe, and just added a few Oreos.

You could even do the same with boxed brownies. Just make the frosting and add some more cookies.

I only frosted a few because I just don’t love frosting on brownies. Mr. How Sweet really enjoyed the frosted ones.

If you waste a good 3/4 of your day on Twitter like I do, you will know that last night Mr. How Sweet brought me home a dozen hot pink roses.

I didn’t make him dinner, my half-unpacked mess is strewn in 4 different rooms, and I was in holey sweat pants once he got home. Oh yes, and I was half asleep while he professed his undying love to me. And I just continued to lay there.

Sounds eerily similar to the night he proposed.

Good thing there were brownies on the counter. As my dad says, marriage is rarely 50/50.

The cookies somewhat melted into the batter once baked, but if you look closely you can see some cookies inside the brownies. That is the best part.

The frosting is the same frosting I used for the cookies and cream cupcakes. It is creamy, delicious, and looks like ice cream. Can’t beat that.

I think out of all the brownies I have made in the past few months, these ones may be the best.

I love the texture. Chewy, gooey brownies + crunchy cookies.

Cookies and Cream Brownies

2-3 squares baking chocolate

1/2 lb butter

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon vanilla

8 Oreo cookies, crumbled

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Fold in cookie crumbles.

Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 8 x 8 square cake pan).  Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done. Cool before frosting.

*I changed this recipe slightly from my other brownie posts, so if you have recently tried it, try adding 2 more eggs!

Cookies and Cream Frosting

2 sticks butter, softened

1 1/2 – 2 lbs powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1-2 tablespoons milk

10 Oreo cookies

Mix butter and powdered sugar together, adding sugar gradually to the mix. Add vanilla. Mix in milk, adding more if needed. Continue to add milk and sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. Crush Oreos and fold them into the frosting.

I don’t think these brownies will last another evening in our house. Ha, who am I kidding? They may not even last until Mr. How Sweet gets home.

Now, I need to find some spectacular recipe to make for dinner tonight. And remind Mr. How Sweet that he married someone 10 years younger, not an old granny.

91 Responses to “Cookies and Cream Brownies.”

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — March 24, 2010 @ 6:48 am

Um, amazing! I am making my grocery list (I’m down to LARA bars at this point), and I was wondering what I should make this week for a sweet. This looks so good!

I know how it is with the hubs. I just skyped with mine today in bed, and I looked like crap. He kept saying how beautiful I was. They are so blind!

Evan Thomas — March 24, 2010 @ 6:51 am

How is it you always know what to make to make me drool? I need to try that frosting with Newman-O’s. I’m not promising they’d even make it to anything to be frosted on

Estela @ Weekly Bite — March 24, 2010 @ 6:53 am

I LOVE the idea of adding Oreo’s to brownies!

Yum Yucky — March 24, 2010 @ 6:54 am

Dammit! I need that. Do you do mail order??

Heather (Heather's Dish) — March 24, 2010 @ 6:58 am

you are truly a troublemaker. if i can get out in this snowstorm i’m going to be buying the stuff to make these brownies!

Nicole @ making good choices — March 24, 2010 @ 6:58 am

If I wasn’t going to be in a bathing suit on monday I’d be whipping these up tonight! I love that your hubby brought you flowers. So sweet!

Cara — March 24, 2010 @ 6:58 am

mmm… I could dive into some of that frosting right now! I once made some brownies where I added some crushed candy cane Jo-Jo’s (Trader Joe’s minty version of the oreo) and I was disappointed that they got “lost” too. I should have frosted them!

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — March 24, 2010 @ 7:01 am

Don’t Oreos make everything 1000 times better?! These look delicious. My sweet tooth has been completely out of control lately – so naturally I’ll need to make this asap.

Erica — March 24, 2010 @ 7:02 am

hahahhaha- I think the brownies totally made up for your lack of rose excitement :) Do we get to see a picture of the beauties? I am a plain without frosting kinda gal too

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — March 24, 2010 @ 7:03 am

Awww, sweet hub! They can be the best…when they aren’t sporting mustaches, that is :-)

Sophie @ yumventures — March 24, 2010 @ 7:16 am

Aw your husband is adorable! And I am totally you — I would have been laying around a complete mess the one time he decides to do something sweet! The brownies look amazing!!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — March 24, 2010 @ 7:18 am

I made brownies for my fella last night complete with frosting (even though I hate it). Maybe that’s what love is? Being willing to ruin brownies with frosting?

Megan — March 24, 2010 @ 7:24 am

It’s love at first sight! I think you and I have the same tastebuds.

Rochelle (Acquired Taste) — March 24, 2010 @ 7:26 am

I haven’t had brownies in forever, and I can’t remember the last time I made any. Thanks to this post I think I’m in need of making some :D

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 24, 2010 @ 7:36 am

I think you need a brownie intervention! The oreo buttercream took it over the top! I made oreo cupcakes not too long ago with an oreo swiss meringue that my boys flipped over! Seriously though, could you go wrong with that combination…I think not!

alex — March 24, 2010 @ 7:40 am

oh my oh my oh my gawwwwwwwwwwd those looking amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

excuse me while I go hunt down paper towel to mop up the drool on my desk. Not work appropriate.

Jordan — March 24, 2010 @ 7:53 am

I love holey sweatpants! And being sleepy and unfazed through sappy gushes of emotion from the man ;)

I also love brownies :) and you miss lady!

Tina — March 24, 2010 @ 8:03 am

My hubby is home sick today and saw the pictures of these while I was catching up on my Google Reader. He has died and gone to heaven and claims the only way to bring him back is to make them for him. LOL

brandi — March 24, 2010 @ 8:09 am

you and your brownies ;) I always want to lick the screen.

Midgetkeeper — March 24, 2010 @ 8:16 am

I am not much of a baker but every time I see one of your recipes it makes me want to do it more often. These look amazing.

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — March 24, 2010 @ 8:17 am

So decadent and delicious! I’m a huge cookies and cream fan. It’s definitely one of my top three ice cream flavors. Brownies with frosting go hand in hand. Great job!

Roti n Rice — March 24, 2010 @ 8:36 am

These look really good. I am with you, I’ll skip the frosting just because of the waistline :)

Alison — March 24, 2010 @ 8:44 am

Those look SO GOOD and easy too! I tried your PB&J bars and OHMIGOSH! They were amazing – everyone at work loved them! Next time I’m going to mix jellies and use a bit more – it was so delicious and easy.

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — March 24, 2010 @ 9:21 am

These look amazing! Especially that frosting, YUM! I wonder how cookie dough brownies would turn out….

Blond Duck — March 24, 2010 @ 9:30 am

That was so sweet of him! How nice!

Therese — March 24, 2010 @ 9:34 am

You sure are on a brownie kick! Good thing too because I loooooove brownies :)

Roses don’t make up for the agony you endured with that mustache…but they sure do help :)

Haleigh — March 24, 2010 @ 9:40 am

I seriously just drooled all over my macbook.. those brownies look fan-freaking-tastic!! Yum :) My office has been bugging me to bake something and I think these are next on the list!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — March 24, 2010 @ 10:11 am

Holy Crap girl, those look absolutely amazing!!!!!!

Katharine — March 24, 2010 @ 10:20 am

Drool. That is all. :)

Mr. How Sweet It Is — March 24, 2010 @ 10:38 am

That was not me standing in the kitchen, eating these over the sink, downing them with a Diet Coke. I swear it wasn’t.

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness — March 24, 2010 @ 10:42 am

um wow.. I think I’d pick brownies over cake or pie, almost, any day.. this look amazing :)

Whit — March 24, 2010 @ 10:43 am

drool…

Rose — March 24, 2010 @ 10:53 am

Is that heaven right there? Cause it looks like it.

Caitlin — March 24, 2010 @ 10:55 am

These are definitely “stand over the sink and shove into my mouth” worthy. And let me tell you folks, I have tasted Jessica’s goodness for myself and it is as drool worthy as it appears to be through your screen. ME WANT BROWNIES.

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — March 24, 2010 @ 11:09 am

haha I would honestly love to be a fly on the wall with you and MR sweet for a day to see you two interact, your stories are hilarious!!! so cute he brought you roses :)

AHH thsoe look SO good!! I bet thin mint brownie’s would be amazing….

Eunice — March 24, 2010 @ 11:29 am

Brownies and frosting! Two of my fav food groups. Those look deeeeeelish!

Katie — March 24, 2010 @ 12:16 pm

Mr. YesIwantcake always says that boxed brownies are better than homemade, however – I bet I could get him with this one! I will keep you updated…

Steph (@mediterraneanmiss) — March 24, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

Yum! These look awesome. My boyfriend is a diehard brownie AND cookies’n’cream ~anything~ fan. He’s coming to visit this weekend so I’m going to bake up a batch of these to surprise him <3 thanks for the recipe and the drool-worthy pictures.

Paige (running around normal) — March 24, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

Awww, so sweet of your husband to bring you home roses :)

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — March 24, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

Holey sweatpants and tank tops are my go to clothing of choice when I am home! haha! The boys can deal! :)

The Candid RD — March 24, 2010 @ 12:35 pm

Aww, roses?! How nice!! Men can suck, but then they can rock too!

These brownies sounds amazing, as always. I actually made cookies and cream ice cream over the weekend and Nick says it’s the best ice cream he has ever had! HA! I must admit, it turned out pretty darn amazing.

Kathleen — March 24, 2010 @ 12:50 pm

These brownies take brownies to a whole new level!!!!

ERin at The Healthy Apron — March 24, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

I agree, I cannot get enough of brownies! yum!

homecookedem — March 24, 2010 @ 1:37 pm

Why must you torture me?!! haha!! :) These look so decadent!! :)

Kris | iheartwellness.com — March 24, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

Ohhh my goodness, are you kidding me with these brownies?! They look soooo good!

Ok, you have to tell me how you stay so thin with all these delicious goodies rollin around your home!

You are so amazing!

XXOO
    Kris

Ally @ Sweet & Savory — March 24, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

I wish you’d come to my house and make dessert every night. Better yet, you should hold a contest for “dessert of the month”…make a spectacular dessert every month and ship it to your loyalist fan (me). Sound good? Ha!

Lori — March 24, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

Good lord, those look amazing!

You make the most decadent and delicious looking foods (sweets… yuuuum)!

Mae — March 24, 2010 @ 3:49 pm

I want these in my mouth now!!!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — March 24, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

the Cookies and Cream Frosting should be outlawed!
    I am off to teach a yoga class but email me if you want to reply to my email from last nite :) and i await your reply. But girl, if you’re busy with Mr Sweet eating cupcakes and brownies, do your thing and email me whenev’s.

xoxo

Art and Appetite — March 24, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

I’m not even joking but I gotta do this tonight! This is OOOH LA LA LAAAMAZING!!

1. Pingback: S’mores Brownies. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Better-Than-Crack Brownies. | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: mmmm, desserts….so does not spell stressed backwards ;) « The really ones with the long necks

4. Pingback: The Backup Dessert « I <3 Vegetables