This salmon was the classiest thing happenin’ in our home this weekend.

Especially when you have a husband who spent his Sunday lounging in plaid pajama pants and a George Strait t-shirt.

He had a good excuse – recovering from his sickness.

But I can’t fool you guys. To say that such t-shirt’s,  Nascar-inspired sweat shirts, cowboy boots and WWF figurines don’t make a frequent appearance in our house would be a blatant lie.

Thank goodness I can live my faux-elegant and classy life entirely through food.

Things like seafood and filet are a common occurence in our home. That is normal for newlywed’s, right?

Good thing we bought the house with the money tree in the back yard.

I like my seafood with a little pizazz.

While I do think most fish is delicious alone, there is nothing like adding a little flavor – especially in the form of cheese.

Cheese makes my world go ’round.

The topping is a mixture of greek yogurt, asiago cheese, parsley, shallots, and garlic.

It came out light and tasty. The only thing that could have made it better is bacon. Bacon makes everything better.

Asiago Baked Salmon

Serves 2-3

1 lb salmon filets

1/4 cup plain greek yogurt

1 tablespoon dried parsley

3 tablespoons grated asiago cheese

1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic

1 tablespoon chopped shallots

salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400.

Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix yogurt, cheese, shallots, parsley and garlic together. Spread on top of salmon. Bake until fish flakes – about 15 minutes.

Bobbleheads and Dale Earnhart Jr. jacket’s aside, this salmon made our dinner a bit more chic and sophisticated.

Now, if I could just get rid of the framed pictures of WWF wrestlers, we’d be set.

70 Responses to “Asiago Baked Salmon.”

marla {family fresh cooking} — April 19, 2010 @ 9:39 pm

Salmon is my favorite all time protein choice. Your looks moist and full of flavor, reminds me of a dish I get at my favorite restaurant in Laguna Beach. xo

Sarah — April 19, 2010 @ 11:39 pm

MMMMM . . . Cheese . . . It really does make everything better. That said, I’m already a serious salmon fan (maybe it’s a Pacific Northwest thing?) and can’t wait to try this recipe.

Tracy — April 20, 2010 @ 7:02 am

This looks delicious. I am always looking for new salmon recipes and I am bookmarking this one!

Rosemaryandthegoat — April 20, 2010 @ 7:43 am

This looks absolutely wonderful and I’m making it this week. I’m thinking for an upcoming catering job to do this, cut in small pieces and put on top of a baked wonton circle that has been brushed with sesame oil. — yum. — Sherry

• Jessica — April 20th, 2010 @ 7:45 am

That sounds incredible!!!

Amanda — April 20, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

nomnomnomnom nom This is a match made in Heaven. Why didnt I think of that??? :)

Samantha — April 20, 2010 @ 6:45 pm

This is the first time I’ve been by your blog. And this is making me drool. Im looking foward to looking through more of your stuff!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — April 22, 2010 @ 11:29 am

This looks lovely. I need to learn to like salmon. For some reason, I am always afraid to make it myself. But, your recipe looks like one I would actually like!

The Healthy Apron — April 25, 2010 @ 10:10 am

trying this tonight!!

Kaesefreude — December 13, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

What is the best cheese for your personal taste? Find out at http://www.kaeseus.com.

Ashley — February 19, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

This was delicious! I was out of parsley so I substituted basil, which was great! I had it with asparagus and wild rice…yum!

Alexandra Block — March 4, 2014 @ 10:38 am

Made this last night and it was AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing :)

1. Pingback: The Best Salmon Recipe | The Healthy Apron