This salmon was the classiest thing happenin’ in our home this weekend.

Especially when you have a husband who spent his Sunday lounging in plaid pajama pants and a George Strait t-shirt.

He had a good excuse – recovering from his sickness.

But I can’t fool you guys. To say that such t-shirt’s,  Nascar-inspired sweat shirts, cowboy boots and WWF figurines don’t make a frequent appearance in our house would be a blatant lie.

Thank goodness I can live my faux-elegant and classy life entirely through food.

Things like seafood and filet are a common occurence in our home. That is normal for newlywed’s, right?

Good thing we bought the house with the money tree in the back yard.

I like my seafood with a little pizazz.

While I do think most fish is delicious alone, there is nothing like adding a little flavor – especially in the form of cheese.

Cheese makes my world go ’round.

The topping is a mixture of greek yogurt, asiago cheese, parsley, shallots, and garlic.

It came out light and tasty. The only thing that could have made it better is bacon. Bacon makes everything better.

Asiago Baked Salmon

Serves 2-3

1 lb salmon filets

1/4 cup plain greek yogurt

1 tablespoon dried parsley

3 tablespoons grated asiago cheese

1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic

1 tablespoon chopped shallots

salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400.

Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix yogurt, cheese, shallots, parsley and garlic together. Spread on top of salmon. Bake until fish flakes – about 15 minutes.

Bobbleheads and Dale Earnhart Jr. jacket’s aside, this salmon made our dinner a bit more chic and sophisticated.

Now, if I could just get rid of the framed pictures of WWF wrestlers, we’d be set.

70 Responses to “Asiago Baked Salmon.”

Michelle — April 19, 2010 @ 6:04 am

This looks incredible. I’m definitely trying it soon…thanks for the recipe!

Diana — April 19, 2010 @ 6:04 am

I’m not a huuuge fan of salmon but it does look delicious with that crust. :)

Noelle @Opera Singer in Kitchen — April 19, 2010 @ 6:09 am

My hubby just asked me to make him salmon. This sounds delicious!

Nicole @ making good choices — April 19, 2010 @ 6:09 am

I really need to start using greek yogurt for things like this! This looks delish and a good switch up to boring salmon.

Midgetkeeper — April 19, 2010 @ 6:29 am

That looks soooo good. I love asiago cheese, it makes anything better.

DessertForTwo — April 19, 2010 @ 6:42 am

Thanks for the dinner idea! It looks fantastic! I have a small slab of salmon thawing right now…

PippaPatchwork — April 19, 2010 @ 6:45 am

I hear you–cheese rocks my world, too! Especially asiago…well, who am I kidding. I love them all.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — April 19, 2010 @ 6:52 am

Yum! I’m always looking for ways to change up our salmon!!!

Jil — April 19, 2010 @ 6:53 am

Mmm, that salmon looks delicious and I always have a soft spot for any sort of cheese…so this is right up my alley!

Jessica @ The Cooking Chick — April 19, 2010 @ 7:03 am

Always on the look-out for new salmon recipes – can’t wait to give this one a try!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — April 19, 2010 @ 7:03 am

LOVE salmon!! this one looks fantastic girl :)

Erica — April 19, 2010 @ 7:06 am

This looks great too! I just got done finishing my breakfast and am hungry after seeing your carrot cake cookies and now this! Wow haha!

Scorpio Woman — April 19, 2010 @ 7:11 am

I like to try different way of eating salmon. It seems to be a great topping. What I also like is to top the salmon with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped. Yummy! I’ll try your recipe eventually :) Thanks :)

Jenn (j3nn.net) — April 19, 2010 @ 7:24 am

I love salmon. I mean, LOVE it! This looks fabulous. I never thought about pairing salmon with cheese sauce. That’s a great idea. :D

Jenn

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 19, 2010 @ 7:26 am

i had salmon last night, but it definitely doesn’t come close to this! good thing i bought a 50-lb bag of frozen salmon filets and need recipes to try with ‘em :)

Anne — April 19, 2010 @ 7:59 am

Salmon with cheese sauce = WINNER!

Evan Thomas — April 19, 2010 @ 8:12 am

Major drool. I’ve tried parmesan on my salmon, but never asiago. I think you have something, here

ChubbyNewlywed — April 19, 2010 @ 8:17 am

Yum! I bet this would be super tasty with feta, too.

Erica — April 19, 2010 @ 8:33 am

hahah. My husband has some sweet t’s as well. The topping on this sounds and looks amazing…can I just eat the topping?? Hope you have a good one

kay (eating machine) — April 19, 2010 @ 8:34 am

we had salmon last night. and i pack prime cut steaks into the fiance’s lunch. so we’ll say food like this is normal.

….and now i’m going to pretend being 24 and going to sears TWICE in a weekend was normal too. it is, right?

Emily Marie — April 19, 2010 @ 8:42 am

Yumm! We love salmon here and that cheesy topping looks delicious! Think swapping the parsley for some dill would be good? I’m not a big fan of parsley.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — April 19, 2010 @ 8:47 am

That salmon could definitely class up any joint!

Kelly — April 19, 2010 @ 8:48 am

Yum. I agree that looks delicious.

Melinda — April 19, 2010 @ 9:06 am

The salmon looks great. I love salmon to begin with, but topped with asiago sounds perfect.

One Healthy Apple — April 19, 2010 @ 9:51 am

This looks amazing! Ah yes, filets and seafood explain the first year of marriage! I think good food has actually made marriage a little happier with all the excitement the first year can bring.

Rest assured that although there is not much swag, we rarely spend a weekend or couple days without the influence of cage fighting on our TV or computers. Oh boys.

• Jessica — April 19th, 2010 @ 10:00 am

OH gosh … my husband forced me to watch some cage fighting this weekend. Barf.

Lara (Thinspired) — April 19, 2010 @ 9:59 am

Yummy! I haven’t had salmon in ages. This is way to classy for our house though ;)

Your husband has a George Strait T-shirt?! That officially makes him awesome :)

• Jessica — April 19th, 2010 @ 10:00 am

Oooooh that is the LEAST of what he has. I have a feeling you’d get along well. :)

Jenna — April 19, 2010 @ 10:30 am

I adore salmon, but never have had the courage to prepare it myself. This recipe may just change that though! Thanks for sharing. :)

Blond Duck — April 19, 2010 @ 10:44 am

Thank you for giving me a new way to make salmon!

Erin — April 19, 2010 @ 11:07 am

I’m so bored with my salmon recipe. Can’t wait to try this one!

april — April 19, 2010 @ 12:06 pm

I love salmon!! I’ve never had it any other way than just baked with seasonings.. looks like I need to step out of my comfort zone! LOL

Fit Chick in the City — April 19, 2010 @ 12:17 pm

Okay, clearly your husband is from the south. Right???

• Jessica — April 19th, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

I think he likes to pretend he is.

Katharine — April 19, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

I LOVE salmon but for some reason have never thought to pair it with cheese. (What was I thinking?!) So glad you brought this to my attention. :)

kathy@polwig.com — April 19, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Sounds wonderful… I love Asiago and put it into mash potatos that I can serve underneath this… so yummy

Kendel — April 19, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

This recipe has just been added to my recipe wish list. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful — April 19, 2010 @ 1:29 pm

I’m having salmon tonight, and could not think of a recipe for it. Thank you for the idea. Can’t wait to try it-it looks fantastic. And I have to say-I’ve never had cheese on my salmon so this looks interesting.

homecookedem — April 19, 2010 @ 1:42 pm

That looks incredible! Salmon is definitely my favorite seafood dish. The asiago sauce on top looks so good!!

Taylor — April 19, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

Salmon is my favorite food. Those pictures got my mouth watering and I cannot wait to attempt to recreate this one!!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — April 19, 2010 @ 2:34 pm

OOOO I will be trying that! I love salmon and i’m always looking for new ways to make it!

sophia — April 19, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

Jessica…it’s official. You MUST cook for me. I insist. Your sweet baked goods rock, of course, but your savory items are total killers! ah, to be Mr. Sweet….How lucky that man is!

katie — April 19, 2010 @ 3:07 pm

YUMMM! i love salmon!! ive never baked mine tho!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — April 19, 2010 @ 4:20 pm

GORGEOUS! That sauce looks much more decadent than the ingredients would make it seem. Wait…I don’t know if I worded that right, but I think you know what I mean :P

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — April 19, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

done and done….im making this :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 19, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

Salmon with cheese!!!! Genius!!

Low — April 19, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

Salmon is so damn pretty! Looks awesome!

Jamie @ My Baking Addiction — April 19, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

I am very picky about my salmon, but this sounds fab!

Caitlin — April 19, 2010 @ 5:33 pm

Will Mr. How Sweet wear one of his George Strait t-shirts to cheer us on at the marathon? Or how about the boots? I’m gonna need some country lovin’ when I get near the finish line!

Meg @ Be Fit Be Full — April 19, 2010 @ 6:25 pm

You just reminded me that I haven’t had salmon in ages. Now can you just remind me to pick some up this weekend? ;)

Amy from She Wears Many Hats — April 19, 2010 @ 6:57 pm

I don’t usually care too much for salmon but I may even eat it if it’s covered with a sauce like that.

Yum Yucky — April 19, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

Ooo! This is a good one. you’re awesome, woman.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — April 19, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

Your grocery budget must be insane. Just in general. Not b/c you eat “that” extravagantly but b/c probably do the 8.99 for a tiny bag or nuts, this or that spices, etc. Pre skylar i did the same thing. Plus meat or fish is pricey! There are no other newlyweds who eat like you do :)

1. Pingback: The Best Salmon Recipe | The Healthy Apron