Not really.

But it sure resembles it.

The thing is, I don’t even love cake.

I mean, sure, I like it. Some tastes better than others. But on my long list of go-to desserts, cake would be low on the totem pole under chocolate-dipped bacon and 4000-calorie cheesecake.

I have been enjoying this snack everyday this week. It may not be pretty, but it is seriously delicious.

In the mix: 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 muffin, and 1/2 cup of fruit.

Make sure the muffin is warm (preferably with some form of chocolate chips) and the yogurt is cold.

I promise it will become your new obsession.

18 Responses to “Afternoon Delight: Cake and Icing.”

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — June 23, 2010 @ 7:15 pm

YUMM! Sounds like one of my favorite combos too – Love it!

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl — June 23, 2010 @ 7:20 pm

YUM! This sounds so good and super simple to whip up in the afternoon!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — June 23, 2010 @ 7:26 pm

Yes, I will have what she is having! YUM!

Jo — June 23, 2010 @ 7:30 pm

Cool idea.

Wei-Wei — June 23, 2010 @ 7:46 pm

Oh, yummy! Have you ever tried it with Vitatops? I’ve heard that microwaved warm Vitatops are possibly the best thing ever. Maybe even better with yogurt? Try it sometime!

Wei-Wei

• Jessica — June 23rd, 2010 @ 7:48 pm

Yes! I absolutely love Vitatops. I don’t care what kind of crap may be in them.

If I don’t have any of my own muffins, then I use Vita’s. I actually just went and bout 3 more boxes tonight for this very snack. They are delicious when heated.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 23, 2010 @ 9:55 pm

I am with you … cake is not my favourite sweet.

Bethany @ More Fruit Please — June 23, 2010 @ 10:03 pm

I’ve been having the same thing this week except using scones instead of muffins. So good!

Paula — June 24, 2010 @ 2:46 am

oh my! love this!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — June 24, 2010 @ 6:30 am

So easy and delicious, I need to have snacks like that too ;)

Elle — June 24, 2010 @ 7:38 am

Oooh, nice and easy–I love that! Also agree-you’ve gotta have some chocolate in there.

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — June 24, 2010 @ 7:39 am

LOVE the snack. Something so desirable about the textures and flavors when combined. If you love vita tops and vita muffins, I just made a version on my blog- a vegan choc cupcake that’s low calorie and oddly healthy (I know, I don’t generally try to healthify a dessert). You might like it. But I’m sure you have your own special cupcake/muffin loves, because from what I’ve seen, you certainly don’t need advice on baking! Have a great day!

Kacy — June 24, 2010 @ 8:03 am

I love baked goods with Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt cancels out the sugar.

Katie — June 24, 2010 @ 11:58 am

Yup, I could get obsessed with that. Easily.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — June 24, 2010 @ 7:59 pm

Love this! I always dollop Greek yogurt on top of fruit in the morning to make it look like whipped cream. I’ll have to try adding the muffin to trick myself into thinking I’m eating cake and icing. You are brilliant!

Amanda — June 26, 2010 @ 7:38 am

Shut up! How creative is that?!?! So cool girl!!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Afternoon Delight: Cake and Icing. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Muffin Mania. | How Sweet It Is