This is the sight I stumbled upon this morning while I was out on the beach?

Isn’t it pretty?

In case you were wondering, I am not anywhere tropical.

I’m sure it’s difficult to see with the beautiful brown murky water and all.

After a filling breakfast of 2 sugared, gummy fruit slices, I had some pancakes for leisurely bike-riding fuel.

My dad always makes pancakes on vacation. Always.

And for those of you who were wondering if we really do reward ourselves with ice cream every day after our boardwalk bike ride?

Well, we do.

After laying out for about an hour and frying my pasty tree trunk-shaped legs, it started to pour.

It was quite reminiscent of last year when it rained every single day and we almost murdered each other.

Luckily, we had our coconut rum and trashy books to get us through.

It’s all about priorities.

I know you thought I may have been joking about our Malibu consumption, but I am not. Clearly.

After laying around for hours reading (and eating) mindless trash, we went to dinner around 8:30.

This is no surprise, as my family often eats very late at night.

We ended up at a brew house that had a delicious menu.

I got my favorite – leinenkugel sunset wheat – it tastes like blueberries.

And my brother kicked a keg and got this t-shirt.

This place had some of the most amazing cheese sauce I had ever had. It was white cheddar – so creamy and smooth.

Before dipping 600 fries into that, we had some buffalo and blue cheese shrimp.

And some clams casino pizza. That was just to die for. I would love to recreate it.

Too bad clams will probably cost me my first born child back at home.

I then got a giant caesar salad, which I had about 3 bites of before deciding that I still hate vegetables.

I may be relaxed, but not that relaxed.

And if these pictures don’t tell why I don’t blog about my daily life, I don’t know what would. I basically took each photo with my blackberry. My eyes hurt from just looking at these photos.

32 Responses to “Fist Pump!”

katie — June 16, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

hahah i love this tho1!!! i love your daily life!! I understand its annoying sometimes tho. that looks like so much fun!

Kristina — June 16, 2010 @ 9:01 pm

looks like you are having FUN !! :)

I recently had my whipped cream experience with a breakfast item, mine was waffles. I’d seen it forever, thought it seemed weird. Now I am addicted. I want that all the time.

Go Malibu!! :) have fun!

Jo — June 16, 2010 @ 9:06 pm

Yum!!!! That ice cream cone looks like pure sugary goodness!

Eliana — June 16, 2010 @ 9:23 pm

Looks like perfect vacation food :)

liane — June 16, 2010 @ 10:21 pm

Oh dear, i NEED some buffalo and blue cheese shrimp. I really, really do.
    Can I request that for a future How Sweet Eats recipe?
    I would try myself, but let’s be honest, I’d mess it up in no time and create some horrible monstrosity. Much, much better for the master guru to create a masterpiece, and for me to follow…
    Have fun on vacation!!

Kare — June 16, 2010 @ 10:33 pm

Looks like a terrific time! Enjoy. :)

Wei-Wei — June 16, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

You always see tropical, palm tree, sunset photos of the beach… somehow the grey gloominess is beautiful, too. I hope you’re having tons of fun at the beach! Your eats look awesome :D (Cheese sauce? Fries? Ice cream? Pizza? DROOL.)

Wei-Wei

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... — June 17, 2010 @ 12:36 am

Looks like so much fun!

Erica — June 17, 2010 @ 3:17 am

haha glad you’re having fun with the fam :) That ice cream looks so good. And leinenkugel sunset wheat is one of Josh’s favorite beers. Enjoy the rest of your trip

Maria @ ahealthiermaria — June 17, 2010 @ 3:49 am

Actually, these pictures are really good for a blackberry! I can only take pictures with my iphone & they are horrid. Also, all that Malibu is hilarious…enjoy! :)

Gabriela — June 17, 2010 @ 3:56 am

AHH GOODNIGHT IRENE’S!!! You’re in Wildwood!! I’m a Jersey shore shoobie all the way…we have a house a few towns up in Ocean Sh(Citty). Love it. I can’t go to the boardwalk without getting ice cream either. If you’re interested in taking that Malibu to the boardwalk and having some fun, I’ll let you in on the Jersey Shore people-watch drinking game…I won’t post it on here though because it’s a tad, erm, judgemental :) Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

homecookedem — June 17, 2010 @ 4:43 am

I want that shrimp!! Annnnnnnd I want that pizza, yummmmmm!! :) So does the title of this post mean you’re at the Jersey Shore?? ;)

Anne — June 17, 2010 @ 4:46 am

Mmmmh! Malibu, that picture brings back some good old memories :D haha.

Daisy — June 17, 2010 @ 5:14 am

I love these photos! your life looks like so much fun. Woohoo vacation!

Abby — June 17, 2010 @ 5:26 am

Ahh I can’t wait to be back on the beach! And Dave really likes sunset wheat.. I haven’t tried it since I started drinking beer.. I’m told that I would like it now! I like the fruity beers :D

MelissaNibbles — June 17, 2010 @ 5:34 am

All workouts should be rewarded with soft serve from the boardwalk!

Katie — June 17, 2010 @ 5:44 am

Wheeee! Blackberry pictures or not, it is fun to see what you are up to on your vacation. Keep eating ice cream, keep having a blast.

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — June 17, 2010 @ 5:48 am

SO happy to see that you’re really eating ice cream and drinking rum! Haha. I love splurges! I love Sunset Wheat too. So good! Are you coming to the HLS?!? I would LOVE to meet you!!

Erica @ Fashion meets Food — June 17, 2010 @ 5:58 am

That looks like so much fun! I miss going to beaches!

xo

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 17, 2010 @ 6:39 am

What a picturesque view!!! Stunning!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers — June 17, 2010 @ 7:24 am

Umm can I come join you on vacation?! Your family is fun! I looove that sunset wheat beer- so good. Have fun at the beach!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 17, 2010 @ 7:28 am

Ahhh, you’re having a great beach vacation!! I love those first few shots– just beautiful!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — June 17, 2010 @ 7:38 am

hahaah i saw that twitpic last night when you put it up and obsessed with it!!! love the pics and love that fro yo with sprinkles OMG i want some right now!!

have so much fun jess :)

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches — June 17, 2010 @ 8:02 am

Buffalo shrimp????!!!! That looks amazing! And so does the clam pizza. Perfect, indulgent vacation food. Hope you’re having a great time!

Caitlin — June 17, 2010 @ 8:09 am

I think the pics look great! But who am I to judge? I don’t blog about my personal life because I am lazy…or something.

Things I am jealous of in this post: sprinkles, bike rides, waves (murky or not) and maybe, just maaaybe, the rum.

Have fun!

Heather — June 17, 2010 @ 12:42 pm

your favorite is a LEINIES!?!?
    we really are a match made in heaven!

THATS A WISCONSIN BREWED BEER YOU LOVE, MY DEAR.

ok. i will stop freaking out.

thats a lie.
    im going to remember this forever.
    and celebrate this fact.
    FOR SURE.

(does that make me weird?)

good news: bought stuff for crab avocado bacon quesadillas and your very famous (at least in my apt) snow shoveling fish tacos. its going to be a how sweet weekend up at the shugarcrib :)

WISH YOU WERE HERE.

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — June 17, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

Looks like such a fun vacation! I am so glad you are having fun! :)

Kacy — June 17, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

I wish I was there!!! I would love to fist pump with you :) And the “daily life” post kind of rocked my world. Because I’m obsessed with you.

vanillasugar — June 17, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

i love jersey!!! i hate tourists though! LOL

Morgan — June 17, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

DIRTY JERZ!!! I love it! Isn’t the Jersey Shore the best! And nothing beats a vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles in my book!
    I totally don’t blog my daily life, it’s more than I can handle, ugh!
    Are you in Wildwood…watch the tram car please! Nothing like hearing that when you’re drunk out of your mind!

CaSaundra — June 20, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

The beach atmosphere is just so great, isn’t it?! And I looove that sprinkle-covered ice cream cone–yum!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Fist Pump! | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com