No, not these.

But a delicious meal made from Sunday’s leftovers!

But first things first: workout time.

Laying around and drinking wine and not doing a darn thing really took everything out of me on vacation. Gotta get back into it with a favorite full body workout – want to make sure everything is workin’ right. Keep it simple. Easy peasy.

Ok, I’m just annoying myself.

I-Hate-Being-Back-From-Vacation Workout

4 sets of 12

Lunges

Incline chest presses

Deadlifts

Pull ups

Shoulder presses

Triceps dips

Just the basics.

Sometimes those are my most favorite workouts.

Back to dinner…

I roasted veggies. It is no secret that I need more veggies in my life. I ate some tonight. Now it will be approximately 11.3 days before I decide to eat more.

And when I do eat them, they must be roasted. And then after eating them, I will never want them again. Ever.

I roasted the corn from Sunday’s leftovers. So the corn was not only grilled, but then roasted. It was fabulous. Loved the texture.

Also roasted some sweet onion, yellow pepper, and tomatoes. They were tasty. But yes, I needed to force them. No love for the veggies.

In this bowl was pasta, grilled chicken, roasted onions, tomatoes, peppers and corn. Plus some cheese. The world is not right without cheese.

Now I’m going to go back to wishing I was doing this:

here:

Real life stinks.

18 Responses to “Sweet Leftovers.”

Eliana — August 10, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

Cheese will make any veggie taste better.

homecookedem — August 10, 2010 @ 5:17 pm

Your dinner looks so good!! My favorite way to eat veggies is definitely roasted.

teresa — August 10, 2010 @ 5:28 pm

I am telling you Jessica!
    This would be a PERFECT meal for me!
    Delish!
    I love roasting veggies on the grill!
    It’s so hard to let go of a magical holiday!
    I just loved following your trip on Twitter!
    xo

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness — August 10, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

ugh, you had to post another picture of those bars.. :p

Wei-Wei — August 10, 2010 @ 5:35 pm

The veggies look amaaaaazing. But you shouldn’t have put that photo at the top… I totally got distracted. :P

Wei-Wei

Lizzy @ LBBakes — August 10, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

Haha, maybe you should start slipping spinach into cookies or something :)

Lisa @bakebikeblog — August 10, 2010 @ 5:50 pm

haha yes I know what you mean!! :)

ashleigh — August 10, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

I love the I hate being back from vacation workout! What a great quick strength routine.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — August 10, 2010 @ 7:14 pm

Roasted veggies are delicious. I don’t think I’ve tried roasitng corn but since it has quickly become my favorite vegetable (not surprising since it’s full of sugar) I will have to give it a go!

Tina — August 10, 2010 @ 7:23 pm

I have to keep it simple after a vacation. Otherwise I end up sore and overwhelmed.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — August 10, 2010 @ 7:38 pm

Umm why can’t the left overs be those bars!!! YUM. I have a soft spot for desserts like that.

Rhea (Greek Feaster) — August 10, 2010 @ 8:05 pm

sigh, i loved those sunset posts.

that workout of yers is made up of all my go-to circuit exercises! minus lunges. dumb knee. pull ups are still my favorite.

Kacy — August 11, 2010 @ 7:12 am

Mmm, I love roasted veggies. Grilled, roasted corn?! YES!

Dana — August 11, 2010 @ 10:13 am

I love roasted veggies… this looks and sounds fantastic!!

Jessica — August 11, 2010 @ 7:44 pm

Oh my gosh, I love your blog even more now that you have northern Michigan roots like I do. I used to spend my summers as a child in Elk Rapids/Traverse City with my grandparents, who had a home on Grand Traverse Bay near Kewadin. It’s SO amazingly gorgeous up there. It’s a hidden gem- if more people across America knew how stunning northern Michigan is in the summer, it would be SWAMPED with tourists. I miss it dearly, I haven’t been there in years. Many of my best and most favorite memories are in northern Michigan. Go eat some cherry pie and hunt down some petoskey stones for me! Northern Michigan <3

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — August 12, 2010 @ 11:21 pm

That glass of chilled white wine look so good :P TGIF!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) — August 13, 2010 @ 5:47 am

I love working out when I get back from vacation weirdly enough. It just feels good. Although it can be difficult for me to get myself motivated.

Roasted veggies are incredible. Add in some balsamic glaze and bacon and it’s almost life-changing. Seriously.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Sweet Leftovers. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com