Apple Nachos.

I told you that I really love apples.

I love them in all forms. Hot, cold, shredded, baked. I even love them in salads. Well, as much as I can love salads that is.

I spied apple nachos in the newest Taste of Home and couldn’t stop thinking about them. I mean, what a perfect snack for me! I get a little chocolate, peanut butter, coconut and salty pecans, but since all of this tops off a giant honeycrisp apple, it has to be healthy. Right? Yep, that’s what I thought too.

I added a little dollop of greek yogurt, which I promptly spread all over the apple and said toppings. How could something so simple boggle my mind like this? Why haven’t I ever made these before?! Have you all been holding out on me?
If you knew about the apple nachos I’m a bit annoyed that you didn’t share.

As I was making these, I decided that I had to sprinkle the entire plate with cinnamon. But then I got caught up in the whirlwind of the peanut butter and chocolate and I forgot the cinnamon! I didn’t even remember it until I looked at these pictures. The veggies must have poisoned my mind.
If you make these you must add some cinnamon. And nutmeg. And even some apple pie spice?

I can’t even concentrate. I need to go make these for breakfast. They were such a treat. Can you tell I’m obsessed? I hope not. I can be a bit insecure.

Apple Nachos

inspired by Taste of Home

serves 1

1 apple, cored and sliced into thin rounds

1 tablespoon peanut butter

1 tablespoon chocolate syrup/melted chocolate

1 tablespoon caramel drizzle

2 tablespoons crushed salted pecans

1 tablespoon shredded coconut

few chocolate chips

+ anything else you want to add!

Core apples and slice into rounds. Lay on plate and top with whatever toppings you desire!

Looks like things are back to normal around here. Peanut butter, chocolate, coconut… we definitely needed this after those brussels sprouts. Now tell me – what would you add to your apple nachos? I need ideas since this will clearly be a meal for me for the next 6 months.

119 Responses to “Apple Nachos.”

Ang — September 22, 2010 @ 10:54 am

These looks sooooo good. I would top apple nachos with a crushed up Heath bar. Yum!

• Neva — July 28th, 2011 @ 2:37 am

I totally agree!

TheHealthyapron — September 22, 2010 @ 11:20 am

YOur recipes never cease to amaze me. How creative!!

the country cook @ Delightful Country Cookin' — September 22, 2010 @ 11:51 am

oh, how fun! I love apple crisp and apple turnovers, but have never heard of doing this.

Lisa — September 22, 2010 @ 11:53 am

Your a genious! =)

• Lisa — September 22nd, 2010 @ 11:55 am

oops, i’m obviously not with my spelling. GENIUS. haha. I cannot wait to try out those apples! The possibilities are endless! Thanks girl for the recipe! =)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — September 22, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

That’s almost not even right it’s so right!

Jenny — September 22, 2010 @ 12:33 pm

such a good idea! i need to make these. pumpkin butter on top could make these even yummier..hmm.. :)

Tracy — September 22, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

Oh goodness, the possibilities with this are endless! Brie, honey, apple butter, pumpkin…yum!!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com — September 22, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

Girl, i just LOVE this idea!!! <3

Chef Bee — September 22, 2010 @ 12:51 pm

Apple nachos! I love it. Great idea.

Plan B

janetha g. @ meals & moves — September 22, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

so cute and clever! i love this idea!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — September 22, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

Very cool idea!! I love apples too, but I forget to eat them.

Heidi — September 22, 2010 @ 1:39 pm

Yum! My three year old and I tried this for our snack. Messy, but so awesome! I will keep doing this forever I love it so much :D Thank you!

• Heidi — September 22nd, 2010 @ 1:42 pm

Forgot to say that fruit sauces would be awesome. Cook down some fruit(berries would be especially yummy) till it’s nice and thick, add sugar as needed and put it in a squeeze bottle for occasions like this :D

Chicago Cuisine Critique — September 22, 2010 @ 1:59 pm

What a creative idea!

Betherann — September 22, 2010 @ 2:42 pm

GENius.

Zoe@Simply Seasonal — September 22, 2010 @ 3:31 pm

wow, this is something i MUST try.
    its pretty genius :)

homecookedem — September 22, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

Um, YUM!!!!!!! I have got to try these out!! I think I would put exactly what you put on yours minus the coconut. MMmmmmmm!! :)

Manon — September 22, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

OMGeeeeeeeeee!!! I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to try this!

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun — September 22, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

Sweet nachos?! I would have never thought of it! I bet a scoop of ice cream on top would make it even better! <3

Katie — September 22, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

You are seriously a genius. This is like art in my book…I actually want to print out these photos and hang them in my kitchen. Not to mention how delicious they look…good Lord.

Lindsay — September 22, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

this is probably the best thing i’ve seen all day…can’t wait to try. i just bought myself an apple corer and am semi-obsessed with using it :)

Brynne — September 22, 2010 @ 6:35 pm

Apple nachos. I think I just fell in love with you.

Ellen@FirednFabulous — September 22, 2010 @ 7:00 pm

This looks like HEAVEN! Coconut, carmel, chocolate—the Three C’s! HA

Noelle @Opera Singer in Kitchen — September 22, 2010 @ 7:59 pm

You have to be freaking kidding me! I was formulating something like this for dessert tonight but I did not get around to making it. This looks so yummy!!!! You are speaking my language!

Taylor — September 22, 2010 @ 9:24 pm

I love this idea!! I think I would make my personalized version with just the caramel sauce, pecans, yogurt, and topped with some cinnamon…yum yum!

CaSaundra — September 23, 2010 @ 5:27 am

Sometimes the simplest of ingredients can turn into the most fabulous recipes–that looks like the case with these apple nachos..mmmm!!

Dani — September 23, 2010 @ 6:42 am

I was just at my parent’s on Tuesday and was flipping through my mom’s Taste of Home magazine and saw this Apple Nacho recipe. I told my mom I had to get it because it looked insanely good. Now just 2 days later you are sending the recipe to me in your daily email with more photos. I think it is a sign from above that I need to make this today!!!! Thanks for the sign!!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — September 23, 2010 @ 6:43 am

I’m not letting my kids see this!! Oh wait, maybe they would share. Maybe I WILL let them see it! My 11 year old son is getting into cooking, he would LOVE to make an apple creation like this! Great idea!

Window On The Prairie — September 23, 2010 @ 6:43 am

What a wonderfully simple dish. My kind of cooking. http://windowontheprairie.com/ Suzanne

Lara (Thinspired) — September 23, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

What an awesome idea! Dessert nachos! :)

Jessie K — September 23, 2010 @ 2:00 pm

Okay, if you really love apples then you have GOT to try a grilled cheese apple sandwich! Cinnamon raisin bread, cheese, apples sauted in maple syrup, softened cream cheese, cinnamon. That’s it! YUMMY!!!!!!!!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — September 23, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

Wow… What a fun idea! I’ve never thought to make apple nachos, but it’s such a great idea!

Dana — September 23, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

This sounds great!! I love anything with the word “nachos” in the title. Last week I had waffle fry nachos, which were just waffle fried with all of the traditional nacho toppings on top!

Kat — September 23, 2010 @ 8:51 pm

Um, hello…Apple nachos? You kill me lady! I’m signing on for no other reason than the fact that chocolate chips and coconut are involved :)

Marie — September 24, 2010 @ 7:30 am

These are awesome. What a great idea!!

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — September 24, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

It’s apple so it’s healthy! Right? You are so creative! Have a good weekend :)

Hilary — September 24, 2010 @ 3:25 pm

Hmmm, that looks delish. I saw them in there too and ripped it right out. I’m hoping to make them soon. :)

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — September 24, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

MAKING THESE!!! Let’s see…this is pretty much the 4936th recipe of yours I’ve bookmarked…

andrea — September 25, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

Just happened upon your blog thru Be Different…Act Normal. LOVE. I think caramel with crushed up peanuts. Think caramel apple. I think bananas and peanut butter on top would be good too. I love apples and bananas together. Then you could also top with granola (to “health it up” a bit). Some crumbled pie crust would be good if you were getting ambitious. :o) The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!! You could also throw some cream cheese on there because it could be dog food, and with cream cheese added? Mmmm…Can’t beat cream cheese! Oh, gosh, when is dinner…

Whitney — September 25, 2010 @ 7:18 pm

I’d copy a local place called Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory…drizzle melted caramel and white chocolate over the apples then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Jemma @ Celeryandcupcakes.wordpress.com — September 27, 2010 @ 3:59 am

These appl enachos look delicious…such a fab idea!

natalie (the sweets life) — September 27, 2010 @ 1:00 pm

way behind on my google reader after vacation but finally catching up and these stopped me dead in my tracks! YUM!!!!

Casey — January 14, 2011 @ 1:41 am

mmm yum! i’d put some granola on top for a little healthiness plus i am OBSESSED with granola…maybe i should make an apple granola? lol i share your love for apples

devah — December 11, 2011 @ 3:25 am

I had theese before in a restaurant. I think they put the thin slices of apple in the oven for a little while cause they were a little crisp, like chips and WARM (mmmm) they had those little Kraft carmel bits and 2 kinds of chocolate chips milk and dark. and they had some vanilla sause served in a little cup beside them. Ahhhh. Life is Good

Hilary — January 23, 2012 @ 6:16 pm

Yummmm, i saw these on pinterest a few days back and now have found the source!! I bet bacon bits and chocolate sauce would be great, or honey and blue cheese crumbles!

Chrissy — June 28, 2012 @ 8:15 pm

I tried these and they are amazing!! Then I tried with Apple Butter, Salted Caramel and crushed cinammon graham crackers, pecans and VOILA!! Apple Pie Nachos!! Vanilla ice cream a must!

Andrea — September 13, 2012 @ 9:05 pm

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Apple Nachos. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Nacho Headlines: A Palin, Re-engineering chos — Nachos NY

3. Pingback: Apple Nachos | Foodbeast Apple Nachos | Because We're Hungry.

4. Pingback: How To Make Apple Nachos | UniqueDaily.com