These are the simplest, tastiest, quickest cashews you can make. I promise.

If you don’t agree I will bake you cookies or eat a piece of broccoli or do something to appease you.

After hearing such wonderful things about Ina Garten’s chili-spiced cashews, I really couldn’t wait to try them. But can I ever follow a recipe? Of course not. So I just kept adding things and hoped they would still taste good.
I made them on Sunday and Mr. How Sweet couldn’t keep away from them from the minute the came off the stove. He kept eating handful after handful and giggling at himself, saying “these warm spicy nuts are delicious.” And things like, “would you like to try my spicy nuts?”

See? I don’t need a child. I have a husband who is rounding the corner of his mid-to-late thirties and still laughs at jokes that an 8-year old would come up with.

Spicy Smokey Cashews

inspired by Ina Garten

2 cups cashews

1/2 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Heat a skillet over low heat. Add cashews and olive oil, tossing to coat. Add spices and mix to thoroughly combine. Heat until nuts are warmed through. Remove from pan and let dry.

Mr. How Sweet says you can also have warm spicy nuts in 10 minutes or less. His words – not mine. Take that as you will.

78 Responses to “Spicy Smokey Cashews.”

Cindy Coniglio — September 24, 2010 @ 11:58 am

Hi Jess, Nick would love these. He has been hiding nuts around the house since I can’t eat them right now. How nice of him :(.. If I spotted Ranch Quakes, it would be all over. Tty tonight…

Karly — September 24, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

Mm, I do love me some warm nuts. ;) Sorry. That was for Mr. How Sweet. I just had to say it. I’m an 8 year old boy at heart, you know.

Jen — September 24, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

Mmm, these sound so good.

Can I just say I have been reading your posts for a while now and LOVE it! I have tried a few of your recipes – most recently the chocolate peanut butter chip bars – yummers.

And, may I say that your husband and mine would probably get along great considering the fabulous one-liners – hehe.
    Happy Friday! Gonna go home and make cashews ;)

Jen

• Jessica — September 24th, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

Hi Jen! So glad you are enjoying the posts and recipes. Thank you!

homecookedem — September 24, 2010 @ 3:46 pm

Cashews are probably my favorite nut! These look so yummy!! :)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — September 24, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

These look really good!!

I think I woulda thrown out some of the same lines as Mr How Sweet did! Sometimes I thoroughly enjoy 8 year old boy style jokes. :)

Dani — September 24, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

These look so good! I want to toss them on a salad with goat cheese and cranberries!!!

Moni'sMeals — September 24, 2010 @ 5:30 pm

Looks great! We just love cashews over here-my husband is very similar. ;)

justcooknyc — September 24, 2010 @ 5:57 pm

i went through such a spiced nut phase, but it’s been way too long since i’ve made anything like this. time to fix that.

Chris — September 24, 2010 @ 9:20 pm

I’m actually just like your husband… I mean my husband is.. whatever. No seriously, I am always telling jokes like that… and I’m a woman….. and I’m 40. And I have 2 adult children…I can’t help it. My mind is a gutter.

Mary (A Merry Life) — September 25, 2010 @ 1:23 am

Yummy!! I love cashews!

Kelly — September 25, 2010 @ 7:47 am

Cashews are my favorite nut. I love it! Every year for Christmas my Grandma always gets me a huge tin filled with spiced cashews. It is HUGE and yet I somehow manage to polish it off in about a week. Poor little cashews, they don’t stand a chance!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — September 25, 2010 @ 8:28 am

Cashews are my favorite! I can’t believe you would actually eat a piece of broccoli? THAT really makes me want to try these! Great for parties or get togethers. Thanks!

Kasey — September 25, 2010 @ 8:43 am

The recipe looks so simple and delish! Thanks for sharing :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — September 25, 2010 @ 6:30 pm

Those look incredible! My hubs is a cashew fan… Will save this recipe!

Ellen@FirednFabulous — September 26, 2010 @ 10:28 am

Ohmygod, I LOOOVE cashews. These sound amazing! I might need to test them out just in case I don’t agree that they are the tastiest/quickest/easiest to make. I’d KILL for a batch of cookies from you! ha

RhodeyGirl — September 27, 2010 @ 4:26 am

I’ve heard that Ina recipe is good… but honestly this looks even better!

Sportsgirl — September 29, 2010 @ 3:02 am

These look so good. I already have a recipe for spiced nuts but I would like to try another :)

sanju — August 21, 2011 @ 1:21 pm

i just made them! i must admit, they are goooooooood. :)

Jules — November 23, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

Made thsee up for Thanksgiving tomorrow and they turned out great!

Elizabeth — March 27, 2014 @ 2:06 pm

Sounds amazing,,I need some nuts hehe

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Spicy Smokey Cashews. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Holiday Appetizers | How Sweet It Is