Sunday Breakfast.

My dad has always made really great pancakes. It is somewhat of a tradition. Ever since we met and Mr. How Sweet  learned this, he always makes pancakes and asks, “are they as good as your dad’s pancakes?!” Obviously, I’m not answering that.

Like many other mornings, Mr. How Sweet made pancakes (it is National Pancake Day!) and he just begged me to post them.

He calls these “my pancakes that will kick your dads’ pancakes’ butt.’

I want no parts of this.

Stay tuned: Mr. How Sweet’s belated birthday dinner coming up next!

29 Responses to “Sunday Breakfast.”

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — September 26, 2010 @ 7:17 am

It’s national pancake day!? How did I miss this?! I’m so craving these now…carby deliciousness!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — September 26, 2010 @ 7:18 am

They look delicious. Sundays are definitely the perfect pancake making morning. :)

Danielle — September 26, 2010 @ 7:18 am

Great action shot of the syrup being poured… Ah, the maple-licious coating.

Wei-Wei — September 26, 2010 @ 7:19 am

Your dad’s recipe for pancakes IS on your blog, right? I’m going to check…

homecookedem — September 26, 2010 @ 7:21 am

They sure are gorgeous pancakes!! I love making pancakes on the weekends!! :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet — September 26, 2010 @ 7:32 am

any pancakes made for me by someone else are winners:-)

susan — September 26, 2010 @ 7:38 am

I think pancakes are a total family tradition food. I didn’t know it was national pancake day, but I totally had them for breakfast this morning!

Liz @ LBBakes — September 26, 2010 @ 7:41 am

Darn it – maybe I’ll have to eat pancakes for dinner?!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — September 26, 2010 @ 8:05 am

I am celebrating tonight with pumpkin pancakes! I am roasting the pumpkin in just a little bit…I can’t wait! Have a great Sunday Jessica…looks like you are off to a great start!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies — September 26, 2010 @ 8:17 am

A breakfast cooked by someone else is always a winner in my book – plus those pancakes look delicious!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — September 26, 2010 @ 8:55 am

PERFECT SUNDAY BREAKFAST!!!!!! <3

Kristina @ spabettie — September 26, 2010 @ 9:02 am

Jason always makes the pancakes in our house, because I say “I’m not good at them”. ;) I make my protein pancakes fine during the week when he is at work… somehow I lose that ability when he is around :D

HAPPY SUNDAY !!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — September 26, 2010 @ 9:03 am

National pancake day? What?! Haha, my grandfather’s pancakes will always be the best in the world to me. Even if they do come from a box, and are topped with I can’t believe it’s not butter spray :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com — September 26, 2010 @ 9:55 am

i should have known ud make pancakes!!! <3 LOVEEEE

Amanda — September 26, 2010 @ 10:33 am

Yum! Those look delicious!

ida — September 26, 2010 @ 11:44 am

They look like pillows of deliciousness! I had no idea it was pancake day- I need to celebrate asap.

Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) — September 26, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

Pancakes = heaven! They look really good.

Heather — September 26, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

i kinda want pancakes for dinner now…

Cynthia (It All Changes) — September 26, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

We celebrated National Pancake Day with a plate sized mulitgrain blueberry pancake from our favorite place for lunch and local maple syrup. SO good!

Kim in MD — September 26, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

These look amazing! Sadly, I did not celebrate NPD, but I will try your recipe the next time we have pancakes! :-)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — September 26, 2010 @ 3:05 pm

Okay, tomorrow I’m making pancakes. Because I love them. I can’t help it. They’re damn good.

Sana — September 26, 2010 @ 3:17 pm

National Pancake Day? How do I miss out on this stuff?!?!!?

CaSaundra — September 26, 2010 @ 4:00 pm

So cute he wanted to be on the blog! And funny he competes with your dad’s pancakes. But hey, at least you got a good lookin breakfast outta the deal!

Chrissy — September 26, 2010 @ 4:09 pm

Guess what… I don’t like pancakes. LOL. Surprise surprise. I’m more of a waffle girl. But I gotta say, I wouldn’t turn one of those babies down.

Kacy — September 27, 2010 @ 6:28 am

Pancakes sound sooo good right now. I’d be more than happy to be a judge in that contest.

Mary @ Stylefyles — September 27, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

My favorite pancakes are blueberry http://stylefyles.tumblr.com/post/459649545/blueberry-pancakes

Yours looks SOO tasty though!

I’m only halfway sold on pancakes taste-wise, but aesthetically they just kill me every time. They always look soooo delicious I end up eating too much and feel bloated afterwards, heh, heh. Perhaps if I had more self-control I’d crave and eat them more?

Mr. Sweets bday dinner looked fantastic tooo!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — September 27, 2010 @ 9:30 pm

Those pancakes look perfect to me!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — September 28, 2010 @ 7:12 pm

Yum! Always happy to try some new pancakes :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Sunday Breakfast. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com