DC Day 2.

After our incredulous breakfast yesterday, Mr. How Sweet and I took off on foot to do some sight seeing. Highlights below!

[my favorite part. obviously.]

A friend had recommended that we eat at the Native American Museum, and I am so glad we did! Had we just stumbled upon it ourselves, it is probably not somewhere we would have chosen, but I ended up loving it. There were multiple different cuisines to choose from and it was just delicious. I had the best peach salsa I’ve ever had in my life. I was eating it with a spoon.

Guess what Mr. How Sweet got? A buffalo burger and buffalo chili.  Shocking, I know. The conversation kind of went like this:

Me: Do you like your chili?

Him: Yes.

Me: What does it taste like?

Him: ….chili.

Me. Well is the burger good?

Him: It tastes like a burger.

The only thing he got excited about was this statue, and told me I had to post it on the blog.

We walked around a bit more, then in true granny and gramps fashion, had to go lie down and take a nap. We were exhausted. It was challenging not to raid this:

But the nap fueled us to go in search for something I had never had. Froyo!

Yes. I am sheltered, naïve, and live in a bubble. We don’t have any froyo places close to us, so I needed to get some. Then we continue on our walk.

Overall, we walked probably close to 8-10 miles throughout the day. It was amazing, but we were so tired. We had planned on going to a nice dinner (actually Mr. How Sweet was planning something for our anniversary) but all we really wanted to do was go to sleep. So we just went to this place next to our hotel, which we loved.

Again…

Me: How is your pizza?

Him: It tastes like pizza.

He has such a way with words.

Next up… my favorite DC pics at night!

31 Responses to “DC Day 2.”

Jess — October 17, 2010 @ 7:52 am

I love DC! Have you seen Julie and Julia? It’s such a cute movie!

Matt — October 17, 2010 @ 7:53 am

Your hubby is awesome ;)

Debbie B. — October 17, 2010 @ 7:57 am

If you have extra time and a car …. give Dairy Godmother in Del Ray (http://www.thedairygodmother.com/flavor-of-the-day-forecast/) a try. It’s just outside of DC and the frozen custard is awesome and the place is adorable!

Ashley — October 17, 2010 @ 8:12 am

hehehe ohhhh mr. how sweet…so silly!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — October 17, 2010 @ 8:16 am

Again, great pics! I can’t wait to go to DC and maybe try some of those places. :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — October 17, 2010 @ 8:26 am

OMG Julia Child’s Kitchen?? That would definitely be the highlight of the trip for me!! I love your sightseeing photos…. they’re making me think that I need to take more holidays to the US – I’ve lived in many places but haven’t seen much of the States!

Kim in MD — October 17, 2010 @ 8:30 am

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos, Jessica! I so happy you had a nice time in D.C.!

Danielle — October 17, 2010 @ 8:37 am

Beautiful photos! Thanks for the vicarious vacation! :)

Maria — October 17, 2010 @ 9:15 am

I LOVE the Native American Museum cafe. I take all visitors to that place and they love it too! And Vapiano’s is terrific! You picked some great places to eat :D

Kristina @ spabettie — October 17, 2010 @ 9:24 am

our hotel room in Vegas had the mini bar that was WEIGHTED – if you MOVED something you were charged for it. so happy they warned us, because I always love looking at everything, even if I don’t buy that $90 bottle of vodka that is 375ml… that would cost me $19 at home!! :D

happy anniversary (again) – what a fun weekend ! <3

Kate — October 17, 2010 @ 9:27 am

Ooo, I LOVE Vapiano! Isn’t DC fun? I’ve got SO many things on my DC Bucket List, thanks for the photos!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 17, 2010 @ 10:24 am

My husband is the same way – he gets annoyed when I ask him what he’s going to order and then when I ask him how it is, he doesn’t really have a way to describe it well. Oh well.

RhodeyGirl — October 17, 2010 @ 10:28 am

I’m so jealous of your visit to the museum! I have wanted to go there for years!!!

And PS that pizza looks DELICIOUS.

Rene Rodgers — October 17, 2010 @ 11:22 am

Oh, I loved Julia’s kitchen. When I was there over the 4th of July some little boy walked in with his mom and said “Why is there a kitchen here?” It was highly amusing.

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear — October 17, 2010 @ 11:25 am

I love Vapiano! it’s such a unique and fun way of service, the food is reasonably priced (at least in Germany, we don’t have it in Finland.. surprise, surprise!) and good :)

You might not live close to a fryo-yo place, but we don’t have ANY in our country :D

• Jessica — October 17th, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

It was definitely reasonably priced! Those pizzas were 8 cuts each and only $8.95 – we thought that was great. Plus, they were delicious! And I was reading about them and thought it was so cool they originated in Germany. I wish we had them in Pittsburgh.

Chrissy — October 17, 2010 @ 12:29 pm

Mr. How Sweet sounds just like my boyfriend. Everything is always just “good”. That’s all he says. I ask how anything in the world is. “Good.” However… I did make a batch of double chocolate chip muffins last week and he said, “I want to have sex with these muffins.” That’s a rave review from the boy who always says “Good.”

Heather — October 17, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

i love that julia child quote…so true! we should always be having a good time :)

Terri Ab — October 17, 2010 @ 2:17 pm

I didn’t know Julia’s kitchen was at the AH museum. Must make a trip down there to see it and try the Vapiano pizza. Yum! Looks like you’re having fun – you have great weather for it!

Brittany — October 17, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

Exploring DC is so fun and your photos are wonderful!

Sarah — October 17, 2010 @ 3:15 pm

Vapiano is the best. Glad you guys liked it! I love to eat there every chance I get.

Stephanie — October 17, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

NEVER HAD FRO YO?!??!? omg girllll that’s nuts – hope you loved it!!! looks like ya’ll had a great trip, d.c. can be so pretty when you aren’t sitting in hours of traffic ;)

Sana — October 17, 2010 @ 6:05 pm

Hahaha oh men! This is why we have our girlfriends to talk abt our feelings with!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) — October 17, 2010 @ 8:33 pm

I am totally nerding out right now about the museums! I neeeeeed to go to DC!

Cara — October 18, 2010 @ 4:02 am

Love DC…I was there in February!
    So many neat things to see.

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — October 18, 2010 @ 5:54 am

Soooo jealous you went to see Julia’s house/museum. I love her :) and the movie Julie & Julia.

Kim — October 18, 2010 @ 9:28 am

The Native American Museum food court is amazing! We had about 15 different people from locals to tour guides tell us that it was hands down the best food court in DC and I see what they mean! So many interesting and delicious options! Now I’m hungry.

• Jessica — October 18th, 2010 @ 11:33 am

Oh my gosh… it was so delicious!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — October 18, 2010 @ 7:19 pm

Great photos… Looks like a lovely weekend to visit DC!

heather — October 19, 2010 @ 6:07 am

so…..
    that photo of the presidential road signs?
    how do you feel about me having that blown up, matted and framed for my living room?

(also – i was a BIG FAN of that twitter photo of fun facts. xo)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention DC Day 2. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com