I’ve been seeing a little too much green lately.

No, not jealousy. Vegetables. Green vegetables. On this blog. Don’t act like you haven’t noticed. I know you have. What is going on?  I am not sure, but I need to drown in a vat of chocolate to find myself again. Eat my way into chocolate oblivion.

So please enjoy some of my favorite chocolate desserts. If you need me, I’ll be up to my elbows in melted Ghiradelli.

Chocolate Cobbler

This dessert is a sin. It is so delicious, I feel like I’m doing something wrong when eating it. It is the #1 dessert you need to try.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

The lazy man’s cookie. I love them because they are chewier and fudgier than cookies.

Salty Chocolate Turtle Cookies

I don’t think it gets much better than chocolate + salt.

Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins

These are made with whole wheat flour, which makes it perfectly appropriate to eat 11 of them. Or 20. Whichever you choose.

Brownie Pizza

The cream cheese “sauce” on this brownie pizza is so sweet it hurts my teeth. And that’s just the way I like it.

Ahh.. that feels better. I’m starting to feel like me again. Now tell me – what is your favorite chocolate dessert?

79 Responses to “Get Lost In Chocolate.”

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 8, 2010 @ 3:55 am

Oh that’s just sinful – all of those desserts look amazing!

I used to have a chocolate fix at least twice a day… however, I haven’t really been in a chocolatey mood lately (gasp!).

Tabitha (From Single to Married) — October 8, 2010 @ 4:07 am

Oh heavens – these look amazing. And I don’t even eat chocolate! :)

Erica — October 8, 2010 @ 4:21 am

I’ve had that chocolate cobbler on my to make list since you posted about it. It looks so good! And…I’m not even a huge chocolate person!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — October 8, 2010 @ 4:23 am

I’ll take two of everything. Thanks ;)

Lauren at KeepItSweet — October 8, 2010 @ 4:24 am

i just opened up way too many of those recipes…. 3 day weekend = lots of time for baking:-)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — October 8, 2010 @ 4:25 am

Annnnnd now I’m drooling at 7:20 in the morning. Awesome.

I love ALL chocolate desserts…but nothing beats an extra moist brownie! I like ‘em almost like straight-up fudge :-)

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — October 8, 2010 @ 4:33 am

Any chocolate dessert that you make is my favorite dessert! ;-)

Wei-Wei — October 8, 2010 @ 5:11 am

JESSICA! YOU’RE BACK!

Amalia — October 8, 2010 @ 5:14 am

is soo early to be watching that chocolate cobbler! Oh my god…a question, you think I can use melted butter instead of oil in that dessert? It just seems to be that it could be better, if that’s possible (:
    Thanks!

-Amalia

• Jessica — October 8th, 2010 @ 5:16 am

I think you should try! It actually sounds better to me than the oil too. If you try it, let me know.

• Amalia — October 8th, 2010 @ 5:28 am

I will! Don’t be scared but I might as well use browned butter ;)

• Jessica — October 8th, 2010 @ 5:31 am

Scared?! That is like my life elixir.

Heather — October 8, 2010 @ 5:21 am

omigosh, HOW did i forget about chocolate cobbler?!?!?!?! I have to make that this weekend…have to.

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — October 8, 2010 @ 5:27 am

Are you kidding?! I’m already hungry for dessert, and it’s barely 8:30am! Thank you for posting morning dessert pictures–it’s already got me thinking about what to bake tonight after work :)

Tina — October 8, 2010 @ 5:38 am

Haha! And chocolate goes perfect with Friday anyways. :D

Talia @Texas Gunslinger — October 8, 2010 @ 5:46 am

AHHH, CHOCOLATE! Girl, that’s it, we have to meet and be best friends and I’ll clean for you in exchange for the yummiest meals on the planet HAHA!

I think if I even had a bite of each of those desserts I’d go into sugar shock since I haven’t had sweets in months…BUT, I think it’d be worth it hehe;)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete — October 8, 2010 @ 5:48 am

That brownie pizza looks so good!

My favorite chocolate dessert is a regular ole brownie — there is nothing better!

Matt — October 8, 2010 @ 5:55 am

Chocolate ice cream for me please :)

Chrissy — October 8, 2010 @ 5:56 am

I found your blog the day you posted chocolate cobbler. I had all the ingredients so I thought it must be fate. I’ve made it so many times. I love it!!!!!

The Nifty Foodie — October 8, 2010 @ 5:56 am

Oh my gosh…all of this looks so sinful and divine!

Evan Thomas — October 8, 2010 @ 5:58 am

Yes please.
    I’m such a purist, but sometimes my favorite dessert is just a piece of a chocolate bar.

susan — October 8, 2010 @ 5:59 am

Yum yum yum! I eat a lot of chocolate AND a lot of veggies – I consider them both indulgences!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — October 8, 2010 @ 6:14 am

I HAD noticed! I knew you’d come back to your chocolate covered bacon roots eventually!

amanda — October 8, 2010 @ 6:16 am

I love all chocolate so it is hard to narrow it down to one dessert. I think I would have to say a big warmed giant cookie with vanilla ice cream, cherry and whipped cream on top. delicious!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — October 8, 2010 @ 6:24 am

Chocolate overload!! Can we have some of those for breakfast!?! Seriously that chocolate cobbler can soooo count as breakfast right!?

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 8, 2010 @ 6:33 am

I could really go for a slice of that brownie pizza…right now. Yep, at 9:30 in the morning. It would be the perfect Friday breakfast, don’t you think?

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — October 8, 2010 @ 6:37 am

I love all chocolate desserts usually — unless there is coconut or lemon involved. You know what I really love, since it’s a special treat? Those little flourless souffle things. Ha yeah I know real descriptive.

Lauren — October 8, 2010 @ 6:42 am

Okay, so you just completely ignited my chocolate cravings and it’s not even 10am! LoL, I want that chocolate cobbler!

Diane — October 8, 2010 @ 6:48 am

My husband and son would die for these. I’m not so big on chocolate myself. Imagine that! LOL

brandi — October 8, 2010 @ 6:51 am

I seriously need to make that chocolate cobbler already. I have very fond memories of the one at Cracker Barrel and think homemade would be even better.

PS: I like my alone time but HATE when Nick is actually out of town. I freak out at every sound! I am a wuss.

• Jessica — October 8th, 2010 @ 6:55 am

Oh no – I am the biggest baby. I sleep with all the lights on and butcher knives on the dresser.

• brandi — October 8th, 2010 @ 6:58 am

Okay. We’re the same :)

• barefootgirl27 — October 8th, 2010 @ 9:08 am

when my husband is out of town, I sleep with my pink softball bat at my side!!

AND all of the lights on… The neighbors probably know that he’s gone on that fact alone…

Amanda V. — October 8, 2010 @ 7:14 am

I have to try that Brownie fruit pizza! I love regular fruit pizza, but then add chocolate.. genius.
    My fav. chocolate dessert is chocolate cheesecake. I’m not a huge chocolate lover (shocking, right?) so I like the mix with cream cheese.

Natalia - a side of simple — October 8, 2010 @ 7:18 am

I think it’s a sin to have to choose a favorite chocolate dessert ;) Glad you brought some ‘sweet tooth’ back!

Camille — October 8, 2010 @ 7:19 am

Now this is more like it! I was starting to worry about you!

Jamie @ Food in Real Life — October 8, 2010 @ 7:25 am

Cue the Barry White music….Ohhh yeahhhhhhhhh this is what I’m talkin about…

My favorite chocolate dessert is a gooey brownie with lots of ice cream.

Judi — October 8, 2010 @ 7:27 am

All of these look divine!!! I cannot wait to try the Turtle cookies. Turtles are my boyfriends FAVORITE!!

Just a heads up- The link for the Peanut Butter Bars redirects to the recipe for the Pizza dessert!! :0)

LOVE your blog! ::~::

• Jessica — October 8th, 2010 @ 7:35 am

Thank you! Fixed. :)

Kelly — October 8, 2010 @ 7:27 am

Hum…chocolate…that is hard because I am not a chocolate lover. I a am a boring vanilla girl! But I can eat an entire chocolate chip cookie cake in one day….gotta love birthdays.

Emily Marie — October 8, 2010 @ 7:39 am

Mmmm, Ghiradelli chocolate… the only chocolate worth using, in my humble opinion!

And my favorite chocolate dessert would be thick, extra rich brownies. With extra chocolate chips in them!

Alice — October 8, 2010 @ 7:39 am

You had me at chocolate cobbler…..!

Julia — October 8, 2010 @ 8:08 am

Everyone on this page looks amazing, but especially those cookies! Salt, caramel, and chocolate in a cookie! Yes please!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — October 8, 2010 @ 8:29 am

Yummm, I think everything on this post could be my favourite! I’m not even that big of a chocolate fan (as in, it’s not usually the first thing I crave) but I want the chocolate pizza rightthissecond. :)

katie — October 8, 2010 @ 8:38 am

seriously I almost jump through my computer screen everytime i read these posts! that pizza sounds BALLER!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — October 8, 2010 @ 8:39 am

Thatta girl. Love this post. And the fact that the cobbler can be made vegan super easily….ahhhhhh I feel the baking itch coming along…

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — October 8, 2010 @ 8:49 am

So many desserts, so little time. I need to make that cobbler. I’ve thought about it several times but then it never pans out. Must make this work!

Melinda — October 8, 2010 @ 9:05 am

Now I want some chocolate. I love chocolate. We recently bought these mini cakes from Bimbo (international company, and I still laugh every time I buy a product) and they go right in the oven, and in 16 minutes you have a warm, gooey cake with fudge sauce in the middle.

vann — October 8, 2010 @ 9:08 am

ACK i want it all. i seriously am lacking in life because ive never had that cobbler. my mind exploded a little. CHOCOLATE in COBBLER?? yes.

barefootgirl27 — October 8, 2010 @ 9:09 am

♥♥♥Chocolate♥♥♥

that’s it.. I’m having chocolate for lunch!!

oh, my fav?? chocolate cheesecake.. yum!

emma — October 8, 2010 @ 9:28 am

this post is heaven!

Paije — October 8, 2010 @ 9:31 am

This is just ridic. I hope this is what heaven looks like. :D

Jessica@tastyandtrim — October 8, 2010 @ 9:35 am

All of those desserts look heavenly. My favorite chocolate dessert would have to be simple, fresh-baked ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies :)

Joslyn @ missfitbliss — October 8, 2010 @ 9:40 am

I have noticed a lot more veggies in your posts! The chocolate dishes all look ridonkulously good. I’d be hard pressed to find a favorite

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 8, 2010 @ 11:02 am

I would like the brownie pizza. that is all.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — October 8, 2010 @ 11:03 am

turtle cookies? i dont even remember those…they look amazing!

as does all the choc on this post!

veggies, there are plenty of “healthy living blogs” who post more than enough. Choc is a lovely diversion!!!

Kocinera — October 8, 2010 @ 11:04 am

Well, there went all of my healthy eating plans for this week. Goodbye spinach, hello chocolate cobbler.

That stuff looks seriously delicious!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Get Lost In Chocolate. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Roasted Green Bean Fries | How Sweet It Is