Here is a peek at a slice of my closet.

Actually, that is a lie. This is not my closet. This is the closet in one of the guest bedrooms. It is my second closet. And it isn’t really a slice. It is more like a sliver.

I’ve lost count of the amount of shoes I own. But I love them so. They all speak a little bit about me.

These ones tell you that I really like to wear a lot of black.

These ones tell you that I’m really short. 5’1″ to be exact. Oh – and I really like to wear black.

These ones tell you that my closet(s) are truly a disaster zone, because I can’t find this one’s other half. Hoarders here I come.

These ones tell you that I really like bright, tacky colors. Oh, and that I’m really short. And that I like to wear bright colors with black.

And all this post really tells you is that one day, I really will be (just like Carrie Bradshaw) the little old lady who lives in her shoe(s).

79 Responses to “I Have a Problem.”

Lisa @ I'm an Okie — October 25, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

Those are some hot shoes!

I wish I liked buying shoes more–but I just dont. In 7th grade, I ruptured my achilles and had screws put in my heel and now theres a big bump there. Shoes are just a bitch now!

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

Ouch! That sounds incredibly painful.

Erin of Fit Mama Training — October 25, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

Um, love it. Love it, love it, love it. Unless you are enjoying your shoes in the dark bc you didn’t pay your light bill to get a new pair- I’d say this is possibly a problem of being too damn fabulous.

Runeatrepeat — October 25, 2010 @ 1:17 pm

I LOVE the last ones!!!

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

Thanks! My husband actually bought me those ones. He has good taste.

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — October 25, 2010 @ 1:17 pm

They are all so cute!!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — October 25, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

Wow, love that little glimpse of your collection! I looove shoes, but unfortunately my feet are a little hard to fit – firstly, they’re size 9 (10 if I’ve been shopping all day), and one heel sort of sticks out on my right foot more than the left. Weirdo, I know. Nevertheless, I still love shoes and yours look awesome!!

Becca — October 25, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

I dont see how any of this is a problem! Shoes are fantastic!

Julianne — October 25, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

I have the same problem, except I love boots. One of these days I will get around to taking pictures of my shoes to put on the outside of the shoebox.

Jess — October 25, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

Ah I wish I could walk in shoes like that..I’d fall over in a second!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — October 25, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

I love shoes….

Becca — October 25, 2010 @ 1:25 pm

That’s amazing! I can’t wear heels for long – two years of living in London and having to walk everywhere (I hate public transport) has given me flat feet.

Teri [a foodie stays fit] — October 25, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

I LOVE all of those!!! And I really like black too.

I had no idea you were a shorty like me!! I’m 5’1″ too! I always thought you were at least 5’7″! haha!

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

5’7″?! Oh my gosh… lol.

Brooke — October 25, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

Glad I’m not the only person with a giant shoe collection! However, all my shoes are in their own clear Sterilite container with their photo on the front. I too am short (5’2″) and wouldn’t be able to tell which shoes were in which container without the photo! I keep most of mine on the top shelf of our closet. :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — October 25, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

Sigh. One good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) thing about being tall is that it kind of limits the amount of shoes you buy, unless you want to seriously tower over everyone around you. I usually stick to a 2 inch heel MAX, which really limits my choices.

megan @ whatmegansmaking — October 25, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

I LOVE that first pair of shoes! I seriously am not good with shoes. I tend to care way too much about practicality and comfort, and not enough about fashion. My husband agrees…

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — October 25, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

I love shoes too!!! They are so fabulous! It doesn’t matter how much weight you gain…..your shoes still fit! :)

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 7:49 pm

See, I’ve heard otherwise. I’ve heard that when you’re pregnant your feet grow. Which may be the (ONLY) one reason I’m not pregnant yet. Maybe. Just sayin’.

• Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — October 26th, 2010 @ 7:08 am

I’ve actually heard that your feet do change when you’re pregnant. I got lucky because mine didn’t. You never know…give it a shot! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — October 25, 2010 @ 1:38 pm

girl, i would TOWER over the world if i had shoes that tall.

oh, and i also like to wear a lot of black :)

Melissa — October 25, 2010 @ 1:40 pm

Oh my goodness! I am literally SALIVATING at the sight of those beautiful shoes! I am a self-professed shoe fanatic myself, and let me tell you, the more unique, the better! Bring on the stilettos! P.S. I’m 5’1″ too!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — October 25, 2010 @ 1:44 pm

Who doesn’t like to wear TONS of black? It is slimming after all. :) I am also in your boat, coming in at 5’2, high heels are a must! Cute post.

Kacy — October 25, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

Sweetheart, shoes are NEVER a problem :)

Mansee — October 25, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

Oh wow. As much as I love all your food posts, this one really had me drooling. You are my hero!

Kat — October 25, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

I am a HUGE shoe person too! I have a closet full of them and then another closet half full of them and a show rack in the hallway that’s filled with my shoes. I can’t help it but I feel like you need a different pair of shoes for every occasion and then you have to match them and then there’s just the occasional super cute pair that you will die if you don’t own. Woops. I’m already getting away and we’re just talking shoes right now. I’ve been trying to donate the pairs that I don’t wear very often but that hasn’t been going too well. And now that I’m pregnant and my regular clothes don’t fit and looking super cute is becoming a chore not a joy, I’ve focused my time on shoes and bags…the only things I can shop for that I know (or hope) that will still fit me whether I am pregnant or not. Oh and I’m 5’4″ but I am not sure anyone even knows that since I wear heels every single day (even at 7 months pg!). Anyways, I guess what I’m trying to say is that I feel ya. :) And I love shoes.

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 7:48 pm

I couldn’t have said it better myself – a different pair of shoes for every occasion! You are my new best friend.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — October 25, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

Who cares, with shoes like that…it would be worth it! I LOVE shoes. I was so meant to have money for my shoe fetish!

mags — October 25, 2010 @ 2:01 pm

I really envy people who can walk in shoes with that high of heel. I’d be flat on my face with the very first step, which of course would happen in the shoe store and I’d make a spectacle of myself when the EMS showed up.

I collect pillows instead. Much safer (but take up WAY more closet space.)

Angela @ A Healthy Fit — October 25, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

My shoe closet would definitely rival yours! I love the Carlos Santana shoes! I have one really awesome leopard print pair. Grrrrr.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 25, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

omg I love shoes too and bright colors!!! I want to play in your closet!

Meaghen — October 25, 2010 @ 2:32 pm

I’m 5’1″ too and love big heels! You wear your height well (is that even a saying?). You don’t look that short in your pictures at all! Very jealous of that shoe collection too!

Jessie K — October 25, 2010 @ 2:35 pm

Life is too short to wear ugly shoes…

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 7:48 pm

Amen sista.

Natalie — October 25, 2010 @ 2:46 pm

Love love love all of your shoes! I also love dressing in black too – it’s my favorite color to wear, along with grays and neutral shades. Some say it’s boring but it’s the easiest for me to work with!

Sues — October 25, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

Lots of times when I read your blog, I drool over your food. Now I’m drooling over your closet!! I have a problem too, but sadly I live in a little apartment with only one bedroom closet I must share with the bf. Grrr!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — October 25, 2010 @ 3:11 pm

Haha! Jeans are my weakness. I have too many pairs of jeans. I think that is one of my favorite parts of post pregnancy – getting the chance to “shop” in my closet full of jeans. :D

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — October 25, 2010 @ 3:20 pm

It’s really too bad you wear a 7 and I wear a 9…we could have a shoe swap!

Chrissy — October 25, 2010 @ 3:20 pm

I kinda thought you were joking about the shoes.

I’m 5’10. It’s interesting how a shoe can look adorable in the displayed size 6, and like an ocean liner when you pull out a size 10.

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 7:47 pm

This made me howl out loud.

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger — October 25, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

Shorties unite! I’ve got 1/2″ on ya, though HAHA!

Love, Love, Luuuurve the shoes! I love “fun heels” as I call them. I have lots of vibrant heels in fun colors, some with bows and feathers and sparkles, oh my! My hubby loves when I wear them, because let’s face it- heels are HOT! (And, as you know, we need all the help we can get in the “short” department;)

Mellissa — October 25, 2010 @ 4:09 pm

I have a 150 pairs of shoes problem!

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 7:47 pm

And this is why I love you.

Liz @ LBBakes — October 25, 2010 @ 4:12 pm

Oh, I’m jealous. My beat up running feet would scream at me if I put my foot in that second pair. They’re beautiful though.

Wei-Wei — October 25, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

Niiiiiice shoes! Love the heels. Very sexy.

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — October 25, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

You are so funny! And I love all those shoes! I am only 5’2″ myself!

Jihane (Sinful Sundays) — October 25, 2010 @ 6:14 pm

Those second black shoes are FIRE! i need to find them ASAP!

• Jessica — October 25th, 2010 @ 7:46 pm

The are from Bebe 2007! Maybe try Ebay?

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — October 25, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

I’m obsessed with the brightly colored ones. I’d totally wear them with black too. I’m a shoe hoarder as well, though I don’t think either of us have anything on my mom…that woman is crazy obsessed.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — October 25, 2010 @ 7:35 pm

Whoa sister! You DO have a problem. I like shoes as much as the next girl but I usually wear about seven pairs and if I have more then they just collect dust. haha

Amy — October 25, 2010 @ 7:38 pm

I love those colorful strappy ones!! I’d never be able to walk in them though. Very cool.

Kocinera — October 25, 2010 @ 7:48 pm

I see some Carlos Santana shoes in there! I looove that brand! My favorite pair of strappy sandals are Santanas that I bought while on vacation in Florida over four years ago. Not only have they held up great, but they work beautifully with so many different outfits.

I had been trying to save some money, but now you’ve inspired me to go shoe shopping! :D

Ravenous Rowie — October 25, 2010 @ 7:54 pm

Ha! Love this post! So glad to see that I’m not the only one with a shameful collection of very cute but unnecessary shoes! I’m totally jealous of your 2 closets though! Oh, and you have GREAT taste in shoes! *love!*

Kimber — October 25, 2010 @ 8:26 pm

i love you for loving shoes! keep probleming away!

Candice @ ChiaSeedMe — October 25, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

I love that first pair – so classy!

I thought I had a lot of shoes, but I think you’ve outdone me!

Janae Jacobs — October 25, 2010 @ 9:20 pm

OOH! I am so jealous of your shoe collection and the fact that you get to wear hills. My husband is only half an inch taller than me ha!

Taylor — October 25, 2010 @ 9:32 pm

I have the same problem…except mine is in brown! I wear brown in every shade, way too much!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — October 25, 2010 @ 10:08 pm

I envy all people who can walk with heels that high!!! gorgeous shoes, for some reason I especially like the bright and colourful ones :D

MelissaNibbles — October 26, 2010 @ 1:33 am

I wish I could wear heels like that! They hurt my back though :(
    I love the first pair. They’re very vintagey and totally my style.

signorina — October 26, 2010 @ 2:49 am

Wow, these are great shoes!
    I am also a big shoe lover and actually your post reminds me, that I haven’t bought any shoes lately… That is a problem! ;) (But I also have the same problem with shoe storage… ;))

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention I Have a Problem. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Mr. How Sweet: The Enabler. | How Sweet It Is