I know, I know. I just said yesterday that I had been seeing way too much green.

But this is an exception. I’ve had many requests about the roasted green beans we had for Mr. How Sweet’s birthday dinner, so I knew I had to share.

And see, the thing is… they really don’t taste like green beans. They taste nothing like vegetables. They taste more like… french fries. Which would explain why I love them so.

I mean, this isn’t even a recipe. It’s more of a method. Super simple, but super delicious. Would you believe that the evening after eating these, I loved them so much that the next morning I made a batch at 6am before going to work?

Yeah, I didn’t think so. But it was worth a try.

Roasted Green Beans

1 lb fresh green beans

drizzle of olive oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 425.

Add green beans to a bowl and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on them. Mix with your hands to coat each green bean. Lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping once during cooking.

Okay. Enough of the green stuff. Off for a day of non-green indulgence!

84 Responses to “Roasted Green Bean Fries.”

lizzie — July 8, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

just made these. they DO taste like french fries and their f*ckin awesome!!! I will probably make these again tomorrow. thanks :)

marla — August 27, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

Great recipe! Will be linking back to this in my post today :)

Mike — September 3, 2012 @ 8:21 am

I love to over cook my beans in the oven. Makes them nice and crispy.

Natalie — April 29, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

Made these for dinner for my boyfriend over the weekend. He LOVED them…so did I. I could eat veggies all the time if they tasted like this. Thanks for the recipe!

Colleen — September 7, 2013 @ 8:25 pm

I made these green beans with your roast chicken recipe and these were fantastic as well.

Omar Fares — January 9, 2014 @ 5:43 pm

I´ve just made it. Easy and absolutely DELICIOUS!! You made a brazilian happy. Thank youuuuuu!!!

Bee — February 16, 2014 @ 5:12 am

Can frozen green beans be used?

1. Pingback: Need a break? Escape with a crepe! « Whole Wheat or Bust!

2. Pingback: My Ribs Are Short. | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Peanut Butter Fingers » One Last Romp

4. Pingback: One Week « Hungry Dancer

5. Pingback: Meatless Monday Fail and a Week Without Running | healthycollegegirl

6. Pingback: What’s for Dinner? 6 Weeks of Ideas

7. Pingback: Hungry Friday « Corrie Anne

8. Pingback: WIAW | Eating like a horse

9. Pingback: Roasted Potato Salad | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: make ahead meals « Hello, I Love You

11. Pingback: Food in Season | Nourish

12. Pingback: For the love of kimchi Pt.2 « savourytraveller

13. Pingback: Recipe Purge! «

14. Pingback: Gluten Free Menu Plan – Week of February 13 | Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom

15. Pingback: Cheese Burgers Please! | Twospicey.com

16. Pingback: Friday Favorites 2/24 | Angel's Homestead

17. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | How Sweet It Is

18. Pingback: Let’s Roll! « Lindsey Bakes Alaska

19. Pingback: 100 Healthy, Delicious and Easy Lunchbox Snack Ideas on FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking

20. Pingback: Green Bean Bacon Bundles | How Sweet It Is

21. Pingback: SuperBowl Sunday | klerebearsweets

22. Pingback: TodaysMama.com - 100 New Lunchbox Ideas To Try

23. Pingback: Red Wine Marinated Flank Steak with Cherry Tomato Caprese Salsa | How Sweet It Is