I don’t have much to say about these, except that I made them at 7:17 this morning. I came across the recipe and just about lost my… stuff. Nothing has ever lit a fire under my rear, except maybe the promise of free shoes, free wine and free bacon in the same place.

I followed the recipe, except I subbed butter for Earth Balance. Really, at 7:00 am I was not going to run to the store. These needed to be made immediately. I’m happy to report that it worked perfectly, so if you only have butter on hand, it works!

But good luck getting the dough from the bowl to the oven without it sneaking into your mouth.

I’d show you the oooey, gooey, chewy, chocolate-y inside, but I’m afraid you’ll die. Just go make them now.

I can’t wait for Mr. How Sweet to get home from work and try these. Hopefully there will be some left.

The good news? They serve as a delicious pre-workout snack. The bad news? I was too consumed in dough balls to go to the gym. I’m pretty sure they cancel each other out though. I did dough ball curls instead.

71 Responses to “Blog Inspired: Dough Balls.”

megan @ whatmegansmaking — November 10, 2010 @ 1:08 pm

oh my gosh. Were these just posted? I read Mama Pea’s blog every day! (although not today yet – that’s probably how I missed them!) I want to make them immediately!

joee — November 10, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

Where is the reciepe?? these look so good. i want to try them! I always love reading you blog btw. you make me chuckle! :)

Becca — November 10, 2010 @ 1:11 pm

I definitly will be picking up these ingredients instead of practical things like eggs and milk tonight at hte store. YUM!

allison @ livingoneday — November 10, 2010 @ 1:11 pm

holy cow i die. i NEED to make them tonight, and i dont think the boyfriend will mind

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 10, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

What you must do now is make the ones from Joy the Baker, which don’t get baked at all, and compare.

In fact, I believe an entire party could be themed around those two concepts. Battle of the Dough Balls.

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

I actually had made my own cookie dough truffles last Christmas that are similar to Joy’s. They are both so good! I couldn’t choose. But these ones are more like an actual cookie ball, not raw dough.

• Victoria (District Chocoholic) — November 10th, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

It must be like what mothers say about their children. “I love them in different ways, but I love them both just as much.”

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — November 10, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Yum! Read this recipe this morning too and was thinking how fabulous they’d be for breakfast…!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — November 10, 2010 @ 1:15 pm

Definitely cancels each other out! You should just do walking lunges into the kitchen to get more! Really, its a win, win!

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

Lunges to get to the cookies, curls once I have them. You’re on to something.

janae @hungryrunnergirl.com — November 10, 2010 @ 1:15 pm

Why do I have to be at school when I saw this post….I might have to leave early to make these because they look so good!

Tracy — November 10, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

YUM! I’m pretty sure half of this dough wouldn’t even make it to the oven!

Kacy — November 10, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

Dear me, I feel faint. Those are my dream come true. I looove dough. Love.

Abby — November 10, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

This is so funny! I went out on my lunch to get the ingredients for these!!!! I can’t wait to make them!

Mama Pea — November 10, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

Oh I’m so glad you loved them as much as I did! Except I am still sick from eating far too many.

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 1:29 pm

I actually felt sick earlier after pounding my 6th one. I’m taking a ball break.

• Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 10th, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

i made brownies with no-bake cookie dough topping the other day, i ate so much cookie dough, i felt a little sick myself!

• Taryn — November 10th, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

I made them this morning too, I also used butter! (props to Mama Pea) But mine were dry…they taste amazing, but turned out really crumbly. I’ll try again, I’m sure way too soon! ;-)

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

I actually baked mine for only 6-8 minutes. I did that because my oven has a mind of it’s own and I didn’t want to ruin them. But maybe with the butter you need to bake them for a shorter amount of time? I honestly am not sure, I’ve never worked with Earth Balance in baking.

Jennifer@Jane Deere — November 10, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Wow! These look yummy!

Ashley — November 10, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

I’ll be drooling until I receive MP’s package of these in the mail…your photos really captured the doughyness! YUM.

Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 10, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

ok now i am definitely making them, i can’t wait!!! glad it works just as well (maybe better?!) with butter instead of earth balance

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

It worked fine for me, though I didn’t taste any with Earth Balance, so I can’t say if it’s better!

Marisa @Loser for Life — November 10, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

I saw these on MP’s site. I drooled. I’m drooling again. I want, but sadly already have a giant dough ball that can’t seem to detach itself from the back of me. :)

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

LOL!

Chicago Cuisine Critique — November 10, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

Yum, these look awesome!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 10, 2010 @ 2:03 pm

OMG…. want these now!! ideally, crumbled up and mixed in with some vanilla bean ice cream.. mmmmm! :)

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — November 10, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

I just baked cookies!! Oh man, now I will have to bake more!!

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — November 10, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

Dough ball curls sound perfectly reasonable.

Heather — November 10, 2010 @ 2:33 pm

um, dough ball curls totally count. that’s what i’m counting anyway… ;)

Shanna — November 10, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

Drool and slurp! These need to get in muh belly!

Maren — November 10, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

I HAVE to make these as soon as I have time. I saw them on a million blogs over the weekend and then yesterday when mama pea re-created them. And now when you re-re-created them! It’s obviously a sign ;)

Page @ Good Clean Fun — November 10, 2010 @ 3:24 pm

holy yum! as i commented to mama pea, now i just need the toffee chocolate balls replicated. these seem to be one of the big things we missed at foodbuzz last weekend.

Marci — November 10, 2010 @ 4:05 pm

I am making them right now with margarine, but I added about 1/4 C water to the final dough. It was really sandy and when I rolled into balls, it crumbled. But the water fixed it. Did you notice that?

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

Mine wasn’t sandy or crumbly! I refrigerated it for 30 minutes and scooped it with an ice cream scooper, and plopped them down. Are you using the Earth Balance or a different margarine? Regular margarine does have a different texture than butter.

• Marci — November 10th, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

I used Fleishman’s butter. That was the only difference, but with the water they turned out yummy.

• Jessica — November 10th, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

Glad they worked out! I would hate for you to miss out on this deliciousness.

• Marie — November 10th, 2010 @ 7:44 pm

Mine came out the same way and I used real butter. I am not sure where I went wrong. It tasted amazing, although it took awhile as I had to form the balls together since it was like sand. :(

• Marie — November 10th, 2010 @ 11:06 pm

LOL, I was an idiot and miscalculated the peanut butter since I measured it using a scale. Turns out, I was 1/4c under. I will have to make another batch tomorrow and will try adding a bit of liquid, if it is still dry.

• Shauna — November 10th, 2010 @ 9:06 pm

Mine were crumbly too but I thought nothing of it and added a splash of milk to pull it together. They came out great :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — November 10, 2010 @ 4:20 pm

I’m pretty sure I about died when I saw this on Mama’s website this morning. HOly cow!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — November 10, 2010 @ 4:44 pm

I love chocolate chip cookies, but I love the dough even more!

Kylie @ A Hungry Spoon — November 10, 2010 @ 6:15 pm

Yikes they look awesome! I’m impressed that you were able to make them at 7:00am and save them for Mr. How Sweet..I’m not sure they would have lasted sitting with me all day :)

Steph — November 10, 2010 @ 8:24 pm

you AND mamapea?!! Now i HAVE to make these this weekend!!
    bahhh! they are taking over my thoughts!

WenDee Riffe — November 10, 2010 @ 8:30 pm

what in this world are you doing to me!!! i cant stand all these good things~~i have gotta try them!!!! how do you stay so slim and trim and eat the way you do!!!???LOL!!!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — November 10, 2010 @ 10:22 pm

Drool. I want many of these.

I’ll have to figure a way to do them glutenfree.

Angela Duffy — November 10, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

How funny, I read her post at 7:50 this morning and could think of nothing better than skipping the gym and eating cookie dough all day. Unfortunately my day sort of got away from me. First thing in the morning sounds like a good plan though.

maya — November 11, 2010 @ 4:14 am

Looks SO good. Did you keep the butter cold, or was it at room temperature?

• Jessica — November 11th, 2010 @ 4:43 am

Room temperature.

Amanda — November 11, 2010 @ 6:06 am

*total sucker for dough*

Its too early for this. NOw my whole day is shot cause I gotta go to the grocery store. ;)

Kim in MD — November 11, 2010 @ 6:07 am

Dough ball curls! Ha!ha! Seriously though, they look amazing! I am off to get the recipe right now…

Oh- did Mr. How Sweet get to try them last night? ;-)

• Jessica — November 11th, 2010 @ 7:10 am

Yes! He loved them.

CaSaundra — November 11, 2010 @ 6:47 am

You have the best sense of humor-your posts always make me literally laugh out loud :-)

Erica — November 11, 2010 @ 6:53 am

I wish I could eat one of these right now :)

the blissful baker — November 11, 2010 @ 7:15 am

oh my gosh, i’m dying for one of those right now! they look amazing!

Chrissy — November 11, 2010 @ 7:54 am

I find the name of the recipe very amusing. I’m apparently still 13 years old.

• Jessica — November 11th, 2010 @ 7:55 am

I think we all secretly do the same. ;)

MelissaNibbles — November 11, 2010 @ 9:05 am

Of course you had balls on your mind first thing in the morning.

Alyssa — November 11, 2010 @ 10:52 am

Pb and chocolate together in a cookie?! Oh man, I need to make these asap…

Katie — November 11, 2010 @ 11:51 am

Hahaha, “dough ball curls” – I almost spit my water on my computer when I read that. I love your philosophy. I’m also really sad that gooey, doughy things have lost their appeal to me as of late (since being knocked-up). I hope my hankering for the goodness comes back soon!

• Jessica — November 11th, 2010 @ 11:53 am

Wow. So do I.

Lauren — November 11, 2010 @ 2:22 pm

I made these today and was disappointed! The picture is what sold me…and I thought they’d be really soft…but they were more gritty. :(

You know what though? Maybe I’m just biased…I think I only like your recipes!

• Jessica — November 11th, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

So sorry they didn’t work out! Did you use powdered sugar? I’m not sure what would cause them to be gritty!

• Lauren — November 11th, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

I did! I don’t know what I did wrong! Boo!
        The raw dough was good though!

Nancy K @ NancysPerfect10 — November 11, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

O M G! These look amazing, must recreate!

Trish — November 13, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

I have a modified version of these in the oven right now! I couldn’t help myself :-)

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — November 13, 2010 @ 7:03 pm

Y.U.M. :)

Christina — January 18, 2014 @ 12:09 pm

Is this recipe anywhere else on the internet? Peas and Thank You’s website is no longer active =( .

1. Pingback: Peas and Thank You Cookbook Giveaway! | How Sweet It Is