It has been a full 2 months since I was at Trader Joe’s. I can’t believe I survived that long! And I love sharing my trips with you, so take a look below at what we grabbed this morning.

Actually, first let me show you what I didn’t buy. I was so tempted to grab these, but instead snapped a pic with my phone to remember to get them next time.

It was an easy choice to leave behind the peppermint + chocolate items, because Mr. How Sweet despises the mint and chocolate combo. And by “easy,” I mean I wept every time I drove my cart past said items. Next time…
I got some of my favorite hummus and chips to snack on.

I’d say these snacks are much better than the ones Mr. How Sweet picked up last weekend, no?
Some delicious cereals.

Easy food for Mr. How Sweet to make when I’m not around.

These don’t even qualify as meals for him. They are more like snacks.
Cheese, since I’m a giant cheese hoarder.

That actually isn’t true. We go through cheese like socks in this house.
Some vegetables, so I can pretend to be healthy while they all die in my crisper drawer.

Some awesome produce.

[organic poms for only $1.49!! this is huge considering the non-organic ones at my grocery store at $3 a pop.]

Some boring, ole’ staples.

Some egg nog that I can’t wait to drink while tree trimming!

Even if every year I buy a carton, drink about 4 ounces and then throw it away.
More snacks for Mr. How Sweet.

I’ll be way too busy to make him homemade ones.
Ecstasy in seed form.

[hello lover.]

These may have been the only reason I trekked it out to TJ’s.
Now I’m enjoying a bowl of Strawberry Yogurt O’s and about to do a little cooking.

We are off to watch the Steeler game with my parents and grandpa, then hopefully returning to finish decorating the poor tree.

77 Responses to “Can I Just Live Inside Trader Joe’s?”

Natalia Baage — November 29, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

I love these shopping trip posts. Great! :)

Sara — November 29, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

Despite the fact that we’re about to move out of state and I am trying not to buy ANYTHING ever, I bought that peppermint hot chocolate mix yesterday. Cannot WAIT to try it!

Mollie — November 29, 2010 @ 9:10 pm

I went yesterday and tried a sample of Ginger White Chocolate JoJo’s. YUMMM! You have GOT to try them!

• Jessica — November 29th, 2010 @ 9:14 pm

Those sound amazing!

Rachel — November 30, 2010 @ 1:19 am

“Even if every year I buy a carton, drink about 4 ounces and then throw it away.”

HA I do the exact same thing!

• Suze — October 8th, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE! haha I laughed when I read this. I love egg nog, get so gitty when I see it and only drink 1 glass aaaaand thats it, next thing I know I’m dumping it down the drain.

Vanessa — November 30, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

I think I need to go to a Trader Joe’s rehab facility. I live less than five minutes away from one.. You do the math on how often I’m there. Great food buys and cheap wine! :-)

Mel — December 1, 2010 @ 12:42 am

I LOVE Trader Joe’s. Unfortunately, I cannot enjoy a lot of their packaged products because of traces of shellfish (allergic).

That said, the store saved me from the giant big box anxiety that plagued me every time I went grocery shopping. I always loved the guacamole produce kits, as I seemingly ALWAYS forget one (or more) ingredients when intended to make my own.

jenna — December 1, 2010 @ 1:46 am

i just love love love your blog and TJ’s ;)
    i hope you enjoy reading my blog as well!!
    jenna

Samie — December 7, 2010 @ 2:48 am

Oh my, Trader Joe’s is the place I’m most excited about in my upcoming trip to the US. Well, it’s a close tie between that, Disneyland and NYC. But I think TJ’s is slightly in the lead!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Can I Just Live Inside Trader Joe’s? | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Left Over. | How Sweet It Is