And it sure as heck wasn’t me.

It probably wasn’t Mr. How Sweet either, though I am placing the blame on him since he wanted a big, full meat and potatoes dinner tonight. I was hoping to prepare something lighter in preparation for the feast that will occur at the end of this week, but my man can’t go without his man meals.

Tonight was eerily similar to last Sunday’s dinner:

Crockpot pork with homemade BBQ sauce and tons of shallots, roasted green beans and mashed potatoes… because it is impossible to eat too many mashed taters in one week.

And I had a delicious dessert that I can’t wait to share with you tomorrow. Seriously… it is a sin.

Check out the beautiful November sky we had this evening:

I still can’t believe it is November. This year has just flown by so fast. In the beginning of 2010, I had such high expectations for the year. It ended up being one of the hardest and saddest years of my life, with the sudden death of my grandma and a few other family members, and just other struggles peppered throughout the year.

But as I was driving down the road yesterday, for the first time in so long I just felt utter happiness. Happiness that has now come full circle since I have left my job and am doing what I passionately love.

The rest of the night I did chores I love like starting my grocery lists and my cooking & baking list.

And others, like not cleaning the kitchen, not doing the dishes, and not finishing my laundry that I started 10 hours ago.

Tomorrow, I’m going to start getting out the Christmas decorations for a little more holiday ambiance…

And get ready to put this guy away until next year.

And now I’m going to wrap it up for the evening and cuddle on the couch with Mr. How Sweet. Except he is drooling over Taylor Swift on the AMA’s. Which is kind of creepy, since he is almost old enough to be her dad. Do I need to call Chris Hanson?

37 Responses to “Someone Forgot About Thanksgiving.”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 22, 2010 @ 1:52 am

That last sentence cracked me up! I still can’t believe he stood in line at Target for her CD! Too funny!

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 2:20 am

I’m embarrassed that you remember that… lol.

Becca — November 22, 2010 @ 1:57 am

There is NO doubt that you rule Mr. How Sweet’s universe. You are SO good to him! Incidentally, I still believe that you and I were twins born 10 years apart… there are just too many commonalities to call us soul sisters :-)

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 2:19 am

Aw, you are too sweet! :)

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — November 22, 2010 @ 1:59 am

haha my husband is drooling over Taylor Swift at the AMA’s too!

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 2:19 am

She looks good with those bangs!

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — November 22, 2010 @ 2:00 am

Goodbye little pumpkin! :) Glad you’re feeling happier now. Same thing happened to me when I quit my job! :)

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day — November 22, 2010 @ 2:01 am

Haha! You sense of humor is so similar to that of my Fiance and I. We are perhaps the most un-PC couple ever. I love it.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 2:19 am

Good to know we aren’t alone.

Bethany @ More Fruit Please — November 22, 2010 @ 2:09 am

I was talking to a friend the other day about how 2010 has been a very hard and sad year too. But things seem to be picking up towards at the end now, so hopefully 2011 will be much brighter! Can’t wait to hear about the good stuff – dessert! :-D

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 2:18 am

Here’s to 2011!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — November 22, 2010 @ 2:32 am

Hahaha, Chris Hanson!!! Your pork looks TDF. I gotta make us some of that stat.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — November 22, 2010 @ 2:36 am

Jessica, I am so happy that you are happy with where things are right now! Gosh, I am hoping for that myself soon! Enjoy your night!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 22, 2010 @ 2:50 am

i’m so thankful for YOU and the hope you’ve given me sweetie :)

Wei-Wei — November 22, 2010 @ 3:48 am

I can’t tell if that’s a photo of your crockpot or your dessert!

• Nancy — November 22nd, 2010 @ 4:56 am

Hi! Probably the crockpot. I see onions/shallots!

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

Yep, crockpot!

• Bethany — November 22nd, 2010 @ 3:00 pm

SO, I wanna know how to make that crock pot pork with homemade BBQ sauce……. :)

BTW, made the roasted green beans last week after you wrote about them….SO GOOD!

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

So glad you liked the green beans! Ummm… as for the pork… I just threw some boneless pork short ribs in the crockpot with soy sauce, ketchup, worcestershire, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic and shallots. Didn’t measure – sorry!

• Bethany — November 22nd, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

i never measure for stuff like that either….just curious about the ingredients in your homemade BBQ sauce mainly….think I might try that this weekend! Sounds so good!

• Bethany — November 23rd, 2010 @ 4:23 am

Yum! Thank you!

Liana @ femme fraiche — November 22, 2010 @ 10:01 am

Beautiful sky photos…and you’re little pumpkin is so pretty:)

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 12:11 pm

Thank you!

Lauren @ Once Upon a Brewhouse — November 22, 2010 @ 11:24 am

Loved the grocery list and wanted to inquire about it previously. Do you head into the store with a plan or does inspiration just strike amid the produce section. The beet from the “Juice Me” post made me wonder, was it planned or did you pick it up and say, “What the hell, I’ll figure out something”. I wish I had all those gorgeous colors in my crisper! Cheers!

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 12:11 pm

I ALWAYS go with a list, because if I don’t I end up buying a ton of stuff I don’t need. Regardless, I still end up with a few things in the cart that aren’t on the list. As for the beet, I had decided I wanted to try juicing one, and it just so happened that I wasn’t feeling well last week – so that just kind of worked out.

CaSaundra — November 22, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

Can’t wait to see how you decorate for the holidays!!

allison @ thesundayflog — November 22, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

awhhh, this made me tear up a bit. i, too, cannot believe it is almost the end of november. i am constantly worrying about how my life is flying by, so i know exactly what you mean. so so happy to hear you are truly happy with your decisions. i cant wait to see what you do in 2011 :)

Kim in MD — November 22, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

What a sweet post, Jessica! Taylor Swift did look beautiful last night…and much more mature/polished with her hair straightened and pulled back! But don’t worry, I’m sure Mr. How Sweet only has eyes for you! :-)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — November 22, 2010 @ 2:57 pm

making my grocery list and meal ‘plans’ are definitely my favorite chore……I wouldn’t even call it a chore. It’s more like a hobby.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

Me too! I love making lists.

Rebecca - Thru Thin and Thick — November 22, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

The year did fly by and like yours, was filled with sadness back in May, however things are picking up and like you, I’ve felt utter contentment since I ‘left’ my job in September!

I just mapped out my baking list and should be starting this weekend. If the kitchen is done by then!

Most of my cookies are German but I’ll be adding a few new American one’s this year!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — November 22, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

This year really has flown by! I can’t believe we’re approaching the end of the year. Hopefully 2011 will be a great year for you!

Kacy — November 22, 2010 @ 6:11 pm

This year flew by SO fast. It’s almost DECEMBER! Woah. I can’t wait to decorate for Christmas. Going to start at the end of this week!

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — November 22, 2010 @ 11:19 pm

What a beautiful photo! This year really did fly by! Enjoy Thanksgiving – and I agree, you can’t have too many smashed potatoes in one week!

Trish — November 23, 2010 @ 6:59 am

Beautiful colors in your sunset photos. I lost my grandma, too, this year. I miss her so much. I took her for granted, thinking she’d always be around. Glad to hear you are in a happy place now :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Someone Forgot About Thanksgiving. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com