Go put on your stretchy pants.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I howsweeteats.com

Seriously. Do it now.
Some days, I find that certain recipes speak to me. Better-Than-Crack-Brownies, Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles, Cake Batter Bark… those things excite me. This only has happened a handful of times and when I find or create a delicious recipe that I am so passionate about, I can hardly wait to share it with all of you. After all, these recipes wouldn’t be as much fun without you.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I howsweeteats.com

This is the situation I found myself in late Monday evening. Sometimes, the best recipes come from you. Never hesitate to tell me about them! A reader, Amber, emailed me to share this delicious recipe. I nearly fell off my chair.

Or the couch from which I was laying on after eating 16 snickerdoodles. It happens.
I couldn’t wait to make it. In fact, I nearly got my rump off the couch and whipped it up at 10:00 pm. But then I remembered that I would want to photograph this amazing creation. And then I also remembered that I would be left all by my lonesome with this dip. It would be close to midnight. I would be in sweatpants. I would eat until my heart was content. I would never fall sleep. I would want to face-plant into cookie dough dip.
I decided to wait.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I howsweeteats.com

You can only imagine what I did first thing yesterday morning. I don’t even think I’ve bounded out of bed like that for freshly fried bacon.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I howsweeteats.com

So let’s hit all the major points:

1. Super simple (and fast!) to make? Check.

2. Easy enough that you most likely have the ingredients in your house right now? Check. (hint, hint… breakfast!)

3. Freakishly delicious and pants-popping? Double check.
I served it with animal crackers, but for the last 36 hours all I’ve been thinking about are more delectable dippers that would be fabulous. Graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, juicy apples, salty pretzels, homemade cookies, cinnamon sugar pita chips… the list goes on and on. Pick your poison.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I howsweeteats.com

Or you can do dirty things like eat it with a spoon.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I howsweeteats.com

Cookie Dough Dip

makes about 1 1/2 cups

1/2 cup butter

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cups chocolate chips

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble. Set aside to cool, and whisk in vanilla.

Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar for 60 seconds. With mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. I added the chocolate chips at this time so the mixer could break them up into pieces. You can so that, or just fold in the chocolate chips.

Garnish with additional chopped chocolate. Serves with fruit, cookies, crackers, pretzels or a spoon.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip I howsweeteats.com

Oh! I almost left out the most important piece of the recipe that Amber shared. Cookie dough dip “has zero calories when eaten with friends.”

I think I love this girl.

390 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip.”

Kim — November 29, 2011 @ 5:44 pm

Tried the original recipe and it was way too cream cheesy. Loved the idea though and refused to give up on lessening the cream cheese love.
    Final take:

change to dark brown sugar up the amount to 1cup
    add 1 container of cool whip
    up the powdered sugar to 1-1/2 c
    up the vanilla to 2-3 tsp.
    Much closer to actual ccc dough. Also much closer to putting you into a diabetic coma, but at least you’ll go happy.

Thanks for posting!!

• breezy — February 7th, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

I also thought it was way to cream cheesy- ick. I added pb and it made it more bearable…but I want to try your recipe above :) thx!

• Kay — February 8th, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

AWESOME idea, I didn’t like the first batch, so I’ll have to try your recipe for sure!

• Ronnie — April 21st, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

Did you use the whip cream instead of the cream cheese or in addition to?

• Kayla — August 21st, 2012 @ 11:44 am

It was WAY too sweet for me like this. I was hoping it would come out tasting more like actual cookie dough but it didn’t. Tasty, and my friends loved it, but WOW sugar.

Jo-Lyn's Cup Cakes N' Candies — December 15, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

I have lost 40 pounds (give or take, depending on the day) since june, and I am going to gain them all back since I have been reading blogs like yours! That and since I started (in the process of) a cupcake/candy business!! Love your blog, added you to my reader! :) Blessings…

Ana — January 16, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

we made this for a party on Friday night and everyone loved it!

bonnie — January 28, 2012 @ 8:10 pm

yummy

Sarah P — February 1, 2012 @ 3:12 pm

I just saw this recipe listed on Tasty Kitchen and HAD to say how happy I am that you created this dip. I want to make it RIGHT NOW, except for the fact that I’m sitting in my office at work! Needless to say, I’m pregnant and the only thing you want when you’re pregnant is what you can’t have, cookie dough included. I’m so excited to try this out and get my cookie dough fix :) LOVE!!!!

Shannon — February 11, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

I mix this with vanilla ice cream & graham crackers a la Coldstone. Delish!

Pam Sharp — April 3, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

OMG!!! I made this today and have never in my life tasted anything as yummy as this cookie dough dip. Made it with my 8 year old granddaughter on spring break. We both loved loved this. But have to make a much bigger batch, because not to much left over to share with mom and dad. Thanks so much.

Chelsea — April 9, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

Tomorrow’s my birthday and I wanted something festive to share with my friends but not something that’ll take me ages to whip up (it is my birthday after all). In other words, you’ve saved my life. This looks freakin’ delicious & I’m pumped it comes together so easily.

Requisite birthday sugar has been found, thanks!

Shelly — May 24, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

This was beyond delicious! A super hit at my book club! Served it with fruit and also “flipside” crackers.

Hannah — June 20, 2012 @ 9:25 am

Hi Jessica!
    I am seventeen and I just have to say that your recipes are all so fantastic! I have tried 4 or 5 of them now and they have all worked out perfectly! They are a big hit with everyone, particularly with my fiance- lucky he has such a great metabolism ;) I’ve just finished making the cookie dough dip for tomorrow, and it tastes incredible. I had to put the bowl in the fridge before I ate it all myself!

Amanda G. — July 23, 2012 @ 9:46 am

I agree with others, it tastes more like chocolate chip cheesecake dip than chocolate chip cookie dough dip…very good with animal crackers, just not exactly what I was expecting!

Jen — September 3, 2012 @ 6:06 am

woah nice photography :D + nice receipe :D

Jenny — October 26, 2012 @ 11:58 am

This looks unbelievably yummy! Can’t wait to try!

Jenna Beddick — November 5, 2012 @ 10:51 pm

Coach jess! It’s Jenna from GCC Cheerleading (2007?) StumbleUpon.com just randomly took me to one of the recipes on your website and I felt proud to have known a famous person haha just wanted to tell you your blog is amazing and a main source of my recipes. I love them all :)

Amy — January 9, 2013 @ 4:59 pm

While looking for foods to make for a new year’s eve party in 2012, I remembered this recipe and am so glad I did! It was a huge hit and was gobbled up quickly -I served it with apple slices and pretzels.

maria — January 19, 2013 @ 1:17 pm

I’m not sure why but mine turned out really gooey….in like, a bad way. I ended up adding almost a cup of flour and that fixed the problem!

Sarah E — March 27, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

I had a craving for something sweet one night and made this. It is perfection. I loved it! I dipped Teddy Grahams in it :) Thank you for sharing!

Mary Frances — March 30, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

Made this for my daughters birthday and made some changes based on the recomendations. Used 4 oz of cream cheese and a few cups of cool whip. Used 2/3 cup brown sugar and 2/3 cups confection. added a little bit more confection sugar at the end because my daughter was having fun putting it in the bowl :) Served with the chocolate chip teddy grahams and we thought it was really good at both room temp and cold. Will make this again. This was the cream cheese really didn’t stand out too much. .

Fred — July 10, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

So I just made this but I didn’t have any powdered sugar! but it turned out wonderfully. nice texture, too. It probably helped that I used whipped cream cheese, also.

KMetro — January 3, 2014 @ 12:52 pm

I made this, I added just a little more powdered sugar and brown sugar when I made this. I don’t want to share this. My guests will lover it. Thanks for sharing!

Fairyl — February 9, 2014 @ 10:50 pm

This recipe was awesomee!! :D
    I used ferrero rochers as well and since i didnt have enough cream cheese i used a tad bit of flavoured yogurt and it actually turned out pretty good! Thank you for sharing :))

Colleen — July 26, 2014 @ 9:26 pm

I had high hopes for this recipe, but unfortunately it didn’t taste anything like cookie dough. The cream cheese was so overpowering that I had to add another 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar to even make it edible. I definitely won’t be making this recipe again.

1 3 4 5

1. Pingback: Tips for back to back entertaining

2. Pingback: Cookie Dough Desserts! Go Ahead. Lick the Spoon. | Yummly

3. Pingback: Cookie Dip | Feisty Eats

4. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip | Wylde Thyme

6. Pingback: Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | GIF Peanut Butter

7. Pingback: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Pota’Dough Dip! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Bean-free, Soy-free, and optionally Nut-free. — Oh She Glows

8. Pingback: Softball Party Shenanigans

9. Pingback: Odds and Ends « BalancingB

10. Pingback: Cookie Dough Dip « Sweet Mivi

11. Pingback: double chocolate brownie crisps | Diary of a Crazed Cook

12. Pingback: Recipe Face-Off: Cookie Dough Dip | Eating Clean in the Dirty City

13. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | Dixie Chik Cooks

14. Pingback: 5 Easy Super Bowl Party Dips

15. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups

16. Pingback: Two Posts?? « Ramblings of the Culinary Addicted

17. Pingback: Cookies and Cream Dip

18. Pingback: Why? Weekends! | Why CLE?

19. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | BeBetsy

20. Pingback: cookie dough dip | aubergine moon

21. Pingback: Absoluta indulgencia – Dip de Galletas | anacocina

22. Pingback: Cookie Dough Dip | Food Art

23. Pingback: Cookie Dough Dip | Cool Cooking School

24. Pingback: 100 Ways to Eat Cookie Dough - JavaCupcake

25. Pingback: Cookie Dough Dip | Home Chef Decuisine

26. Pingback: What time of the morning is it socially acceptable to eat this… | Charlotte Winchester

27. Pingback: Recipes Network – Easy Cooking Techniques - Best Chocolate Chip Cookie

28. Pingback: Amazing Food - Best Chocolate Chip Cookie