After a dentist appointment, a workout, prepping multiple bowls of dough, another workout of shoveling snow, and a massive bakefest, I only managed to get 4 kinds of cookies in the oven.

I just couldn’t bear standing in front of it any longer!

[soft gingersnaps]

[snickerdoodles!]

[thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies]

[dark chocolate fudge chips]

Oh… and I left some cookies out for Santa.

He had a long day at work.

And then just when I thought I was finished baking… I decided to go for a second, third and fourth round at the snickerdoodles. Since posting the recipe on Saturday, I’ve heard from over 50 of you that have tried it. Some have came out spectacularly, others have failed miserably. I made a double batch this morning and they came out great. But I wanted to attempt to tweak this based on the 1965 recipe and the complaints I’ve gotten. Since the recipe is so old and it doesn’t even say what newspaper it is from, I’m not sure where to begin to find the disconnect. After four tries, I ended up with less flour and more liquid – so I’ve updated/edited the recipe.

And now I don’t even want to see a snickerdoodle again for a very long.

46 Responses to “Finished Products.”

Liz @ LBBakes — December 14, 2010 @ 2:15 am

If you don’t want to see anymore snickerdoodles, I’m your girl. I’ll take care of them!

• Jamie — December 15th, 2010 @ 6:47 pm

I thought mine turned out with bad texture (so I thought) when I made mine sunday. They didn’t spred out for me either like others were saying. But still tasted good. And last night I looked at the cookie jar and decided to give them another chance.. so i ate like umm… 2..(times 20) woops! I was like no no you know what I think this is how snickerdoodles are suppose to come out, crust on the outside and soft on the inside! I definately have puffy finger today.. crap..

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 14, 2010 @ 2:19 am

<3 snickerdoodles!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — December 14, 2010 @ 2:19 am

Those are on my baking list for tomorrow night, so I’m glad that I ran out of time and waited for the perfected recipe- muahahaha!

christy j — December 14, 2010 @ 2:20 am

Wowza! That is a LOT of cookies you made!! I am hoping to have a similar day soon!! Need to get some holiday baking done!

And I also would be more than willing to take some of those wonderful snickerdoodles off your hands :D

Katie — December 14, 2010 @ 2:20 am

Oh my cookies! Can I come over with a gallon of milk??

• Jessica — December 14th, 2010 @ 2:32 am

Yes please! But make it vanilla. I don’t like regular milk.

Corey @ the runners cookie — December 14, 2010 @ 2:27 am

Oh my goodness, you are dedicated! Weird how minor changes in recipes/ovens/etc can make a big difference in the final product. Hope you are resting and recovering from your baking marathon!

Jen — December 14, 2010 @ 2:28 am

I made the snickerdoodles this weekend too! I think I left them in a minute or two longer than I should have because they weren’t as soft as I was expecting BUT they tasted great. I also made the mojito tilapia taco bites tonight and they were delicious! Great recipes – thank you!!

• Jessica — December 14th, 2010 @ 2:31 am

So glad you liked both. Thank YOU!

Jacquie — December 14, 2010 @ 2:29 am

I will so take some of those snickerdoodles off your hands. You know where to find me ;)

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — December 14, 2010 @ 2:33 am

I went crazy in the kitchen this weekend, its so fun but I’m done eating cookies…for now. I need to try these snickerdoodles now!

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — December 14, 2010 @ 2:39 am

I feel like this is the kind of thing that could either make me greatly appreciate cookies or NEVER want to eat one again.

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 14, 2010 @ 2:42 am

I had a baking day of own, but on a much smaller scale. :)

Rachel — December 14, 2010 @ 2:46 am

YAY! I have been wanting a new snickerdoodle recipe! The one I have is too floury. Can’t wait to try them!

Ravenous Rowie — December 14, 2010 @ 3:17 am

You made TONS of cookies! Sounds festive! Bet you have lots of new friends now too!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — December 14, 2010 @ 3:21 am

Oh my cookies. That’s a TON of cookies!!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — December 14, 2010 @ 3:23 am

I’m officially naming you Cookie Queen! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 14, 2010 @ 3:24 am

Wow big time email critiques of the cookie recipe it sounds like. nothing like “practice makes perfect”. At least your house smelled great the past few days, no doubt!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — December 14, 2010 @ 3:25 am

Wow . . . that is a lot of cookies.

Alaina — December 14, 2010 @ 3:29 am

Snickerdoodles were my first successful cookie that I baked! They came out so fluffy. :-P

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 14, 2010 @ 3:41 am

Wow– that is a boatload of baked goods!!!! Feel free to send some to Altoona :-)

Steph@stephsbitebybite — December 14, 2010 @ 4:01 am

I can totally lend you my tummy if you’re looking for some place to store all those cookies!!

Kristina @ spabettie — December 14, 2010 @ 4:01 am

you’re making these for BINGO, aren’t you ??? ;)

Wei-Wei — December 14, 2010 @ 4:13 am

I’m gonna make the snickerdoodles later – CANNOT WAIT.

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — December 14, 2010 @ 4:35 am

Would you like me to send you some Snickerdoodles? You can also send your dirty dishes and I will return them clean ;)

Lauren at KeepItSweet — December 14, 2010 @ 5:42 am

can i come over to your place?!

Heather — December 14, 2010 @ 5:51 am

yikes, that’s a LOT of snickerdoodles! see also a ton of cookies in general…

Mama Pea — December 14, 2010 @ 5:58 am

You are so dedicated it astounds me. If people tell me my recipe didn’t turn out, I blame it on their oven. :)

the blissful baker — December 14, 2010 @ 1:11 pm

i don’t want another snickerdoodle for a long time either, though i didn’t make as many batches as you did! i made two batches within two days and that was plenty for me!

Pixie — December 14, 2010 @ 1:59 pm

It’s only 9 am and after looking at all your pictures I really want some cookies. They look wonderful!

Jenn from Much to My Delight — December 14, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

Wow! That is a ton of cookies? What did you do with all of them? Are you feeding your neighborhood?

• Jessica — December 14th, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

We will take them to parties all through the holiday season.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — December 14, 2010 @ 2:57 pm

So many cookies!! I bet it was fun making them all :)

Kacy — December 14, 2010 @ 3:01 pm

Cookie overload! I would be cracked out to the max if I were in your house right now. I can’t say no to cookies.

Ken Topham — December 14, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

I survived the weekend of making 5 cakes and was planning to do cookies till I saw this post…… LOL…. yes our poor Kitchenaids…. something about that flour billowing up into the atmosphere….

CaSaundra — December 15, 2010 @ 2:08 pm

Wow–I would’ve loved to be in your kitchen lately…yum! :-)

Soo — December 15, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

Made the snickerdoodles for a cookie exchange–they were a hit! :)

Thanks, Mrs. Sweet!

• Jessica — December 15th, 2010 @ 2:51 pm

Awesome!

Torrie @ a place to share... — January 6, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

I am finnnnnnally going through my reader, and getting caught up!! Next year, I’ll HAVE to carve out more time for blog reading!!

This is bringing back memories of those DELICIOUS cookies! :)

Blog is the New black — November 30, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

Jessica- what is the original recipe (i.e., unedited?) I made these before without the edits and LOVED them- they were perfect! I just made a batch and they all spread out?! I’m thinking the original recipe was the one I used/printed?! I’m confused and can’t figure out what the actual difference is or where it is… thanks! :)

1. Pingback: Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention Finished Products. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com