Mr. How Sweet and I went on a little date tonight…

To the best place ever.

This week has been so much fun and so eventful! We actually went out on a school week night for the second time in a week. We headed to Crate and Barrel to check out the sales and pick up a few things that Mr. How Sweet had got me singles of for Christmas.

Like these fun turquoise votive and tealight holders.

I also got these in red and purple. Loving the jewel tones!

And we got some crazy gold charger plates with a few fun-colored plates.

And a few more holiday dazzler plates to accompany the ones Mr. How Sweet gave me for Christmas.

Plus some other randoms.

Then we ended up at Capital Grille again… the second day in a row. Sometimes we don’t step foot in a restaurant for months. This marks the third time we’ve eaten out in a week. In fact, I haven’t cooked dinner once this week.

This is what you end up with when you let Mr. How Sweet order: lobster mac and cheese, filet sliders, parmesan truffle fries and calamari.

All delicious (we especially love the calamari – it’s the best!), but for two people who rarely eat fried food, we are hurting. Well… I’m hurting. Mr. How Sweet is eating chocolate gelato from the carton because he claims he is “cleaning out the freezer.”

Okay.

If you need me, I’ll be on the treadmill for the next 3 years.

41 Responses to “Holiday Date Night.”

Heather — December 29, 2010 @ 2:17 am

Looks like a fun date night! That food looks delicious; I’m not surprised you went back two nights in a row!

~Heather from Snacktive

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin — December 29, 2010 @ 2:18 am

Wow the food looks awesome! And I’m the same way – when I indulge with fried foods, my body makes me pay for it. It’s worth it, though.

Rachel — December 29, 2010 @ 2:19 am

So jealous! I wish we had a crate and barrel closer. Love all of your finds. And the dinner sounds delish!

Alexandra — December 29, 2010 @ 2:23 am

Oh heavens, Capital Grille and Crate & Barrel are like the Disney Land for grown ups. Yummm. I have those little turquoise votives… I actually bought one of those and a lime green one and then ended up redecorating my entire bathroom around them.

• Jessica — December 29th, 2010 @ 2:26 am

AHHH! I wanted the lime green ones too. And I am already redecorating around them. Love them!

Camille — December 29, 2010 @ 2:24 am

What fun! I am loving the colors! They are very winter-like :)

Megan — December 29, 2010 @ 2:25 am

I love Crate and Barrel! Bought myself some post Christmas goodies last night ( mixing bowl and and loaf pan!)

Paige @ Running Around Normal — December 29, 2010 @ 2:27 am

Aw you guys are so sweet!! Shane never wants to go on a date on a school night. Kind of a homebody like that.
    I love your candle holders!

Vanessa — December 29, 2010 @ 2:35 am

I heart Crate and Barrel. That last bit about cleaning out the freezer made me laugh!! Men..

Kat — December 29, 2010 @ 2:44 am

I must go to Crate and Barrel now!
    mmm… lobster mac and cheese sounds like the best food ever

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — December 29, 2010 @ 3:07 am

Love Crate & Barrel!! Those fries are calling my name, too… haha

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — December 29, 2010 @ 3:22 am

Girl. We would be deadly together shopping. I live 5 mins from a C & B, Z Gallerie, Williams Son, BB&Beyond, Ikea, Neimans, Nord, it goes on and on and on. I always LOVE the stuff you pick out. I know i could shop for ages with you. Just on house stuff. Not even talking shoes :) or makeup :) The MAC store and me (makeup not computer…well both) are deadly lol.

Twyla — December 29, 2010 @ 3:26 am

WOW, I had no idea C&B was open yet. I hadn’t been over to RPM since summer. Definitely have to schedule a trip over there soon. PS- New to your blog, LOVE it!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — December 29, 2010 @ 3:28 am

What pretties! I can hardly wait to go to Crate and Barrel tomorrow!

However, I’m only allowed to buy a spoon……

chelsea — December 29, 2010 @ 3:44 am

I just found your blog not too long ago and I have to say that I am LOVING it. I love your outlook on food and you seem to have a great balance and it is very inspiring to me.

The Capital Grille is amazing! Their Delmonico steak, calamari, lobster mac & cheese and bread basket are my favorites!! lol. It is definitely a rare treat though! :)

• Jessica — December 29th, 2010 @ 11:21 am

Thanks Chelsea!

Jess — December 29, 2010 @ 3:51 am

Aww, what a fun date night w/ great food!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 29, 2010 @ 4:00 am

Ugggh fried food tummy aches are the WORST! From time to time, I’ll have a few french fries (I mainly don’t eat fried foods because of my gluten intolerance) every once in a while, and I can automatically feel my stomach clench!

Katie — December 29, 2010 @ 4:06 am

Yesssss! I could spend hours and hours and hours at Crate and Barrel. I got a gift card there for Christmas and I can’t wait to use it!

Julie @SavvyEats — December 29, 2010 @ 4:14 am

I wish there was a Crate & Barrel near here.

Though my husband probably doesn’t. He thinks we have more than enough little dishes already…

Clearly, i’m the one who takes food photos in this relationship

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — December 29, 2010 @ 4:28 am

cleaning out the freezer eh? ahahaha! glad you had a fun little date night <3 those are my fav!

janetha @ meals and moves — December 29, 2010 @ 4:37 am

such cute dishes! we are getting a c&b.. i am stoked. what a great dinner! i am the same way.. won’t eat out forever then BAM.. 4 times in a row. looks like you enjoyed your date night!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2010 @ 11:21 am

We JUST got ours. Obsessed!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — December 29, 2010 @ 4:42 am

i loveeee fried food too, but i always regret eating it – i feel so gross afterward!

Alaina — December 29, 2010 @ 5:19 am

I love truffle french fries!! There’s a restaurant in Boston called Miel that has phenomenal fries. :-)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 29, 2010 @ 5:19 am

Date nights to Crate and Barrel are the best! Reminds me of registering for our wedding ;-)

MelissaNibbles — December 29, 2010 @ 9:23 am

The last line made me crack up. You’re too funny!

Pixie — December 29, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

The food looked wonderful. I agree with you though, when I eat fried food, which is rarely, I do feel the weight of it. I need to be on Mr. Sweet it Is fitness plan though, gelato seems more enjoyable then the treadmill.

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — December 29, 2010 @ 2:54 pm

Ugh! I know what you mean. I hardly ever eat fried food, so when I do have some at a party or something I feel terrible! :-?

Kacy — December 29, 2010 @ 2:55 pm

Loooove all the dishes! Beautiful!

I’ve eaten out sooo much since I started dating the new guy. He’s weird about eating home-cooked food. Not ideal.

Kim in MD — December 29, 2010 @ 3:25 pm

Crate and Barrel is one of my favorite stores! :-)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — December 29, 2010 @ 3:38 pm

I love Crate n Barrel. I could live there. I think I actually once threatened the hubs that I would move in there if we didn’t buy something.

Marie Baars — December 29, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

“cleaning out the freezer”

I need to use that excuse next time!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — December 29, 2010 @ 7:15 pm

not to be a total creeper, but if that’s what mr how sweet orders i’ll go to dinner with y’all anytime :)

• Jessica — December 30th, 2010 @ 2:20 am

You are welcome any time!

Heather — December 29, 2010 @ 9:40 pm

They have the best calamari EVER!!!! Hubby won’t touch seafood but that he’ll hoover in a 10.2 seconds flat!

• Jessica — December 30th, 2010 @ 2:17 am

It is seriously SO good.

Kate @ahealthypassion — December 30, 2010 @ 1:14 am

I love crate and barrel I went there a few days ago and got so much cute stuff!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — January 4, 2011 @ 3:48 am

My kind of date! I’m having some serious Crate and Barrel envy now. :)

Maurita Beddo — April 27, 2013 @ 9:35 am

Although electric lighting has phased out candles in many parts of the world, candlesticks and candelabra are still used in some Western countries homes as a decorative element or to add atmosphere on special occasions. Before the proliferation of electricity services, candles were brought into the bedroom using chambersticks, which were shorter than ordinary candleholders and furnished with a wide pan to catch the wax drippings.^

Brand new posting on our own blog page
    <http://www.caramoan.co

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Holiday Date Night. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com