If you follow our What We Ate page, then you know that last week Mr. How Sweet and I had buffalo chicken sandwiches for dinner one night.

Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos I howsweeteats.com

This was a repeat offender, as it was the meal that Mr. How Sweet made for me one Friday night after declaring he wanted to cook dinner. Which never happens… ever. Unless it is ground turkey or eggs.

Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos I howsweeteats.com

Along with this meal comes a homemade blue cheese dressing and a butter + buffalo wing sauce mix. Last time we made it, I put it on everything I could get my hands on, including grilled cheese.

Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos I howsweeteats.com

One day last week, I started thinking how delicious the blue cheese dressing and buffalo sauce would be on crispy chips with melted cheese. So I made a snack.

Four days in a row. Until both the blue cheese dressing and buffalo wing sauce were gone.
The combination was so delicious! I couldn’t wait to make it for Mr. How Sweet, but knew the dish wouldn’t fly unless I used chicken. We had some left over from the chicken we roasted, so you can surely say that this is one hodgepodge of a dish.
Don’t feel compelled to follow the recipe, but I have included one as usual. I urge you to just throw a bunch of chicken, cheeses, buffalo sauce, and scallions on a plate and go to town.

Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos I howsweeteats.com

This time around I baked my tortilla chips, because I think I ate my yearly quota of Tostitos by Friday. The baked ones are incredible and make the perfect vehicle for shoveling cheese, chicken and buffalo wing sauce into your mouth. They aren’t necessary of course.

Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos I howsweeteats.com

And I added some avocado on top for a creamy and cooling factor. I also felt like spending my entire life savings on a bruised avocado that was on it’s last leg. Some women have issues with “saving” men. I have issues with saving food.

Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos I howsweeteats.com

Baked Layered Buffalo Chicken Nachos

8 whole wheat tortillas

4-5 ounces of shredded chicken

1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese

1- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola

1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (or more)

1/4 cup chopped scallions

avocado for garnish

olive oil for spritzing

Preheat the oven to 450.

Cut the tortillas into wedges and spritz with olive oil then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. (You can also skip this step and use tortilla chips.) Once finished, add a layer to the bottom of a baking dish, then top with chicken, cheese, buffalo wing sauce and your other toppings. Continue layering until chips and ingredients are gone. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese melts. Drizzle additional wing sauce over top and garnish with more scallions and avocado.

Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos I howsweeteats.com

I’m full.

134 Responses to “Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos.”

Baking Serendipity — January 31, 2011 @ 4:28 am

Your nachos are drool-worthy! These look so, so good…and like a perfect Super Bowl appetizer! As always, you rock!

Heather from Snacktive — January 31, 2011 @ 4:34 am

Yum!!! Would it be okay if I featured this recipe in a post about Super Bowl appetizers?

• Jessica — January 31st, 2011 @ 11:28 am

Of course! :)

Jun — January 31, 2011 @ 4:36 am

Seriouly mouth watering!

Haley — January 31, 2011 @ 4:44 am

YUM. I just started working 10 hour days and have been searching for recipe ideas that will be quick, easy, and the husband will like. I showed him this one and he is ready to cook it tomorrow!! SUCCESS!! haha

Haley

One Healthy Apple — January 31, 2011 @ 5:13 am

Yum! This is a dish girls and guys would like- perfect for superbowl (it’s all about the food). Love it!

Colleen — January 31, 2011 @ 11:52 am

I’m a Buffalonian who’s been living in Russia for some time and I just found a bottle of Frank’s Red Hot sauce in a Stockman’s the other day and I almost wept. Needless to say, these’ll be getting made!

(And Jessica, your Snickerdoodle recipe has turned me into something of a national hero! I’ve had to make 13 batches in the past few months to appease the masses!)

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — January 31, 2011 @ 4:32 pm

How does Buffalo sauce differ from BarBQ sauce? Is it spicier?

• Jessica — January 31st, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

Yes! BBQ tends to be more smoky and sweet, while Buffalo is spicy. Not very spicy though, it just depends.

Kim in MD — January 31, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Ok, Jessica…you must serve these at your SB party! YUM! I am going to add this to my appetizer menu for the SB…thanks for sharing! :-)

Chevonne — January 31, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

This recipe looks absolutely delicious and I am definitely going to give it a try!

Legally Delish — January 31, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

Oh. My. God.

I want these right now. I’ve actually been staring at them since 9 am. It isn’t helping the cravings.

Yum!

Tracy — February 1, 2011 @ 12:37 am

Just made them…just ate them. Delicious! Thanks for the quick meal idea :)

Kristen@PrettySweet — February 1, 2011 @ 1:03 am

We’ve done BBQ chicken nachos, but I’d love to try this, too! My husband doesn’t like buffalo sauce and blue cheese too terribly much, but I DO. And the addition of avocado is fine indeed.

Shawnabcdefg — February 1, 2011 @ 9:07 am

Once again, I absolutely love that you include a lot of pictures on your post. Most times when I stumble on a recipe I’ll like it specifically because it has a lot of pictures. If not I usually don’t even bother reading it haha. But this dish looks amazing! I think I’ll do without the bleu cheese though. Ick.. Can’t wait to try it out :)

Shawnabcdefg — February 1, 2011 @ 9:08 am

Also, I forgot to mention that I’ve been craving buffalo chicken for like three weeks! So this came along at an excellent time.

Julia Klaucke — February 1, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

Wow, I can’t wait to try this recipe! I’m drooling just looking at the picture and reading the recipe. Haha I too have issues with saving food;)

Alicia — February 1, 2011 @ 7:26 pm

These are mouthwatering! Definitely going to have to make these for dinner one night!

melissa — February 2, 2011 @ 11:26 am

Buffalo chicken ANYTHING is perfect in my book…this is so clever, right down to the baked chips. Love it!

Ann — February 2, 2011 @ 8:29 pm

You have inspired me! I am conquering my fear of raw meat this weekend and roasting a whole chicken. And I am only partly doing it so I can justify making buffalo chicken nachos for the Super Bowl on Sunday.

• Jessica — February 2nd, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

Let me know how it goes :)

• Ann — February 8th, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

Posted about the nachos today, they were amazing!

Jess — February 2, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

I just found you via EatLiveRun… and I am in love with buffalo nachos! With or without chicken!! I literally took pictures of my nachos last night and am going to blog about them this week. heehee. Yours look absolutely fantastic and I am going to try them just as soon as I feel it’s appropriate to eat nachos for dinner again…hmmm…

Tarrah Dame — February 3, 2011 @ 3:06 am

Me and my boyfriend would love these! we devour anything buffalo-chicken! this is definitely going on my list. Thanks for sharing! :)

Rebecca — February 5, 2011 @ 12:38 am

Hi there – I am going to make your nachos for superbowl. Do you buy the buffalo sauce or do you make it?

Thanks for a great blog!!!!

• Jessica — February 5th, 2011 @ 12:47 am

Buy it! I’ve used Frank’s Buffalo Wing (not Red Hot) for years and love it!

Lisa — February 6, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

This was very tasty. I made it as a pre-superbowl dish. Thanks.

The Texas Peach — February 28, 2011 @ 2:33 am

My husband would love these. One of his favorite meals is a Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe that I took & adapted from Rachael Ray. I always use Franks Red Hot Original sauce in it.

Jason — April 19, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Very vibrant pictures you have there. I’m hungry already :p

Country Girl in a City State of Mind — June 26, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

I cooked these last night when I had my Michael Jackson Experience party (yes I’m one of those ppl that have cheesy theme parties). The nachos were a MAJOR HIT!! My friends could not get enough of them. It gave me confirmation to try our more of your recipes on this lovely website. If they like they, they might like candied bacon too. :-D

Nicole — October 10, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

Making these for dinner tonight…can not wait!

KatyHav — February 7, 2012 @ 6:40 am

I’ve been drooling all over this picture from interest for weeks, do you have links to the recipe for the
    homemade blue cheese dressing/ butter + buffalo wing sauce mix? This is a work of art!!!

-Katy

Danielle — July 18, 2012 @ 10:38 pm

This recipe (and the pictures) is literally the reason I’ve convinced my boss that our end of summer semester office party will be nacho themed. After seeing this, she had absolutely no complaints (except to complain about the huge nacho craving she now has), and I’m just sad that summer isn’t ending faster so I can make this!!!

Soooo excited.

Elise — August 6, 2012 @ 3:23 pm

Hey! Love love your blog and your writing! I hope one day (i’m 16 :D) i can write as good as you! All your recipes are D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. and although I don’t like bacon as much as you, we do share a similiar hate for raisins ;) I tried this recipe with barbecue sauce, because i couldn’t find any buffalo sauce and it was really yummy! Keep up your amazing work! (:
    Love from Belgium! -x Elise

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Baked Layered Buffalo Chicken Nachos. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Carbohydrate Friday…on Monday! Oops. « INTERNET THERAPY

3. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Nachos | The Spiffy Cookie

4. Pingback: Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos | Foodbeast Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos | The Premiere Food News Resource

5. Pingback: Best Super Bowl Recipes | recipegirl.com

6. Pingback: Baked Potato Nachos | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: party food from around the web — Eat, Live, Run

8. Pingback: The Idiot’s Guide To Roasting A Chicken « The Bookworm Wife

9. Pingback: Super Bowl Sunday Party Snacks | HIPLIP

10. Pingback: Blog is the New Black » Blog Archive » Buffalo Chicken and Cheese Nachos

11. Pingback: Grilled Nachos Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

12. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Nachos | Bev Cooks

13. Pingback: It’s Na-cho day! | she cooks, he eats

14. Pingback: Layered Baked Louisiana Style Chicken Nachos | she cooks, he eats

15. Pingback: 20 Buffalo Chicken Recipes You Need To Try Right Now | HottestNewsFeed.com

16. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Recipes | How Sweet It Is

17. Pingback: 10 recipes to try this weekend « spill the beans

18. Pingback: The Sussex Review attempts the ultimate Buffalo Challenge | The Sussex Review

19. Pingback: Building a Snackadium + The Best Football Party Food! | Ambitious Kitchen

20. Pingback: Layered Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos « Pure Complex

21. Pingback: my super bowl party. | little lessons in a BIG city

22. Pingback: 50 {More} Buffalo Chicken Inspired Recipes | Café Zupas

23. Pingback: Buffalo Dip {the healthier version} | A Cedar Spoon

24. Pingback: Start your engines!!!! | The Weekly DinerThe Weekly Diner

25. Pingback: Top 10 Buffalo Chicken Recipes | Top 10 Kitchen

26. Pingback: 37 Buffalo Chicken Dishes That Are Better Than Hot Wings : Grandmas Cooking

27. Pingback: 37 Buffalo Chicken Dishes That Are Better Than Hot Wings | Cherry Wired

28. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Dishes that are winning combos | Hipnotic Magazine

29. Pingback: 37 Buffalo Chicken Dishes That Are Better Than Hot Wings - zdouf!

30. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 最新流行フード・北米版!最高に流行る予感!

31. Pingback: 37 Buffalo Chicken Dishes That Are Better Than Hot Wings | TheseNews.com

32. Pingback: 50+ Great Super Bowl Sunday Recipes - Jessiker Bakes | The Blog

33. Pingback: 37 Super Bowl Snacks Better Than Hot Wings | Stash Feed

34. Pingback: 37 Super Bowl Snacks Better Than Hot Wings | Best Ways

35. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 最新流行フード・北米版!最高に流行る予感!

36. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 最新流行フード・北米版!最高に流行る予感!

37. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 美味しい食事レシピ・最新メニュー(^-^)

38. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 最新流行フード・北米版!最高に流行る予感!

39. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 美味しい食事レシピ・最新メニュー(^-^)

40. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 最新流行フード・北米版!最高に流行る予感!

41. Pingback: 熱い翼よりおいしい37のスーパーボウル軽食 | 最新流行フード・北米版!最高に流行る予感!

42. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Dishes that are winning combos | Hipnotic Magazine San Diego

43. Pingback: AMLI Blog: Loving Apartment Living 10 Recipes That Will Make You The MVP Of Any Super Bowl Party - AMLI Blog: Loving Apartment Living