Chocolate french silk pie usually contains raw eggs. And lots and lots of chocolate. And mounds of whipped cream. Mmmm. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Except that whole raw egg thing.

Don’t fear. I’m not sharing pancakes and raw eggs with you today… instead I’m sharing pancakes that taste like french silk pie.

And I owe it all to this little can. Oh, and that cocoa above.

I adore coconut milk. You should too. It’s creamy and delicious.

And if you don’t like coconut? You can’t even taste it in these pancakes. I promise.

Unless you’re some kind of super coconut-tasting sleuth.

Not only are these pancakes simple and quick, they are pretty healthy too.

I topped mine with plain ole’ syrup, but trust me – I wanted to top them with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, vanilla cream glaze, and chocolate chips.

All at once.

Oh, and I gave the pancakes a little sprinkling of cocoa powder.

There is no such thing as too much chocolate.

Creamy and fluffy.

What more could you want from a pancake?

Chocolate French Silk Pancakes

serves 3-4 (about 12 pancakes)

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)

1/4 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2 heaping teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 eggs, well beaten

2 cups lite coconut milk + more if needed to smooth out batter

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Stir together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir until dry ingredients are combined and batter is smooth. Preheat a skillet on medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of batter on skillet and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook until lightly browned.

As you can tell, I really hated these. I won’t be making them for a very long time. Like maybe… Friday?

151 Responses to “Chocolate French Silk Pancakes.”

Meaghan @ ohreillywrites — January 12, 2011 @ 3:25 pm

We’re snowed in this morning and my boyfriend happened to walk downstairs as I was catching up on your blog. When I asked him what he wanted for lunch, he pointed at your pancakes on the screen and said …”what is that? Can I have that? I’ll do all the shoveling today?”

Laurab @ foodsnobstl — January 12, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

To. Die. For.

megan — January 12, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

What time is breakfast on Friday? I want a large stack! But I want mine with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, vanilla cream glaze, and chocolate chips.

Jenné @ Sweet Potato Soul — January 13, 2011 @ 2:57 am

God! I really would love these pancakes right now. They’re beautiful!

sheila @ Elements — January 13, 2011 @ 6:58 am

Those look totally awesome!!!! I’d love to try these! :)

Stephanie — January 14, 2011 @ 12:09 am

French silk pie is my favorite pie. I’m salivating at the thought of trying these.

And! I finally looked/found whole wheat pastry flour, so excited :D

Nicole — January 14, 2011 @ 2:50 am

french silk is my favorite flavor of ice cream… sooo I feel like these pancakes must be amazing ;)

I adore your blog and have been stalking it (er, reading it!) for awhile, but just finally decided to start commenting! :) You make such beautiful/delicious-looking food!

Leng — January 14, 2011 @ 5:57 am

OMG I love pancakes! to add chocolate to it is pure genius!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — January 15, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

Your blog is going to kill me, because I can’t eat most of the stuff… but the pictures are amazing and the food looks sooooooo good!!

Can’t wait to read more!

Jessica

Maya — January 16, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

these are so good! They really do taste silky! Thanks for a great recipe!

Hayley — January 17, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

Thank you Stumbleupon for leading me here!
    Most definately making these considering I have today off…and it’s only 9 AM.

Kira — January 18, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

I didn’t get much of any flavor out of them (syrup helped a bit) but I LOVE the texture. So smooth! I will have to keep coconut milk on hand now :) (next time I’ll put my supermini chocolate chips to work!)

Jennifer Tidwell — March 8, 2011 @ 6:09 pm

These are definitely going on my weekend breakfast list!

Linda — July 6, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

I might wake up at 4am tomorrow morning to make these, digest them, and then be able to go for my run at 7am. I am in awe just looking at the pictures!

Molly — November 15, 2011 @ 1:34 pm

Mmmmm I am sure my husband would have liked these to be “more chocolatey” but I put peanut butter chips in his and that seemed to appeased him :-) They turned out delicious even though I had to use plain old regular cow milk lol

Abby — March 10, 2012 @ 10:00 pm

Mine turned out really rubbery and a little bland on the chocolate front. Sad but true. Any ideas?

Jamison — May 3, 2012 @ 10:08 am

Are you freaking kidding me with this? ugh…fat pants.

admattai — February 6, 2013 @ 1:05 pm

these pancakes are so good! it was the first time i used coconut milk in pancakes before. I liked the fact that they weren’t too sweet. I added chocolate chips and used regular coconut milk and they turned out great.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Chocolate French Silk Pancakes | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Dataplace Accommodation :: travel