I think I say this every time, but if it was possible for me to live in a store, it would have to be Trader Joe’s. Okay… and Sur La Table. I would have everything I needed!

(Except stilettos.)
I ended up at Trader Joe’s this morning after a breakfast out. I rarely go out to breakfast, so this was fun! I met up with Caitlin who came back to Pittsburgh to visit from Texas, and Abby. It was almost one year to the day that we met at the same place for the first time.
For the first time ever, my Trader Joe’s bag handles ripped. It is always my biggest fear.

Luckily they waited to break until I made it inside.
Here are some of the goods!

Love these sweet potatoes so much.
Random produce.

Any vegetable whose flavor resembles that of candy is alright by me.
An addiction.

We’ve been craving these chips since having them a few weeks ago.
Necessities.

Love these! They remind me of Fruit Roll-Ups, which I used to be obsessed with.

They make perfect snacks.
Speaking of snacks…

All time favorite hummus in the world.

I consider this a small victory, only coming home with one type of cheese.

It’s unusual.
I also caved and finally bought this.

Been dreaming of it since November.
And I’m super excited to try this mustard.

I adore mustard. I hoard as many kinds as possible.
Abby bought these fruit jellies to fuel herself on her run. I succumbed to jealousy and peer pressure and bought them too.

They are delicious!

As I type this, Abby is probably eating one on her 8 mile run. I’m just… eating one while sitting here.
Some boring bread.

Favorite fruit staples.

And of course, some orange chicken for Mr. How Sweet to “snack” on.

Four bags of “snacks” that will last about six days. Seems about right.
What’s on your grocery list this week?

99 Responses to “Saturday Trader Joe’s Run!”

Kat — January 16, 2011 @ 3:15 am

I live in Canada and I wish so much that we had Trader Joes here! All that food looks so good!
    We are going to be getting Targets soon so I’m pretty happy about that

Robyn — January 16, 2011 @ 3:24 am

whenever i read one of these posts i immediately go to google maps + the trader joe’s website to see which location is closest to toronto. ROAD TRIP!

Heather — January 16, 2011 @ 3:52 am

I love TJ’s! I would definitely be alright living there permanently! I saw that white bean hummus the last time I went, but I wasn’t sure if it would be any good so I got my usual the Tomato & Basil (yum!). I love the fiber-ful bars! I like to get the bags of the ends and pieces for a little snackage!

A Tablespoon of Liz — January 16, 2011 @ 4:21 am

Trader joes is one of my favorites!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — January 16, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

You know what I think I love most about TJ’s? That their packaging is so pretty. It makes me feel like I’m shopping for printed tops and high heels while getting my groceries.

Melinda — January 16, 2011 @ 12:58 pm

I am so glad I will be visiting the States in a little over a month. I can’t wait to take a trip to TJs.

Haleigh — January 16, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

Wow, I must go to Trader Joe’s to pick up that caramel sauce! I can’t believe I’ve never seen it in the store before, now I have to go search it out :)

Kristi — January 16, 2011 @ 1:26 pm

That Hot and Sweet Mustard is sooo good. It’s a little like crack in a jar. Once it was opened it didn’t last more than a few days.

Kate @ahealthypassion — January 16, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

I am in love with Trader Joes our closest one is an hour away so its always exciting to make a trip up there! Your food choices look fabulous esp those little fruit jellies, YUM!

Lynda@Me and My Pink Mixer — January 16, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

The closest Trader Joes to my house is 2 hours away, so when I had a work meeting in DC on Friday, I made a run for it as soon as the meeting was over. I picked up a bag of those Lentil chips and almost bought them, but I got the popped potato chips instead – darn! The dark chocolate edamame are addictive! Have you tried their green tea mints? The are so good and 3 mints equals a cup of green tea, so they’re good for you too :) Love Trader Joe’s!

Yay Steelers!!! Black and yellow, black and yellow :)

Ivy — January 16, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

I went to TJ’s yesterday as well! I picked up the Orange Chicken, as well, to please the teenager… if i had seen the fruit jellies, I probably wouldn’t have made it home with my waistband intact. That and my three year old would be asking “Momma, what are you eating? Can I try one?” and then I’d be forced to share…

Christa — January 16, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

Sometimes Target has good sales on grocery items but i didnt actually need anything when i went in there yesterday…$106 later, i had a full cart including a bottle of wine sitting right on top; and still had to go to the store and get regular groceries. I found a vanilla bean/creamcheese/greek yogurt fruit dip at the grocery store that i havent tried yet, but my sister and i got unnecessarily excited about it. My plan is to mix it into my Special K with and add some blueberries :)

Holli — January 16, 2011 @ 4:24 pm

I’ve been reading your blog posts for awhile now and I just had to compliment you on your photos. They are perfect……. I love them…. it’s a joy to see a post of yours in my Reader! :)

melissa — January 16, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

LOVE TJs. I have a list in my blog (which really should be MUCH longer) of some of my faves. Can’t go wrong there :)

Corey @ the runners cookie — January 16, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

TJ’s is the best! Some of my favorite things to get there are raw almond butter, almond milk (cheaper there!), bread products, and soup. Never tried the fruit rolls but they look like a delicious reminder of childhood :)

Low — January 16, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

I can’t wait until there is a Trader Joe’s in my life. Hopefully soon! Everything looks great.

Lauren — January 16, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

It is bizarre that your groceries are identical to what I just picked up at TJ’s a day ago. From the necessities, right down to the new things to try! Good old TJs.

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — January 16, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

Umm yea, I’ll just be coming to your house to help you eat all that wonderful stuff up! I’m sure you need help, right???

sasha — January 17, 2011 @ 2:31 am

i had a saturday trader joe’s run too, but i didn’t see any lentil chips! they look delish. although i’m usually partial to the veggie straws from whole foods, i’m open to change :)

megan — January 17, 2011 @ 3:33 am

I’m beyond words envious of your trader joes. I’ve read about them for years, but have never been to one. My “nearest” one is 9 hours away :(

I realize this may come across as an amazingly odd request, and feel free to ignore it if you think so, especially since a) you don’t even know me and b) I only recently began commenting on your blog, butttttt, I was wondering if I could send you money via paypal or a good old fashioned check and you could purchase and send me sime non perishable goods from trader joes. I’m dying to try some of their goodies!

Alaina — January 17, 2011 @ 5:36 am

I LOVE the orange chicken!! I have a bag in the freezer right now. It’s been in there for over a week. Lunch tomorrow! :-P

Brooke — January 17, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

BOURBON vanilla extract? That sounds so wonderful and superb. Too bad there are zero Trader Joe’s around here – the closest is 93 miles away. Fail.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — January 17, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

This week my mom got me some unsweetened shredded coconut, dried dates, dried cranberries, etc!!! I am in Heaven!!! ;)

Gabrielle — February 14, 2011 @ 11:20 am

What is Trader Joes? I’ve read it all over your blog; is it just an organic supermarket?

Yosef - This American Bite — January 19, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

Trader Joes meets Sur La Table… there’s an idea!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Saturday Trader Joe’s Run! | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Oh What a Night. | How Sweet It Is