Mr. How Sweet bounds up the stairs at 7 am and starts jumping on the bed. He’s been up since 6 am because he’s getting old, and I’ve been up since 6 am because I’m getting old, he’s about as quiet as a bull in a china shop, and he blasts Dolly Parton videos on CMT every Sunday morning.

He’s already making pancakes, even though he’s had his first breakfast. But he can’t go another hour without eating. Pancakes are the last thing on my mind since I consumed nearly an entire jar of salted caramel last night before bed.

However, after one look I’m sold.

I can’t ever turn down a chocolate chip pancake.

Somewhere in the hustle and bustle, this has became a tradition. Why can’t someone cook for me everyday?

52 Responses to “Sunday Mornings.”

Evan Thomas — January 16, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

Sounds like you have a catch ;-)

Elise — January 16, 2011 @ 6:50 pm

I would so put up with a stuffed turkey for a man who made me pancakes! :)

Gill (snaxandthecity) — January 16, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

my bf cooked pancakes for me yesterday too! love that. although mine weren’t chocolate chip – they look grand!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — January 16, 2011 @ 7:03 pm

I love you two! Pancakes just make life better!

• Jean — January 16th, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

Pancakes are the stuff of life. I should try to wrangle my SO into making some.

Amanda (Eating Up) — January 16, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

That sounds like a great morning to me!

Doniree — January 16, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

HA! Kind of similar to my morning except I wasn’t up at 6AM (since I was up, turning my kitchen into a polenta lab until 2am). But BoyfriendMan, jumped into bed, said, “Are you getting up soon? Let’s play. It’s Sunday!” and then made me coffee. Can’t resist that either!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — January 16, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

Mmmm. I would LOVE to wake up to pancakes!! But since I wake up about 3 hours before my hubby, that would never ever happen!!

Erica — January 16, 2011 @ 7:20 pm

What a man! Making you pancakes on Sunday. I need to get hooked up with this deal. I am usually up by 7 AM regardless of the day…usually more like 5:30/6 (at the absolute latest) during the week. Today…I slept until 9 AM it was glorious

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 16, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

as i said yesterday, i have that caramel. but it’s still in my cupboard un-opened. did you just eat it? or make something with it? seriously i think i just need to eat it with a spoon if that’s what you did :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — January 16, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

I love when Peter makes us pancakes on a weekend morning. So special.

Kori — January 16, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

Sunday morning pancakes are the best. I love starting the day with a special breakfast :)

Lisa@ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — January 16, 2011 @ 7:31 pm

I just wished my husband loved pancakes as much as I do so he would make me some on weekend mornings. :(

Lauren at KeepItSweet — January 16, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

Those are some perfect looking pancakes! How would you compare that caramel sauce to homemade?

Ashley — January 16, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

Gorgeous photo!! You must be using a tripod now??? If not, I’m jealous of your steady hands and ability to pour AND take a photo! Great angle + depth of field!

• Jessica — January 16th, 2011 @ 7:47 pm

I wish I had a tripod!! Caitlin, Abby and I were just discussing that yesterday. I do not have one… I’d love one. And yes, it is SO hard to pour and shoot. It takes me multiple tries to get it right.

Fallon — January 16, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

I keep meaning to make pancakes over the weekend. Yours always look so good! Tomorrow morning I’m making buttermilk pancakes.

Gen — January 16, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

Those look amazing!!!
    I made chocolate chip banana muffins this morning! =D

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — January 16, 2011 @ 8:54 pm

I usually don’t have time for a leisurely breakfast on Sundays becomes I’m rushing to leave for church, but I love making pancakes or muffins or French toast for breakfast on Saturday mornings. Yum!

Penny Lane — January 16, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

I had choco chip pancakes as well, but I had to make them:( Wish I had a cook in my house. Should have put some salted caramel on top, mmmm now I think I need to make some salted caramel for the left over pancakes.

Mama Pea — January 16, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

I agree, that is one beautiful photo.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — January 16, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

Oh yeahy, no matter how much of a sugar-coma you may be in..chocolate chip pancakes are not to be turned down.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — January 16, 2011 @ 9:41 pm

I love when other people cook for me. It’s so rare that I cherish it each time it happens. :)

vanillasugarblog — January 16, 2011 @ 9:42 pm

i’ll cook for you girl if i can borrow your shoes

Red Deception — January 16, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

Chocolate chip pancakes. Now THAT is love <3

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — January 16, 2011 @ 10:20 pm

Husbands are a hoot sometimes, aren’t they?? I can’t believe how much energy my husband has sometimes.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — January 16, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

YUMMMM throw on some bananas on there and SOLD! :)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — January 16, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

Those look like golden perfection! Delish!

Cara — January 16, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

What a guy!
    A lovely treat to wake up to.

Blog is the New Black — January 16, 2011 @ 11:39 pm

Lloyd doesn’t cook AT ALL. You’re a lucky gal!

ashley@quasichick — January 16, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

Pancakes and eggs are about the only thing my hubby can make, but hey I’ll take it b/c it means I am off the hook for one meal!

Imwaytoobusy — January 16, 2011 @ 11:59 pm

I like your style! I am consistently amazed by how much earlier I wake up on the weekends as each year goes by… To top it off, I am mildly annoyed these days if I sleep in because I am convinced the weekend goes too fast if you’re not up early! ;) Happy Sunday!

Allison @ Happy Tales — January 17, 2011 @ 12:02 am

Aw, that’s so sweet that he cooks for you! Those look very yummy!

Corey @ the runners cookie — January 17, 2011 @ 12:06 am

There’s something about eating pancakes on the weekends that is so comforting and fun :) We’ve been doing that lately too. So sweet that Mr. How Sweet makes them for you!

Kath — January 17, 2011 @ 1:24 am

I actually made chocolate chip pancakes for my girls sometimes – on school mornings!

Mr. How Sweet’s pancakes look great! And I love the photo of the syrup drizzling down.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — January 17, 2011 @ 1:32 am

Don’t you hate getting old? 6:30 AM alarm or not!

Jess — January 17, 2011 @ 1:48 am

Food always tastes better when it’s cooked by someone else. Always!

Kim in MD — January 17, 2011 @ 2:31 am

You and Mr. How Sweet are an adorable couple! :-)

Hannah — January 17, 2011 @ 2:32 am

I need a husband. Or at least a jar of salted caramel. That is all.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 17, 2011 @ 3:45 am

i’ll cook for you if you cook for me! :)

Low — January 17, 2011 @ 4:32 am

Will you adopt me?

Alaina — January 17, 2011 @ 4:41 am

I don’t make pancakes enough anymore. They really need to be a staple in my breakfast routine. :-)

the country cook @ Delightful Country Cookin — January 17, 2011 @ 5:36 am

Sounds like a good tradition to me! (except for the 6am part…)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — January 17, 2011 @ 1:39 pm

hahaha that sounds like me in the morning. My husband says that he lives with a 5 year old because I wake up early on weekends and poke him and prod him until he finally gets annoyed enough that he has no choice but wake up. :) He, on the other hand, can sleep for HOURS. I think if it wasn’t for me, he’d sleep till 1-2 on weekends. I have no idea how he can just switch like that after waking up all week at 6am. In any case, I really want pancakes now.

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — January 17, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday AM tradition! :)

Happy When Not Hungry — January 17, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

There’s nothing like someone else making you pancakes on a Sunday morning! I love when my hubby surprises me with them. They look delicious :-)

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com — January 17, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

beautiful pic as always! Love!

Aimee Shugarman — January 17, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

I heart pancakes!!!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — January 18, 2011 @ 1:34 am

Chocolate Chip Pancakes! I know what I am having in the morning! :)
    If only! I wish someone would make me breakfast….

Joanne — January 19, 2011 @ 12:39 am

Chocolate chip pancakes are definitely too good to pass up. Even after a jar of salted caramel.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — January 19, 2011 @ 2:03 am

You are very lucky! There are no chocolate chip pancakes prepared for me on Sunday mornings :)

1. Pingback: Gluten Free Coconut Corn Pancake with Blueberry Sauce: Breakfast & Brunch — Family Fresh Cooking