I don’t really have any words.

Mainly because I have a mouthful of cinnamon sugared bacon.

If loving bacon is wrong, we all know that I’m really not right at all. In fact, I’m pretty screwed. There is no saving me.

If you love me, you will make this today. Immediately. You should have started 5 minutes ago. It melts in your mouth. I know, that doesn’t make sense for bacon… but trust me.

[print_this]

Cinnamon Sugared Bacon

8 slices applewood smoked bacon

3 tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.

On a large plate, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dredge bacon slices through the mix, lightly patting the sugar on top. Lay strips on wire rack and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the bacon once. Remove and drain on paper towels for 1 minute.

[/print_this]

You can just simply eat it. Or you can do something highly inappropriate like I did. More on that later.

118 Responses to “Cinnamon Sugared Bacon.”

marla {family fresh cooking} — February 6, 2011 @ 12:47 am

Creative way to eat even more bacon! fun Jessica :)

vanillasugarblog — February 6, 2011 @ 1:30 am

MmmmHmmm. I’d be snacking on those bad boys all day. Hubby of course would have one. Leftovers, I doubt it, but into some cookies. Love it.

Hannah — February 6, 2011 @ 1:42 am

Ohmygosh, I can’t stop thinking of how much more magical Vosges’ Mo’s Bacon Bar would be with your cinnamon bacon in it…

Baking 'n' Books — February 6, 2011 @ 2:44 am

This is so wrong.

But so right.

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — February 6, 2011 @ 2:56 am

Only you could think up something like this

Abby — February 6, 2011 @ 3:07 am

Yea.. I don’t have any words either…

Becca — February 6, 2011 @ 3:28 am

Don’t hate me… please… I made your incredibly awesome bacon and ate one slice. Then I remembered that it’s World Nutella Day. I had to do it…. and it was AMAZING! <3

Stephanie — February 6, 2011 @ 5:37 am

Drool-ing!!!! You need to write a bacon cookbook, seriously.

Katrina — February 6, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Ahaha this is exactly the food for you!

Dani — February 6, 2011 @ 1:15 pm

This is exactly why I love this blog!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — February 6, 2011 @ 2:10 pm

A few weeks ago I had pancakes with strips of bacon inside them (or “pancakes and bacon together as one” as my friend Josh described them). These would be INSANE inside pancakes. Also, I’m going to be in the same city as you all next week!

trang — February 6, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

I used to make this all the time when having breakfast. It’s so deliciously good. I can eat just one though..never.

AliSue — February 6, 2011 @ 6:51 pm

My boyfriend loves to make these, we grind up pecans and mix it together with the brown sugar then sprinkle it on top. AMAZING!! I really like the ideas of putting these in pancakes and on top of ice cream. This is our biggest downfall in our house.

Annie@stronghealthyfit — February 6, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

Sounds crazy but I would probably try it :-)

Kris | iheartwellness.com — February 6, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

Wow! You always seem to amazing me ;) This is very interesting and I know will tickle a lot of peoples fancies!

xxoo

Breanna — February 6, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

Would you consider this a good idea for batch cooking?

Breanna — February 6, 2011 @ 9:18 pm

Would you consider this a good idea for batch cooking? (then freezing?)

• Jessica — February 6th, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

I definitely think you can cook it in a large batch, but I have never froze bacon before. It would never last long enough in our house to do that!

• AliSue — February 7th, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

We make a whole package then put it in the frig. It last us 2 weeks, before we eat it all.

• p-- — August 7th, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

pardon me for jumping in, but i cook a package of bacon and freeze it all the time. i either wrap slices, smail style, in press-&-seal or crumble it and put it into a jar (handy for snacking).

Joanna — February 7, 2011 @ 3:34 am

I made this for Sunday morning breakfast this weekend. Paired it with pancakes & my fiance described it as “sinful.” The bacon was soooo good. I made more than 8 pieces (a whole package), and it was ALL gone between us & his 9-year-old son. AMAZING! And so simple. Thanks :)

Beauty & the Feast — February 7, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

I need this in my life. NOW!
    Looks fabulous!!

Syrah — February 7, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

Loving bacon is absolutely not wrong! I believe somewhere is has been foretold that all who are moral and good will be rewarded in the end in land of bacon and bliss!

Yum Yucky — February 7, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

holy crap, woman. Me thinks you’re the next Paul Deen, but only bettah! When you gets on TV & stuff (because I know you will), I want a front seat ticket to your show!

Brooke — February 7, 2011 @ 3:57 pm

Only 8 pieces of bacon? That is way too much rationing as I can polish off 1/2 pound in 3 minutes flat.

Tasha — February 7, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

So last night my aunt and I had a “superbowl party” as in we made yummy snacks and watched girl movies until Glee came on, and I made this.

OH. MY. GAWD.

soo good!
    Also we made the spinach dip recipe you have on here. Unreal!

• Jessica — February 7th, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

So glad you liked!

Melanie — February 7, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

OH MY GOSH!!! Yummo!!
    Have you ever tried this recipe:
    My friend made these and they were to die for . I think it would be about the same as your but with nuts on top. =)

• Jessica — February 7th, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

Nooo! I need to!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — February 7, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

Oh my goodness! I have a feeling I could eat my weight in this bacon. Perhaps it’s a good thing that I’m running low on bacon in the fridge right now.

Kelli — February 7, 2011 @ 10:04 pm

I am not a huge bacon-lover, but my hubby is. I made this yesterday and he couldn’t stop eating it. I had to remove the plate from his sight so he wouldn’t eat it all!

Clare — February 8, 2011 @ 12:16 am

MHH! You should come to the Minnesota State Fair where there are multiple stands devoted entirely to bacon :) Heaven.

Ashley — February 8, 2011 @ 2:38 am

Sweet and savory. The perfect marriage. I love the addition of cinnamon. I’ve had it with brown sugar, cayenne and pecans also. Amazing.

Jen @ Cup a Dee Cakes — February 10, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

OMG! Just found you blog and this recipe sounds delish! I’m going to make some for the hubby as a little surprise waiting on him when he gets home from work!

• Jessica — February 11th, 2011 @ 1:33 am

Enjoy!

Ashley — February 19, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

Jessica, Today I made your vanilla bean cupcakes and put cinnamon sugared bacon IN the cupcakes. I made a caramel frosting and topped it with more bacon!!! Oh my gosh!!!

Wendy — February 20, 2011 @ 2:41 am

mmmm….I have some of these in the oven right now… Cannot wait!

Aejin H — February 22, 2011 @ 1:44 am

We are trying making these for the first time right now!

Bubblybunny — May 8, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

I had this bookmarked since you posted it and finally got around to making it. O.M.G. I just had 2 half slices and I’m hiding the rest of them. :P

Sarah — May 10, 2011 @ 9:36 am

Try dipping it in bittersweet chocolate! SOOO YUMM!

Yamina Collins — September 1, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

You should do a recipe on chocolate dipped bacon that you cool in the freezer. That would be sweet. I know a catering company out here in New York that does it.

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — September 3, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

I just made these for your PB cookies with chocolate candied bacon. Good thing I made extra because it is insanely good just by itself! I want to cuddle up with it.

Angela Morfin — October 23, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

Sounds yummy! I like to make Southern Style bacon also. Just something about the sweetness added to bacon is soooo yummy! Mix equal parts white sugar & flour together…dip bacon in mixture until covered…fry up as normal…YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy — December 2, 2011 @ 10:35 am

Made these this morning for the chewy peanut butter cookies (thank you for bringing this into my life). One note to possibly add to the recipe, (I did it initially, thank goodness!). Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the wire rack on top of that. The sugar melts and turns into a sugar cement on the tray. With foil, you just lift it up, when cooled, and throw it away!

WhyAmySmiles — December 27, 2011 @ 4:48 am

My sons are bacon maniacs but I HATE frying it…So this sounds like the plan for us. Thanks in advance for making them love me even more! :)

Sylvia Morice — January 10, 2012 @ 6:22 pm

This recipe makes my mouth water…my son’s friend made ‘candied bacon’ this summer at my cottage and called them ‘dog treats for humans’….he cooked them on the bar-b-q and we fought over the last couple of pieces…they were so delicious. Now I can top him by adding cinnamon to the recipe…thanks so much! I am going to make them for Liam the next time he visits and blow his mind!

Barbara — February 3, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

has anybody ever tried cooking your bacon (with the addition of sugar, etc) in the microwave?

• Jessica — February 3rd, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

I have not… given that you normally have to place the bacon between 2 paper towels, I’d be afraid that all the sugar would just melt off into the towel? Not sure though. If you try it, let me know!

• Barbara — February 3rd, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

I have one of those microwave safe bacon pans (has ridges in it so that the fat drains away from the bacon). I might have to try it this weekend and will keep you posted! Thanks.

Melinda — March 2, 2012 @ 10:49 pm

So, while making these today, I made a discovery. If you make these and drink root beer at the same time, you will be engulfed with pure bliss. If you can find it, try Henry Weinheard’s rootbeer. Oh my goodness, it is amazing…

Cheryl reed — July 24, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

I am attempting to make the rootbeer cupcakes. I have really enjoyed the way you speak about your love of food such great detail! My friends think I’m crazy because I always say “I made the most beautiful cake” they always say how can a cake be beautiful? I am very passionate about baking! Just thought I’d share

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Cinnamon Sugared Bacon | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: five in five | The Healthy Everythingtarian

3. Pingback: I Love You Guys. | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache and Candied Bacon | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Ginger Lime Shrimp and Noodles | How Sweet It Is

6. Pingback: How To Make Cinnamon Sugared Bacon | UniqueDaily.com

7. Pingback: Web Wednesday: How Sweet It Is | My Shiny Life

8. Pingback: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon | The Spiffy Cookie

9. Pingback: Puffy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Candied Bacon « thebitesizedbaker

10. Pingback: 70 Recipes for the 4th of July | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: he’s been waiting… « TheFaceBaby

12. Pingback: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon. | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: Starting a blog | hot pink sprinkles