Stuff.

1. I’ll pay someone one thousand dollars to show up at my doorstop in five minutes with these. I’m not even joking.

2.  I don’t love Nutella. I mean… it’s okay. But I don’t love it/crave it/go crazy over it like many people do. Now that I think about it, this is probably how many people feel about my obsession with bacon. Hmmpf.

Well, I still think all of the wild Nutella creations look delicious. I probably would eat them if they were placed in front of me. But until they appear, I’ll gladly continue my jar-a-week habit of my other favorite chocolate nut butter. And if I’m being honest, White Chocolate Wonderful is really my favorite.

3. I had the most delicious casserole ever yesterday. I sort of felt like I was having a heart attack afterwards, but it was totally worth it. So worth it, that I am making the recipe so I can share it with all of you. And I selfishly want to eat it again.

4. I’m so grateful to all of you vegans and vegetarians who visit my blog everyday and see bacon post after bacon post with bacon drippings and bacon overload. It means so much to me! Now really, can you all come over here and make me like veggies? I’m thinking it will take four of you to hold me down, two of you to hold my mouth open, and a few more to shove greens down my throat. It might work.

66 Responses to “Stuff.”

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — February 21, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

I’m a vegan, love your bacon posts, and wish I had a chef to make me love veggies MORE. I still struggle to make vegan dishes that I really love. Mmmm…bacon!

Evan Thomas — February 21, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

I’m not a fan of nutella. I think White Chocolate Wonderful or Justin’s choc. PB blow it out of the water.

Tiffany @ Conor & Bella — February 21, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

Umm, those s’mores cookies look insane!

Blog is the New Black — February 21, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

I am dying for PP’s s’mores cookies, too! DROOL CITY! And I LOVE NUTELLA!!!!!!!!!!! Blasphemy! But I love the WCW just as much.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — February 21, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

I saw Jenny’s post about those cookies when I got home from work. Yes, insanely good looking.

I honestly dont even care about your bacon posts or any of your posts that are dripping in bacon :) I am here b/c I love you and would read anything you want to publish :)

Julie @SavvyEats — February 21, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

I will trade you local smoked bacon for your Nutella!

And I’ll give you my fish in exchange for your veggies. ;)

• Jessica — February 21st, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

Deal!

chelon — February 21, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

i have to say that i am sad you don’t love nutella. especially since we share the same affinity for bacon! my dad was in the army, and i grew up eating nutella. we were in germany for 6 years, and nutella is one of the things that always brings back being a little kid. spread on fresh brotchen, nothing better. my 8 year old didn’t know until she was about 4 that everyone didn’t eat nutella on their pancakes! i also like to dip pretzels in it. sweet, salty, yum! i love all different kinds of nut butters, but nutella will always be my favorite. i love the taste of hazelnut, but i don’t like to eat them because they make my jaws tired.

• Jessica — February 21st, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

You are so passionate about Nutella that I think I need to go buy a jar and try again!

• chelon — February 22nd, 2011 @ 1:59 pm

i think the thing about nutella is that you expect it to be more chocolatey than it is because of the color. and you should put it on a peanut-butter cookie. or those cinnamon sugar crackers you made, which i made this weekend and gave to my daughter and her friends with a little dish of nutella. happy, happy kids! thanks for your blog, jessica. you complete me! (i told my husband i have a girl crush on you. he is just happy that i feed him)

Bethany — February 21, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

I’ll chip in $500 if you share those with me… I sent that link this morning to my husband who was very enthusiastic about me making them. I do enjoy nutella, but I’m a chocolate-and-peanut-butter (together or separate) nut at heart, so that picture of the chocolate PB has me totally craving right now.

trang — February 21, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

If you make those cookies, please send them my way. Really, I beg of you.

Alisa — February 21, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

yummm i love white chocolate wonderful!!!

Stephanie — February 21, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

I do love Nutella. But both DCD and WCW win. I’m constantly trying to prove my love to all three though. I ignore one in the cupboard and it gets all jealous. They fight for my attention more than my three children do.

megan @ whatmegansmaking — February 21, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

you know, I’m not that into nutella either. But I think that’s because I haven’t eaten too much of it…I”m too cheap to buy it. I could see myself getting addicted. And yes, veggies…i go through spurts. Currently if I don’t put spinach in my smoothies, I’m not getting my veggies in.

Low — February 21, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

Haha, I have to say I love Nutella a thousand times more than I like bacon – but that’s okay. More for me ;)

• Jessica — February 21st, 2011 @ 8:58 pm

I don’t even know you anymore!!!

peabody — February 21, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

I know what you mean about the Vegan and Vegetarians who still read the blog. My blog actually won a Vegetarian award…the same day a picture of sandwich(the bread is what the recipe was for) with about 12 pieces of bacon in it. I had to laugh.
    I even get quite a few dairy free people as well.

• Jessica — February 21st, 2011 @ 8:58 pm

Hahah! Oh my gosh now that is priceless.

Elizabeth — February 21, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

That cookie you posted can’t be real. Why must you tempt me ALL. THE. TIME. yum!

Els — February 21, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

You are so funny! Seriously i laugh out loud…when reading a lot of your posts. Coming from Holland i remember seeing nutella here for the first time, and freaked out! We ate that stuff back in Europe…. remember our bread is fresh from the bakery, baked that morning…ha! To die for!

Gen — February 21, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

I looove dark chocolate dreams!
    Those cookies look fabulous!!!!!!!! =D

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — February 21, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

I haven’t tried any of those peanut butters and now I feel like I am missing something!

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — February 21, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

Looove DCD. I love Nutella – but as a treat. I can make DCD or WCW a staple of my diet and not feel like I’m creating cavities. I view Nutella as a liquid form of my favorite Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 21, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

I’ll pay someone to finish recording the novel my class is reading next week on CD for me. Of all the chapter books in the world to read, I had to pick the one NOT available as a book on CD. 77 pages never seemed so long!

Bianca @South Bay Rants n Raves — February 21, 2011 @ 9:06 pm

My husband prolly loves nutella as much as u love bacon. He goes thru 2 jars a week. The bad thing is I’m the one who introduced him to it.

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) — February 21, 2011 @ 9:15 pm

I only really like Nutella with vanilla wafers.. weird, right? Also, I had honestly completely forgotten about Dark Chocolate Dreams until now — I immediately put it on my grocery list. Thank you for rekindling the love! :)

Lauren-HungryDancer — February 21, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

WCW is also my favorite!! Last time I found it at the market I bought 5 jars!!! I have to eat some everyday or I go crazy!! Nutella can’t compare!

rebecca lustig — February 21, 2011 @ 9:24 pm

Though I’m a vegetarian, I respect and have admiration for people with passions for any and all foods! bacon included :)

i don’t love nutella either. dark choc dreams is more up my alley

Mama Pea — February 21, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

I’m going to tell you what you do:

1. Grab that large tub of spinach in your fridge.
    2. Grab a fork.
    3. Eat.

Or just come visit us.

• Jessica — February 21st, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

I think the last option would be the most effective.

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — February 21, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

Oooo erie. While at Target yesterday I had an epiphany to put crunched up grahams and marshmallows in cookies. Genius? Yes.

Debbie B. (DebaRooRoo) — February 21, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

I just tried those peanut butters yesterday and oh my! They are so good! My favorite was the cinnamon raison although I devoured three different types on one piece of toast. What’s a girl to do? :)

• Jessica — February 21st, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

I haven’t had the cinnamon raisin since 2008, but didn’t love it then. I’ll have to try again.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 21, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

i would be there in a second at your doorstep because you are such an amazing friend…darn I wish I lived closer :(

Dominique — February 21, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

#1..the button on my jeans popped off the second I saw those cookies.
    #2…I don’t know how you can not love vegetables. I’ve always had a fondness for veggies, but your Roasted Green Bean Fries made me fall head over heels in love! So much so that they warranted a post on my own blog! (goodfoodgoodhealth.blogspot.com)

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — February 21, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

Love the shout out for vegetarians! Try a few recipes from my blog and you might just find that you like a veggie or two.

Btw, I just posted a recipe for nut butter balls using both White Chocolate Wonderful and Dark Chocolate Dreams. And I drizzled melted white chocolate on top. It was insane.

I also eat DCD by the spoonful! Shhh, don’t tell my fiance!

Katrina — February 21, 2011 @ 10:45 pm

Oh my! Those cookies look fantastic. Sadly, I don’t have any mini marshmallows right now and ALL the stores are closed because it’s family day today (an Ontario Provincial holiday).

I’m a vegetarian, and I visit your blog everyday! I used to eat, and love bacon too, so it’s no big deal. So many of your recipes are vegetarian friendly that it makes up for it.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 21, 2011 @ 10:47 pm

I am not a big fan of nutella either … and I agree, White Chocolate Wonderful is the best (I love the Mighty Maple too).

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — February 21, 2011 @ 10:56 pm

1. Those things look like they are the size of my face. Perfect.

2. Nutella ingredients, in order: 1 – sugar 2 – palm oil. Um, notice no hazelnuts or chocolate. Right-o. Your pick is better.

Stacey — February 21, 2011 @ 10:57 pm

Where do I find White Chocolate Wonderful in Canada????? AHHHH!

Hannah — February 21, 2011 @ 11:49 pm

Even though I’m a die-hard dark chocolate chocoholic (the weighting towards dark chocolates on my blog attest to this), I too prefer the White chocolate wonderful PB&Co. Alas! It ain’t available in Australia. GAH.

Lauren — February 22, 2011 @ 12:08 am

The most humorous part of the picky palate recipe is that it makes “12 large cookies”. Ya don’t say? HA!

brandi — February 22, 2011 @ 12:55 am

there’s nothing wrong with not loving nutella – I’d have to say: white choc. wonderful and nutella are probably tied for me :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — February 22, 2011 @ 2:08 am

You know I love you even if you’re obsesseed with bacon. No big deal.

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) — February 22, 2011 @ 2:09 am

hahaha I love this post! You always makeme laugh!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — February 22, 2011 @ 2:51 am

How can you not love nutella?!

Kocinera — February 22, 2011 @ 3:03 am

Viva la bacon! That stuff is too yummy to not write about it on a regular basis. That being said, I certainly do not object to the occasional bite of Nutella, either. I think food lovers tend to be pretty equal opportunity when it comes to this sort of thing. :D

Alaina - The Jogging Concierge — February 22, 2011 @ 4:53 am

At least you’re willing to give veggies a try! ;-)

I’m by no means a vegetarian or vegan but I love seeing their inventive recipes.

Laura — February 22, 2011 @ 6:16 am

I’m a vegetarian and I love your site! (Almost) all the dessert recipes are veggie, and the main courses are usually easy to modify. I love your writing, it always makes me smile :]

Marta — February 22, 2011 @ 11:37 am

I agree with Laura, I am a vegetarian but love your site. Your dessert recipes are great and have no bacon… for now. Don’t try it. Please.
    I started loving veggies when people stopped forcing me to eat them and like them… so, I won’t force you :)

• Jessica — February 22nd, 2011 @ 11:55 am

I have many dessert recipes with bacon in them! Maybe don’t venture into the recipe section? ;)

Paulette — February 22, 2011 @ 11:48 am

All your recipes are wonderful. I love the S’mores. Thanks Paulette

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — February 22, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

I’d have those cookies at your doorstep now if I lived near you. But it would only be about a half a batch, because I’d eat the rest of them, I love smores!
    I made PP’s brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies this weekend and they are super delish too.
    I like making banana frozen yogurt with my dark chocolate dreams PB :)

Julie — February 22, 2011 @ 12:38 pm

I am OBSESSED with that peanut butter! and White Chocolate Wonderful is my favorite too; I have 3 jars in my pantry right now. I’m not even kidding…

Amanda — February 22, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

I dont like Nutella either!!! Its like… burnt bittersweet cocoa to me! Ah. Didint think it possible nbut you just went up a notch in my book. ;)

Sara P — February 22, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

I am a vegetarian and I love your posts about Bacon! I also love your humor! :)

I have a breakfast sandwich made with Nutella that will rock your socks off and it could…..really, it could, change your love for Nutella! :)

And OMG….those s’mores cookies look AWESOME! I don’t think I should make them though….I think they would make me move onto another pant size bigger than “stretchy pants”!

• chelon — February 22nd, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

i want to know about the breakfast sandwich! we buy nutella at costco in the ginormous jars.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — February 22, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

White Choc Wonderful wins hands down for me too. Nothing compares.

1. Pingback: Pierogi Casserole | How Sweet It Is