it’s been far too long since i had a mojito.

i’d eat vegetables everyday if bacon grew on trees.

i didn’t make that up, it’s from a t-shirt.

a t-shirt i need, apparently.

it’s teeeeeeee-shirt time!

the wonderful liz sent me something so decadent and perfect that i may die.

she even sent “his and her” bags, but i think we know they will all end up in “her” stomach.

why don’t i have one of these everyday?

is mr. how sweet going to start cooking now?

that’s probably wishful thinking.

i wish the dishes put themselves away.

i wish the laundry folded itself.

i wish i did laundry, period.

i got another package today.

naomi is the best.

she sent me tons of sprinkles and cupcakes!

how do you guys know me so well?

i’m in need of a new pair of shoes.

but i’m really not.

i wish it was summer.

but i really hate to be hot.

thursday is my favorite day of the week.

and why can’t james taylor sing me to sleep every night?

38 Responses to “Thursday Thoughts.”

Jordan — February 25, 2011 @ 1:40 am

Your blog has inspired me to pick up sprinkles at the grocery store this week. I think I’ll put them in my oatmeal, it seems like it will make a cheerful start to the today! Love the Jersey Shore reference …

Kita — February 25, 2011 @ 1:42 am

No – theres always room for more shoes! Im just jealous that you look like you still have most of their boxes still!
    I saw those little cups of heaven on Liz’s site earlier and OMG – I ran to my kitchen to make sure I had the ingredients immediately and was just wondering if my BF would think bacon cooking at 9PM was weird. Lucky lucky you.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — February 25, 2011 @ 1:45 am

Completely random but awesome post.

Blog is the New Black — February 25, 2011 @ 1:58 am

I’m glad you like them! Directly inspired by your blog. :) xo

Lori Lynn — February 25, 2011 @ 2:01 am

I’d like it to be summer too (I’m a teacher, so of course!), but I don’t do too well with the heat!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 25, 2011 @ 2:02 am

xoxox….I sat down reading some of those cupcake recipes…oh em geeeeee

Megan — February 25, 2011 @ 2:02 am

I make amazing mojitos…

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — February 25, 2011 @ 2:06 am

Thursdays are the greatest.
    Especially when you get presents.
    I made sprinkle cookies to trade with my kiddos tomorrow at Barter Day and thought of you the whole time. :)
    I hope that didn’t sound super creepy.

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes — February 25, 2011 @ 2:11 am

His and her bags! Such a cute idea. Especially since I get rights to both the “his” and the “hers.” That’s how that works… right?

Jessica - Dinners, Desserts & More — February 25, 2011 @ 2:14 am

Can’t wait for summer and mojitos as well! A place near me has the BEST mango mojitos! Yum… just thinking about them makes my mouth water!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 25, 2011 @ 2:14 am

I like this post :-) It made me smile … random thoughts are fun!!!!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — February 25, 2011 @ 2:17 am

I just wanna know…where’s my sprinkle care package?! ;)

Serena — February 25, 2011 @ 2:19 am

I decided a few sprinkles sounded good in my protein shake ;) just a few! Also – Not sure if you are aware (you do know a lot about sprinkles) But if you go to your grocery store, usually in the bakery section they have tubs/containers of sprinkles for sale. Sometimes they are hidden but if you ask the nice cake ladies they will point them out – or even put some together for you. It is actually kind of nice because you can get whatever color they have on hand (usually any color of the rainbow) and mix and match – and during holiday times they are always in spirit with hearts – or four leave clovers at the moment. Just a tip – oh and they are usually a TON cheaper than any you get in a container.

Happy Thursday – on to Friday for me :)

• Jessica — February 25th, 2011 @ 3:25 am

I need to do this!!

Hannah — February 25, 2011 @ 2:35 am

So I have an idea. I’m thinking of making a big change in my life, but am terrified of leaping and not landing in a job.

Sooooo… how would you like an Aussie to come be your professional dishwasher and bacon-plant-grower? ;)

• Jessica — February 25th, 2011 @ 3:25 am

I would LOVE IT.

• Hannah — February 25th, 2011 @ 3:33 am

Next stop: a visa.

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — February 25, 2011 @ 2:48 am

I’ve made a few recipes from that cookbook! Can’t wait to see your take on some of them

Jenny @ Bakography — February 25, 2011 @ 3:13 am

Is it weird that I totally understood and related with every single thing you said in this post? Haha! You’re awesome!

• Jessica — February 25th, 2011 @ 3:24 am

It’s amazing.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — February 25, 2011 @ 3:33 am

When I see sprinkles, I think of you. :)

Mama Pea — February 25, 2011 @ 4:43 am

“Sweet Baby James” is the best song. EVER.

Alaina — February 25, 2011 @ 5:48 am

Why are you not in my kitchen? ;-)

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches — February 25, 2011 @ 5:56 am

I also wonder why James Taylor doesn’t sing me to sleep. Is it really too much to ask?

elle marie — February 25, 2011 @ 9:23 am

I really love coffee table books full of photos and illustrations… don’t you? I’ve been in a cupcake mood…lately.

Corinna @ The Fire Chiefs Wife — February 25, 2011 @ 11:05 am

I recieved my March issue of Southen Living today. One of the sub-titles on the cover was “15 Foods Made Better with Bacon.”
    My first thought was, “Only 15? Jessica needs to have a talk with them.”
    You make me smile everyday.
    Thank you.

• Jessica — February 25th, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

Love it!

Andrea@Vegvacious — February 25, 2011 @ 11:15 am

Too funny – I think you just divulged how most girls think!! I need to get me some friends like liz and naomi! Who doesn’t love presents – especially of the sweet variety? …and you have a husband who just might start cooking for you! If you figure out the whole laundry/dishes thing then you will have it made girl!

Paulette — February 25, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

Right now I am craving cereal with bacon, with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. No I am not expecting. I am sixty-one with lots of cravings. Whats wrong with this picture. I guess not enough bacon or sweets in my life. Oh can’t wait till you make those cupcakes. Paulette

Kristin — February 25, 2011 @ 2:56 pm

You had me at mojito! One of those would be perfect on this dreary day!

kate@ahealthypassion — February 25, 2011 @ 3:15 pm

MOJITOS are my favorite! What a cute little book I bet it has some awesome recipes!

allison @ thesundayflog — February 25, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

i have that cookbook! my boyfriend got it for me last year for valentine’s day. the cupcake decorations could use a little (ok a LOT) of work, but they are all great. i made the margarita (!) cupcakes with tequila lime glaze for a share our strength bake sale and they literally sold out in seconds. link so you can see what they looked like: http://livingoneday.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/bake-sale/ MAKE THEM!!

• Jessica — February 25th, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

Yum!

Kacy — February 25, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

Haha you DO need that shirt.

I love the stream of consciousness :)

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — February 25, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

You are a lucky girl to have friends like that!
    I am always taking my friends, neighbors and coworkers treats that I make and I get nothing in return.
    In fact my coworker said yesterday “I wished you would have brought in treats today, you do every day, why not today?” It’s like they count on it or something. Excuse me, what’cha doin for me that you deserve it?

I need a pina colada. And a tan.

• Jessica — February 25th, 2011 @ 11:17 pm

Ew – they need to thank you!!

Happy When Not Hungry — February 25, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

Mojitos are delicious! I saw Liz’s bacon peanut butter cups and they look divine. Enjoy!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — February 26, 2011 @ 12:37 am

Awww, I love how she sent those chocolate lovlies in “his” and “her” baggies! :D

xoxox,