Look what I found!

A bunch of delicious, vibrant cilantro. And it didn’t cost me an arm and a leg.
Since I had lots of limes left over from the lemon lime cake I made a few weeks ago, I knew the first step would be to combine the cilantro with lime.

Cilantro reminds me of delicious Mexican food (my favorite cuisine!), which in turn reminds me of margaritas. I could use a margarita considering there is a hefty amount of snow piled outside my window.
A big margarita. Huge.

And because I have a dangerous hummus obsession, I knew some form of the bean dip was on the agenda.
But after I dumped nearly all of the ingredients into my food processor, I realized we were out of olive oil. Totally out.

Who am I?

Luckily, I instantly remembered that I had some persian lime olive oil leftover from my shopping trip this summer. Love.

It had to be fate.

Apparently I’ve got Mr. How Sweet hooked on hummus all of a sudden. Turns out that beans are on his okay-to-binge list, which means that my favorite tub of hummus is lasting only about 4 hours these days instead of 24. It’s forcing me to make it at home now much more often. Plus, he doesn’t smell so hot.
And he is still forcing me to eat brownies. How dare he.

[print_this]

Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus

makes about 1 cup

1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

1 clove of garlic, minced (more or less, depending on your tastes)

1/4 cup cilantro

1 teaspoon lime zest

1 tablespoon lime juice

1/3 cup olive oil (+ more to reach desired consistency)

salt and pepper to taste

Combine beans, cilantro, lime zest, juice and garlic in the food processor and blend until mixed. With the processor on, stream in olive oil until desired consistency is reached. I blended mine for a good 3-4 minutes to make it super creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pita chips!

[/print_this]

Gotta go! My cabana boy will be here any minute with my margarita.

155 Responses to “Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus.”

Corey — March 1, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

Just made this and it was super good!
    I added 2 little jalapenos from my garden and it was very nice

Kristin — March 5, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

I made this yesterday for a little get together we were going to and it was a huge hit! It was fabulous! I served it with some little pita bread crackers from Trader Joes. Delish! I will definitely be making this again!

Kristen Van Sickle — April 28, 2012 @ 12:48 am

LOVED this! Made it Wednesday night and now I am making it again tonight! (Friday)it is sooo good!

Liz S — June 12, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

I don’t remember how I found this recipe but this is my 3rd or 4th time using it and I always love it! YUMMY!!!! Thank you!!!

catherine — May 20, 2013 @ 8:08 am

Just made this and we <3'd it!!! I kept it in the fridge for about 2 hrs before serving it and the flavor that developed was just perfect! So happy to have stumbled upon your recipe just when i had all these ingredients!

Scott — February 27, 2014 @ 10:03 pm

I will definitely have to try this. A note about the brownies – I use applesauce instead of oil, and they are great! A slightly different texture, but not a problem.

1. Pingback: This Week’s Favorites | SnackFace

2. Pingback: White Bean Hummus Soup

3. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #48…Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus « Ella Rose Entertaining

4. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #48 – Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus « Ella Rose Entertaining

5. Pingback: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner « Coconut Chronicles

6. Pingback: 5 Healthy Lunch Ideas | The Flavorful Fork Personal Chef Service (Serving South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware)

7. Pingback: Back to Food! « Salaams

8. Pingback: beckyperry.us » Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus

9. Pingback: Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus | oompy.com

10. Pingback: Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus | OOMPY

11. Pingback: The Novice Chef » Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus

12. Pingback: : Recipe Round Up : Superbowl Sunday | What Happens After Five

13. Pingback: Super Bowl Monday « Me, the Enigma

14. Pingback: A taste of the Super Bowl « Me, the Enigma

15. Pingback: Make Merry: Mexican Fiesta Game Night | The Fete Blog

16. Pingback: recipe of the week [cilantro lime hummus] « matt ♥ hannah

17. Pingback: Not Alone. « Into the Desert

18. Pingback: cilantro lime white bean hummus « HummusAmongUs.

19. Pingback: Bean cilantro | Myspacelayoutw

20. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Hummus and a Dinner Party |

21. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Hummus | The Pajama Chef

22. Pingback: Easy Black Bean Dip | Black Bean Dip Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

23. Pingback: Cilantro Lime White Bean Dip Recipe | Doomestic ProductionsDoomestic Productions

24. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Jalapeno Hummus - A Kitchen Addiction