Look what I found!

A bunch of delicious, vibrant cilantro. And it didn’t cost me an arm and a leg.
Since I had lots of limes left over from the lemon lime cake I made a few weeks ago, I knew the first step would be to combine the cilantro with lime.

Cilantro reminds me of delicious Mexican food (my favorite cuisine!), which in turn reminds me of margaritas. I could use a margarita considering there is a hefty amount of snow piled outside my window.
A big margarita. Huge.

And because I have a dangerous hummus obsession, I knew some form of the bean dip was on the agenda.
But after I dumped nearly all of the ingredients into my food processor, I realized we were out of olive oil. Totally out.

Who am I?

Luckily, I instantly remembered that I had some persian lime olive oil leftover from my shopping trip this summer. Love.

It had to be fate.

Apparently I’ve got Mr. How Sweet hooked on hummus all of a sudden. Turns out that beans are on his okay-to-binge list, which means that my favorite tub of hummus is lasting only about 4 hours these days instead of 24. It’s forcing me to make it at home now much more often. Plus, he doesn’t smell so hot.
And he is still forcing me to eat brownies. How dare he.

[print_this]

Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus

makes about 1 cup

1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

1 clove of garlic, minced (more or less, depending on your tastes)

1/4 cup cilantro

1 teaspoon lime zest

1 tablespoon lime juice

1/3 cup olive oil (+ more to reach desired consistency)

salt and pepper to taste

Combine beans, cilantro, lime zest, juice and garlic in the food processor and blend until mixed. With the processor on, stream in olive oil until desired consistency is reached. I blended mine for a good 3-4 minutes to make it super creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pita chips!

[/print_this]

Gotta go! My cabana boy will be here any minute with my margarita.

158 Responses to “Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus.”

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun — March 7, 2011 @ 11:59 am

I love cilantro! It adds such a nice flavor to anything! Thanks for (another) wonderful recipe! :-D

Estela @ Weekly Bite — March 7, 2011 @ 12:04 pm

I white bean hummus! Love the lime & cilantro addition :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — March 7, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

I love white bean hummus more so than garbanzo bean hummus! It’s so good! I bet the cilantro + lime just rocks, too!

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — March 7, 2011 @ 12:09 pm

Looks delicious! I’m totally hooked on TJ’s white bean hummus, and I loooove cilantro – so I would be all over this. Great recipe, per usual :).

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

That’s my favorite too! Obsessed.

Hannah — March 7, 2011 @ 12:16 pm

I currently have lemon thyme olive oil and fresh mint. Methinks I see a version of this dippity dip in my future :)

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Oh my gosh… you must make it. I am just obsessed with fresh mint right now! Report back. ;)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 7, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

I know you were thinking about me as you were making this because you wanted me to be able to eat something. Thanks! :)

Jeanette — March 7, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Yum, this sounds so creamy and delicious. I love white beans and the garlic, cilantro and lime remind me chimichurri sauce, great combination! What a nice healthy dip.

Gen — March 7, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

awesome!!! We always have fresh cilantro, and my dad LOVES it!! Might be making this for him soon seeing as he’s about to go crazy all cooped up in the house.

Erica — March 7, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

That looks fantastic! I honestly am not a cilantro fan BUT our local food store makes a jalapeno and cilantro hummus that is just awesome.

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

You may like it, the cilantro flavor isn’t TOO prominent!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 7, 2011 @ 12:29 pm

Cilantro+lime is such a great combination. This looks amazing. I might have to make this on St. Patrick’s Day. :-)

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

Hahaha I didn’t even think about that – perfect color!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — March 7, 2011 @ 12:31 pm

Persian lime olive oil! Now where did you get that? I’m dying to try it.

megan @ blackberries for jam — March 7, 2011 @ 12:32 pm

Oh, this looks delicious! I personally love cilantro, but my husband claims it tastes like feet (weirdo), so I may have to substitute basil. Or just make it for myself.

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

My husband doesn’t really like it either. Boys are weird.

Reen — March 7, 2011 @ 12:37 pm

This looks INCREDIBLE!!!!

Heather — March 7, 2011 @ 12:48 pm

oh margaritas…summer is going to be pretty awesome with ‘em on a hot day :)

Christina — March 7, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

Delicious! I’m on a huge lime kick right now. This sounds perfect!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — March 7, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

You KNOW I love cilantro!!! This looks so tasty and vibrant!

BrightBakes — March 7, 2011 @ 12:51 pm

Ok, since I thought it was a good idea to crank up my slow cooker and cook approximately 5 gallons of white beans over the weekend….(yes, really, what in the world am I gonna do with them all???) this hummus has gotta happen. I adore hummus. I pretty much could eat it by the spoonful. Solo. ;)
    love,
    cathy b.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — March 7, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

Now those are some of my favorite flavors! Cilantro and lime were made for each other! Add it to hummus and that is just amazingness is a bowl!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — March 7, 2011 @ 12:55 pm

That looks gorgeous!! I always find that when I buy cilantro, the only option is to buy it in a big bundle and I can never use it all up before it goes bad. Hummus sounds like a great idea!

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 1:05 pm

Same here!

Kelly — March 7, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

Wow, this looks great! Where did you find that Persian Lime Olive Oil?

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — March 7, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

This is a sign!! Just yesterday, I was thinking about trying to make an herbed hummus using cilantro. Now I know it’s possible and delicious. PERFECT!!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — March 7, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

I LOVE hummus. In fact, I think on Saturday I had hummus four separate times. So maybe I love it a little TOO much.

carolinebee — March 7, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

Deeeelish! I don’t have a food processor which is becoming a serious problem!! Nothing a little TJ’s action won’t solve, thank goodness :) (ahemmm Tuscan white bean hummus, hollaaa!) Yesterday it hit like, 57 in Boston….SOOOO time for sangria!! :D

Fallon — March 7, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

Nice and refreshing for the summer days we will soon be experiencing.

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — March 7, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

LOVE white bean hummus and my recipe is almost identical- simple and delicious! My fiance is the same way with hummus. He devours it in like 2 sittings and I’m lucky if he’ll let me dip a single chip in. Stingy!

Kristen@PrettySweet — March 7, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

In the last year I have completely fallen in love with cilantro! I can’t get my husband to fall, too, though, but I’m not giving up. Hummus is always a win in my book and this version looks like a Big Time Win. As someone else said, the flavors would be similar to a chimichurri sauce, which is fantastic!

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 1:17 pm

I don’t even know what chimichurri sauce is!

• Kristen@PrettySweet — March 7th, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

I didn’t know what it was until last summer, when we ate it during a medical mission trip to Nicaragua. It’s like a pesto made with cilantro and it’s usually served with meat. It’s wonderful on beef! I made some after we got home and then froze serving sizes in an ice cube tray for later. =)

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

It sounds delicious!

Nicole, RD — March 7, 2011 @ 1:16 pm

YUM! That sounds delicious, and super healthy :) I love anything with cilantro and anything dipable!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 7, 2011 @ 1:20 pm

I’ll take a margarita also! I love white bean hummus.

Katrina — March 7, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

I loooove white bean hummus! This looks awesome :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) — March 7, 2011 @ 1:39 pm

This looks amazing! Lime and Cilantro are a match made in heaven.

jenna laughs — March 7, 2011 @ 1:46 pm

Oh my goodness! Love this! I am a huge fan of limes and cilantro – like the rice from Chipotle. Be still my heart.

shannon — March 7, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

LOVE cilantro & lime together. I have some persian lime olive oil too… it’s perfect for hummus and I also love it in rice.

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — March 7, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

THat does sound like fate!

rebecca lustig — March 7, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

to.die.for. MUST try this recipe!

Jenny — March 7, 2011 @ 2:25 pm

I love the freshness that cilantro and lime brings to ANY dish! This looks fab!

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries — March 7, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

Cilantro and lime is one of my favorite combos!! This sounds delish! :)

Eunice — March 7, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

Cilantro lime anything is alright by me!

Cara — March 7, 2011 @ 2:47 pm

Love hummus! I also love the addition of the lime! This sounds wonderful and it is very pretty!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 7, 2011 @ 2:52 pm

Cilantro and lime are two of my favourite flavours EVER!!!! I will definitely be making this dip!

Caitlin — March 7, 2011 @ 2:58 pm

That last line just killed me.

Amanda — March 7, 2011 @ 3:08 pm

I have never made hummus.. but you make it look so good and so easy!!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — March 7, 2011 @ 3:13 pm

Oh yum!! I love White Bean hummus:)

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — March 7, 2011 @ 3:18 pm

This recipe is brilliant!! :) I love cilantro, lime AND hummus! I have tried this combo before, but I don’t think I put enough in it!!!

thehealthyapron — March 7, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

So I made the red velvet brownies (minus the red food coloring and frosting). Holy moly. I cut out the most centerpiece and savored every morsel last night! Good work :)

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

I am so glad you like them!

Natalia - a side of simple — March 7, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

I’ll totally eat cilantro if it comes with a cabana boy and a margarita :) Actually, I’ll probably eat any vegetable if it’s in the graces of such wonderful company…

• Jessica — March 7th, 2011 @ 7:33 pm

Yeah I might too… maybe.

Candace — March 7, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

Cilantro…lime….white beans….hummus. Inspired! This has to be fabulous! I’m going to make this for my next party. Thank you!

Jess — March 7, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

i feel myself being transported to warmer climates as i read this….

EatLiveRun — March 7, 2011 @ 3:33 pm

looks delicious! I usually just buy the trader joe’s hummus but will try this next time my craving hits!

Jason @ Shutter&Saute — March 7, 2011 @ 3:35 pm

This was just saved to my recipe folder… Never thought of adding cilantro to a hummus before. Looks great!

Sarah at The Rounded Teaspoon — March 7, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

What a duo: cilantro and lime. I can’t wait to try this. Thank you.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: This Week’s Favorites | SnackFace

2. Pingback: White Bean Hummus Soup

3. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #48…Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus « Ella Rose Entertaining

4. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #48 – Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus « Ella Rose Entertaining

5. Pingback: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner « Coconut Chronicles

6. Pingback: 5 Healthy Lunch Ideas | The Flavorful Fork Personal Chef Service (Serving South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware)

7. Pingback: Back to Food! « Salaams

8. Pingback: beckyperry.us » Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus

9. Pingback: Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus | oompy.com

10. Pingback: Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus | OOMPY

11. Pingback: The Novice Chef » Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus

12. Pingback: : Recipe Round Up : Superbowl Sunday | What Happens After Five

13. Pingback: Super Bowl Monday « Me, the Enigma

14. Pingback: A taste of the Super Bowl « Me, the Enigma

15. Pingback: Make Merry: Mexican Fiesta Game Night | The Fete Blog

16. Pingback: recipe of the week [cilantro lime hummus] « matt ♥ hannah

17. Pingback: Not Alone. « Into the Desert

18. Pingback: cilantro lime white bean hummus « HummusAmongUs.

19. Pingback: Bean cilantro | Myspacelayoutw

20. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Hummus and a Dinner Party |

21. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Hummus | The Pajama Chef

22. Pingback: Easy Black Bean Dip | Black Bean Dip Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

23. Pingback: Cilantro Lime White Bean Dip Recipe | Doomestic ProductionsDoomestic Productions

24. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Jalapeno Hummus - A Kitchen Addiction