Tonight.

1. We ate at a church fish fry. It was delicious. And very 1995 of us.

2. We finished the pan of these. Roll me to bed, please.

3. We threw away a bag of these. I bought them last week. They sort of make me want to vomit.

Greens and me… we just don’t mesh. (They also don’t expire for a year. Seaweed that old is just… wrong.)

47 Responses to “Tonight.”

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 25, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

Fun! A fish fry! Yeah I wondered about that seaweed stuff. Oh well, good try. At least your belly is happy with the fish and chocolate. I would call that a good night! Thanks for your comment today. You are so sweet!

Laur — March 25, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

Other people raved about the seaweed snacks! I tried one and it was like a communion wafer stuck to my tongue with no flavor!

Melanie — March 25, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

I saw these and was going to try them to satisfy my curiosity but I think you just helped me with that. LOL

Dana — March 25, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

When I saw that you bought those seaweed snacks in your grocery haul post I had a feeling that they would end up in the trash bin lol

• Jessica — March 25th, 2011 @ 9:46 pm

LOL!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — March 25, 2011 @ 9:41 pm

Ooh I love a good fish fry. Haven’t been to one in a long time though!

I’ve seen those seaweed snacks around the blog world and I just can’t believe that they taste good!

Julie @ Shining From Within — March 25, 2011 @ 9:42 pm

Ewww! Seaweed!? You should be buying bacon girl!

• Jessica — March 25th, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

I know. I know.

*Andrea* — March 25, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

i’ve never been a HUGE fan of sushi so i haven’t bought those snacks yet but i swear every other blogger is obsessed with them… i have a feeling i’d agree with you though..

if i had to design one sweet treat to eat the rest of my life, i’m pretty sure i’d chose those oreo cookie brownie bars you made!! (or the peanutbutter chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake from cheesecake factory) ;)

• Jessica — March 25th, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

I like sushi, but these taste like…well… the freaking SEA. Go figure.

• *Andrea* — March 26th, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

ickk sounds nasty

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — March 25, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

I love fish fries! :)

Andrea@Vegvacious — March 25, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

I love that you attended a fish fry – we live in a rural community that has them twice a year! I used to love them when I ate meat and we still go once in a while and my husband just eats most of mine! I’ve never seen seaweed snacks before but I think I prefer things like dark chocolate and popcorn :-)

Lisa — March 25, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

I love seaweed salad and sushi but hated those seaweed snacks! Mine went in the trash too. Oh and that pan of chocolate deliciousness would have been finished hours ago here :)

Alaina — March 25, 2011 @ 11:47 pm

Eww..yeah, I’m with you on the seaweed. I’m usually pretty adventurous when it comes to food, but even that’s too much for me.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 25, 2011 @ 11:57 pm

Next time you don’t like something like seaweed, check with me first. I’d be more than happy to take them off your hands. And there’s nothing more 1995’ish than a fish fry.. unless you go to a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning.

Gen — March 26, 2011 @ 6:52 am

Fish fry sounds like fun!!! :D
    Too bad about the seaweed snacks….at least you had chocolate though!
    Hope you have a great weekend.

MelissaNibbles — March 26, 2011 @ 7:01 am

Thank you for being honest. I keep seeing these on every blog and people saying they taste “JUST LIKE POTATO CHIPS!!!” No. Potato chips taste like potato chips.

Erin — March 26, 2011 @ 7:08 am

I live on Okinawa and seaweed is everywhere. I’ve tried it and the verdict is…disgusting. In any form.

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — March 26, 2011 @ 8:54 am

HAHAHA, I think I’m with ya on this one! I don’t mind seaweed in Sushi, but I don’t find it anywhere near appetizing to snack on… ;)

Emily Drew — March 26, 2011 @ 9:37 am

I was just looking at those seaweed snacks last weekend. Thanks for stepping up and taking one for the team.

Jenny — March 26, 2011 @ 9:58 am

We bought those a little bit ago and everyone thought they tasted like old socks. GROSS stuff. I don’t know who would enjoy that stuff.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 26, 2011 @ 10:21 am

Fried fish sounds so good!

Caroline — March 26, 2011 @ 10:32 am

Every recipe I have seen on your blog makes me sooo hungry!!!! Everything looks amazing! How do you come up with half of the ideas? (except for the seaweed..I am up for new things, but that does seem a bit strange…unless wrapping sushi)

Maria — March 26, 2011 @ 10:57 am

I tried Kale chips the other day, and I had to throw them away. Maybe it was the flavor that I picked out (salt & vinegar). I’ve tried seaweed chips before, and they were pretty gross. My sister and I are going out for a fish fry next Friday. We’re not grandma’s I swear!

• Jessica — March 26th, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

I actually love kale chips, but I make them myself.

Jess — March 26, 2011 @ 11:57 am

oh i love the roasted seaweed snack! my husband hates it though, and thinksit tastes sort of fishy…

Kim in MD — March 26, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

Ewww…dried seaweed? Yuck! What in the world is the green stuff in the package on the right? That looks like something wierd, too! ;-)

• Jessica — March 26th, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

That IS the seaweed Kim!! Yucky.

• Kim in MD — March 26th, 2011 @ 7:26 pm

Ewww…I thought you were talking about the roasted seaweed (the package on the left)! I thought maybe the green stuff on the right was seaweed salad? The kind that you drizzle sesame oil on and serve with sushi? I can eat it that way (served with tuna sushi with wasabi and pickled ginger).

Mindy — March 26, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

I tried seaweed snacks recently too and they were gross. After I forced myself to finish one, I threw away the package.

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — March 26, 2011 @ 2:20 pm

I don’t know why, but I am totally in love with those seaweed snacks… you def have to be in the mood for them. B isn’t a fan.

Jessica — March 26, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

I too, bought those seaweed snacks and they were so nasty. I threw out the package too…. why eat those when there’s so many better things to eat.

Marcee .... ILLINOIS — March 26, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

Jessica …..

A fish-fry is fun! (Difficult to say fast!)

On the other hand, seaweed …. NO thank you. A century (or so) ago, I did purchase that stuff. Like I said …. long-long ago. Goodbye sw. Ick.

We do buy California Rolls from time-to-time. Often I pick-out the wet flattened sw. My opinion …. unappetizing. The combo of other flavors are fine w/the spices/light soy.

Gotta love all these funny/sweet posts ~

YOU GO GALS ….. Chelsey! Jess! Mary!

Everyone has unique tastebuds.

Maranda — March 26, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

Yum…fish fry…

I don’t think I could enjoy those seaweed snacks either. I do love sushi though.

Kristi@eatdrinkloveandexercise — March 26, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

I bought that same seaweed… took a bite… and threw it away.

Lauren@LittleYellowKitchen — March 27, 2011 @ 1:36 pm

When I saw that seaweed as part of your grocery store trip a few posts back, i almost warned you. So sorry I didn’t now because I did the exact same thing! Nastyyyy stuff if you ask me.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 27, 2011 @ 3:16 pm

I bought those seaweed snacks a few weeks back and almost gagged as well. My 2 year old daughter did gag. And proceeded to wipe her tongue off with her napkin. Disgusting.

justine — March 27, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

you’re funny – i looooovvvvveeee those seaweed things from trader joes!

Misa — March 28, 2011 @ 10:36 am

As a half Korean, I’ve eaten seaweed all my life. I’ve personally grown up snacking on them but ah…we usually eat it with a little rice, not by itself. Not all seaweed is created equal either.

Taylor @ Delish World — March 28, 2011 @ 11:58 am

I bought these a few weeks ago and threw them out after one bite. I tend to like all the “weird” food, but this just didn’t fly.

Rosie — March 28, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

I would have gladly taken the roasted seaweed off your hands!!

Renee — March 28, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

That seaweed has to be one of the ickiest things I’ve eaten! Someone brought them to work, so we all tried it, I should have known better when I brought it up to my mouth it smelled like rotten fish, the rest of the day I spent ridding THAT taste out of my mouth. I will say it’s an aquired taste for sure, proud of you that enjoy it, I will not EVER again!

Alexis @ There She Goes — March 31, 2011 @ 9:23 am

Ugh, I bought those things too- I ate one and felt like I could taste seaweed in my mouth for three days straight

Lissa — April 1, 2011 @ 11:12 am

HAHA. I just bought those seaweed snacks at Trader Joe’s a couple of weeks ago. Finally opened them two nights ago and YUCK. I ate one, my husband ate like 1/4 of one, and the rest went in the trash!

Jody — April 1, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

This is really funny – my 5 year old eats a package of these every day – he can’t get enough of it! I am a fan too…but he LOVES them!

Rachael — April 9, 2011 @ 8:22 pm

Yeah, I’m one of the weird ones. I loved those stupid seaweed things. I’m waiting to head back to TJ’s to buy stock in them because I ate the whole package in 5 seconds flat. I know. Sorry.