I have a new addiction.

Said addiction is soft. And fluffy. And dense. And hot. And easy. And delicious when dipped in thick homemade smoked cheddar sauce. Maybe even better when dipped in bone suckin’ mustard.

Head on over to Tasty Kitchen and see the super simple step-by-step. I may have only made a handful of rolls… and then made soft pretzel bites with the rest. Maybe.

78 Responses to “Soft Pretzel Rolls.”

Mandy Schneider — April 20, 2011 @ 12:30 am

Hi! Gosh darn I love your blog!!! I tried this recipe today and they didnt work out so great ..my dough was so sticky..do you have any idea what I did wrong??? Thank you so much and do you have a print button that im missing?
    Mandy

• Jessica — April 20th, 2011 @ 10:44 am

Hi Mandy! Did you make any changes to the recipe and add the dough balls to the boiling water? It’s okay if the dough is a little stick as long as the rolls come out!

And my current print plugin for WordPress is on the fritz. Can’t get it to work for the life of me. However my site is going live with a redesign shortly so it will all be fixed! :)

• Mandy Schneider — April 20th, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

I followed the recipe to the T ..:( ..they were a huge sticky mess but I still boiled them..they tasted delicious but they looked weird lol….they had a dutch crust top
        Mandy

• Samantha — April 29th, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

I added a little extra flour to mine and the stickiness went away immediately. It was really humid/raining when I made them so maybe that was the problem.

Kristy @ Sweet Treats and More — April 20, 2011 @ 10:08 pm

These are in my oven and I can’t wait to bite into one (or four)! They were so easy, i hope they taste as delicious as they look!

Abby — April 24, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

I recently had pretzel rolls as the bun on my burger at a restaurant and have been wanting to make them ever since! These are SO on my list for this week!

Lesley — April 28, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

I made this and they were fabulous! All of my friends were jealous of my dinner last night. My first baked good with yeast!

Side note: I would never advocate dunking one of these into a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup. It’s gross, hideously disgusting. ;)

I kid.

Samantha — April 29, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

OMG these were amazing! AND this was my second attempt at bread making of any kind so I am very excited that they worked. The step by step pictures helped a lot!

Monica — May 3, 2011 @ 7:14 am

They looks so delicious! They are perfect with a glass of cold milk and some chocolate cream. They will make the perfect breakfast.

Brittney — May 23, 2011 @ 9:55 am

I made these this weekend and they were awesome!! They were the perfect item for grilling out on the first sunny weekend in Pittsburgh all year.

Joe — September 19, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

Wow,
    I absolutely LOVE pretzel rolls. I first got a taste of these wonders at Colonial Wiliamsburg in Virginia. They sell them as a snack during the day at the Kings Arm Tavern, around back in the bakery. They go wonderfully with their gourmet Ginger Ale. Incredible snack. I actually went through 10 of their pretzel rolls in one day. I bought a few, my two teenage daughters and my wife scarfed them up from me and I had to go back to the bakery and buy up the remainder of what they had. I think we all powered through about 8 to 10 of them each in one afternoon. They are so good they are almost addicting! LOL I then found that Whole Foods Market’s also sell them and they are almost identical to the ones sold in Williamsburg which are very much like the ones sold by Millers Bakery up in Wisconsin. Millers website says they are going to sell them on-line in the fall of 2011. Can’t come fast enough. I imagine I will have a revolving account with them and will have a weekly supply sent every so often. One of the tastiest snacks (and relatively low in fat) that you can consume and they are OH SO GOOD!!!! I have never tried to make them at home myself, maybe I will try your recipe. Thanks so much. God bless.

Katie — February 27, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

Oh little Mrs. Jessica. Once again you have outdone yourself. After a late night out on Saturday, these were a fantastic treat to make my husband (and me) smile. Right from the oven into several mustards, there was no time to make sandwiches from these guys! Maybe tonight though…that or a beer cheese dip might take Monday for the win!

Amanda Helling — July 3, 2012 @ 3:50 am

My father’s girlfriend just bought me a kitchen aid stand mixer! It was used 5 times so she got it from a friend for a great deal… I go to pick it up in a few weeks. This will be the first thing I make!!