With everything else we can do in this world, there still is not a dishwasher that can unload itself? Seriously.

78 Responses to “[almost] Wordless Wednesday: My Most Hated Chore.”

Jenn D. — May 12, 2011 @ 9:04 am

Count yourself lucky you have a dishwasher! The new apartment we’re moving to in Shadyside in August won’t have one!

Jane B — May 12, 2011 @ 9:22 am

I’d just love a dishwasher to start with…it’s been four years since I’ve had one. My husband also seems to be under the impression I AM the dishwasher…

katie — May 12, 2011 @ 9:39 am

i am so glad to know i am not the only one who loathes this task. i would clean a million toilets over unloading the dishwasher. UGH.

Alli — May 12, 2011 @ 9:52 am

After 7+ years of kitchens without dishwashers, I know that there have been evenings where I’ve pulled a Scarlett O’Hara and been all, “I’ll never complain about unloading again!”

clkdayton — May 12, 2011 @ 9:58 am

that’s so funny! that is my least favorite chore too!! i seriously BEG my husband to do it for me lol

Dana@TheSundaySweet — May 12, 2011 @ 10:22 am

Is it weird that I like to handwash everything? Dishwasher’s give me the willies. I think this might just be an ocd, that I am just now realizing I have. haha! I do hate drying them though :)

Brittany — May 12, 2011 @ 10:22 am

I don’t mind loading the dishwasher – this is only because I lived a house without a dishwasher for two years. :)

cindy — May 12, 2011 @ 10:22 am

In my ‘old’ house I didn’t have a dishwasher, plans to remodel the kitchen never went past ‘plans’ because the house was built in the early 1900′s. To redo the galley shaped kitchen it would not make way for a dishwasher. I never minded washing dishes, it was a soothing task for me.

When we decided to build a new home, the first thing my hubby said was ‘This house WILL have a dishwasher!’ Then he looked nervously at me. I guess he didn’t find the same solitude in washing dishes as I did………….

But honestly I’d go back to that house in a second.

Jess — May 12, 2011 @ 10:48 am

ug, i hate unloading the dishwasher! it’s my least favorite chore. booo

Aimee Shugarman — May 12, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

We have a deal in our house. The dishwasher runs every evening after dinner. It is my husbands job to empty the clean dishes sometime in the evening or early morning before work. In our house the one who cooks the other has to do dishes. Unless he wants a pile of dishes on the counter and in the sink, it’s in his best interest to leave me an empty dishwasher to fill throughout the day.

It really works well for us!
    -Aimee

Edie — May 12, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

I’ll trade you – I’ll empty your dishwasher. You vacuum my floors.

Abby — May 12, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Yup. It’s one of mine, too. Actually, I hate them all.

Susan — May 12, 2011 @ 7:04 pm

I cut a deal with my family – I hand wash my own dishes after I use them, I don’t touch that goddamned dishwasher. HATE emptying it!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — May 12, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

I prefer laundry that folds itself

Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking — May 15, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

omg, i hate emptying the dishwasher too, it’s soooooooo annoying!
    and that is why i have delegated this task to my husband, and i do the dishes, i just can’t empty it.

PixieStick — May 16, 2011 @ 4:03 am

I used to despise doing dishes, as well. But then I started looking at it in a different way. A dishwasher fully loaded with clean dishes waiting to be unloaded means two things. 1). you dirtied enough dishes to fill it up. in the process you made delicious food and shared it with the people you love. 2). now that your dishwasher is empty, you can take on a new dish dirtying recipe. which will give you more delicious food to share with people you love. seems like a win-win to me. :0>.

Halle G — May 16, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

That’s why you have children…eventually after wiping their hind ends for X number of years..you can put that on their chore chart! HA!

Maranda — May 19, 2011 @ 12:47 pm

I’m the same way! I hate unloading the dishwasher. I don’t mind filling it…but unloading is awful!