I hate to be a cliché, but yeah… I totally am.

It’s just that I adore Mexican food. And with Cinco de Mayo coming up and the fact that Wednesdays are perfect for sangria (did you know??)… well let’s just say that cold margaritas and crisp tacos and salty tortilla chips get me all hot and bothered. Take me out for Mexican and you.will.have.a.good.time.

Too much?

Anywho, I hate to admit it but I’m a bit of a guac snob. Don’t even try to mess with my cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, tomato and lime. Unless you are pushing it out of the way to hand me that necessary tequila shot.

But this past weekend I added mango. You know, that fruit that is juicy and sugary sweet in season or foul and sour when it isn’t ripe for the pickin’? Yes, that one. What’s that? You don’t like it? Well my friend, try and try again. I promise after buying $576 worth of mangos, you will eventually get a delicious one that will change your mind. Or maybe those things just happen to me. If all else fails, simply let it die in your crisper drawer for at least three weeks. Just when you think it is rotting away, it will be squishy and succulent and taste like candy.

Per.

Fect.

Then chop it up with some green stuff.

Mango Guacamole

makes about 1 1/2 cups

4 ripe avocados

1 medium tomato, chopped

1/2 cup chopped mango

1/3 cup chopped red onion

1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

juice of 2 limes

a big bunch of cilantro

Remove avocado meat and combine in a bowl with tomato, jalapeno, onion, mango and a bunch of torn cilantro. Add salt, pepper and lime juice and mix/mash until desired consistency is reached.

Okay. No more Mexican recipes until… tomorrow.

128 Responses to “Mango Guacamole.”

Feast on the Cheap — May 4, 2011 @ 11:26 am

I love adding mango to guac – gives it that sweet kick I crave…

Amanda — May 4, 2011 @ 11:35 am

All of your mexican recipes are getting me so excited :) I am just like you…I think I was born mexican in another life! I can’t wait to add one of my favorite fruits to one of my favorite dips! YUM! Have a great cinco de mayo!

Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries — May 4, 2011 @ 11:45 am

Oh you and your tropical recipes! They make me want to escape NYC and go to my Florida hometown and drink a corona with lime! And look at hot dudes in board shorts. The business suits in Manhattan are only hot for so long :)

Riki — May 4, 2011 @ 11:54 am

Have you tried adding tequila right into your guac?? It’s Fantastic, my favorite “secret” ingredient!!

Val — May 4, 2011 @ 12:21 pm

This sounds delicious & I can’t wait to try it! Did you know that if you save the pit of the avacado and put it in your guac, it helps to keep the guac from getting extra green/brown?!

• Jessica — May 4th, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

I do! :)

Amy @ A Little Nosh — May 4, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

Hmm…not sure how I feel about this. I love mango, and I love guac, but I feel weird combining them.

Heather from Snacktive — May 4, 2011 @ 12:33 pm

I love mangos and guacamole! The combination would be amazing!

Ashley — May 4, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

Oooh, something about that last photo that I just love. Rustic! Looks delish!

Nicole (the other one) — May 4, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

You need to come to Cleveland and eat at Momocho. They have like 15 different kinds of gauc and you can order a sampler plater. It’s the best way to try out new versions without committing :-)

• Jessica — May 4th, 2011 @ 12:55 pm

My brother lives in Cleveland… putting it on the list! :)

• Nicole (the other one) — May 4th, 2011 @ 1:16 pm

In that case, you should also know they have a margarita sampler ;-)

Andrea @ Vegvacious — May 4, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

The finished product looks amazing! I have to admit I’m a little skeptical because I too am a guac snob, however I’ll try it if you say so!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — May 4, 2011 @ 2:07 pm

I used my first mango of the season today. I vote for an entire blog dedicated to your Mexican recipes!

Michelle @ A Voracious Appetite — May 4, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

Yum, I love mango but always have the hardest time cutting it. Any tips?

Katrina — May 4, 2011 @ 2:51 pm

I can’t knock this until I’ve tried it. It sounds super interesting though!

Alaina — May 4, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

I love your enthusiasm for Cinco de Mayo. Sometimes I think it’s a lost holiday. But you definitely revive it. :-)

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — May 4, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

So, I had tacos twice this week and now totally feel okay about it because I forgot that tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo! I’ve just been celebrating all week!

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — May 4, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Sounds like a fabulous combination. Share all the Mexican recipes you wish. I love Mexican food! :)

Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit — May 4, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

wahhhh this will be PERFECT for our cinco de mayo celebration tomorrow! thanks girl!

Yum Yucky — May 4, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

It’s totally your fault I gotta go out to buy tortilla chips now. Pronunciation: Tor-tillla. (same “L” sound like Godzilla)

• Jessica — May 4th, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

That is exactly how my grandma really DID pronounce it.

Ashlie — May 4, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

We’ve got your cripsy margarita tacos on the menu for tonight, and I believe this may just be added as well!!! Now how about a recipe for the Sangria you mention….? :D

• Jessica — May 4th, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Let me know how you liked the tacos! :)

Moni'sMeals — May 4, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

yes to this! I also just posted 1 of 2 Guacamole recipes that I use. One that is similiar to this is with a lot of fruit. Tis the best, right? No fail recipe!

Erin — May 4, 2011 @ 4:41 pm

well, this is a combination of some of my favorite foods, so i’m excited! but will you pretty, pretty please post that delicious looking dessert recipe this week, you tease? i may or may not be stalking your site continually for it.

• Jessica — May 4th, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

It’s coming!

Alice C. — May 4, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

Ooo! I’ve had mango salsa (tomatoes, mangos, lime, cilantro, chopped red onion), which is delicious. But I’ve never tried mango guacamole!

Serena — May 4, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

For me, guacamole is always Wholly Guacamole. Always, because I’m kind of scared honestly to make guacamole. This recipe makes me want to make some guac a little more :)

Vicki — May 4, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

OMG! Guac and mangoes are currently my 2 favorite things – definitely will be trying this!

Blond Duck — May 4, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

I could eat my weight in guacamole.

Sherry G — May 4, 2011 @ 7:49 pm

Guacamole is above all my favorite thing about Mexican food. I have never added mango because I’m wary of preparing it. I need to work up some guts!

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — May 4, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

I make one with pineapple that you have gooooot to try if you like pineapple even a little! haha! I’m totally going to give this a try next time I have a mango on hand! =) I know i’ll love it! <3

Eileen — May 4, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

This sounds delicious! I adore mangos and I love avacado, so this sounds like the perfect combination. Thanks for all of your wonderful and inspiring recipes :)

Cookin' Canuck — May 4, 2011 @ 9:06 pm

What an original guacamole. This would be devoured within minutes in our house.

Kim in MD — May 5, 2011 @ 9:45 am

Holy guacamole…that looks delicious! I hate to admit that I am a guacamole snob, too. So much so that I don’t even add tomatoes to mine. Just avocado, lime juice, red onion, serrano chilies, cilantro and kosher salt.

That said, I happen to have a mango in the fridge, as well as the rest of the makings for this recipe…hmmmm- I think I hear my lunch calling me! ;-)

Jeff — May 5, 2011 @ 2:42 pm

My guacamole recipe is very similar, but I add in chili powder, garlic salt, cumin,
    But most importantly, crispy , chopped up bacon! It is the most obvious left out ingredient that I am laying claim to. One slice of bacon per avocado.

Anon — May 5, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

This isn’t guacamole, but it looks like a great dip.

Itzi — May 5, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

Woooow, I´m going to try that, it seems awesome. I love mangos and I love guacamole. Thank you for the discovery

Ada Ortiz — May 5, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

Love avocadoes and mango together! My Mom and my sister make an amazing avocado and mango salsa that is so delish! The chunkier the better :)

Happy When Not Hungry — May 5, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

I’ve never tried adding mango to guacamole… great idea! Will def have to try this!

Kim@ The Future Dr. B-S — May 6, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

I made this last night and it was SO GREAT!!! My friends devoured it in two seconds and asked if I had made any extra!

kaceyt — May 6, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

i’ve enjoyed reading your blog for a few weeks now and finally used a couple of your recipes last night for a cinco de mayo dinner! this guacamole was absolutely perfect on your crispy shrimp tacos! thanks for the delicious recipes!

soy — May 7, 2011 @ 6:28 am

love the color!!!! :)

Destini — May 12, 2011 @ 11:20 am

Oh the mango adds a great touch! I will be making this when I have company over this weekend!!!!

Elle — May 17, 2011 @ 10:33 am

I’ve never thought of adding mango to guacamole, but…YUM!

Bizzy — June 2, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

I think mango is a fantastic addition. Your photos are gorgeous. I think anything you make is going to be beautiful and make us want to make it.

Mary Seo — September 17, 2014 @ 10:01 am

Mango and avocado…two of my most favorite foods! Looks awesome :)

1. Pingback: Eating Italian on Cinco de Mayo « 321delish

2. Pingback: Great Grub

3. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #69 – Mango Guacamole « Ella Rose Entertaining

4. Pingback: Mango Guacamole « Brownies and Zucchini

5. Pingback: Grilled Guacamole | Two Peas & Their Pod

6. Pingback: Guacamole Bruschetta Recipe | Bruschetta Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

7. Pingback: Spicy Fish Tacos with Mango Guacamole | Ambitious Kitchen

8. Pingback: Get Cooking With These 39 Mexican Appetizer Recipes - Top Appetizer Recipes

9. Pingback: グアカモーレを食べる21の画期的な方法 | 健康に良い食事・悪い食事とは・・専門家が説明します!

10. Pingback: グアカモーレを食べる21の画期的な方法 | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード

11. Pingback: 19 Fun Ways to Eat Homemade Guacamole | Guacamole Recipes - Homemade Recipes

12. Pingback: グアカモーレを食べる21の画期的な方法 | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード

13. Pingback: 21 Fun Guacamole Recipes DIY Ready | DIY Projects | Crafts - DIY Ready | DIY Projects | Crafts