Once upon a time I combined chocolate and peanut butter.

Luckily for you, it was yesterday. Yesterday!

Luckily for me too. Not luckily for my thighs. Not luckily for the 7 bikinis in my drawer that haven’t seen the light of day since this website began. But who wants to think about spandexy strings? Not I.

I would like to think about chocolate and peanut butter married into a fudgy cookie. And the tequila sitting on my counter begging to be made into another margarita. And the brie in my fridge waiting to be melted with cocoa fig spread. And this nail polish. Want.

Good news: I was swept off my feet yesterday. Not by my husband, who grilled chicken in an 80s-worthy tank top and boxers with teeth on them. Not by my DVR… which somehow froze on a Dancing with the Stars shirtless Maks scene. Anyone have some super glue remover for my eyes? Oh, and I need a new DVR… or not.

But whatever… I was swept off my feet by a massive chocolate craving. Cho. Co. Late.

It would be nice to say I handled this with a solitary square of the dark stuff after dinner, but yeah… I’m not wired that way. If you are… you’re sort of a freak. And I’m just being a mean girl because I’m jealous. And posses no self control.

I love freaks and would totally bake you a batch of these cookies though. Or you could just bake one yourself. It might get to you quicker. And it won’t be half eaten.

Peanut butter + cocoa powder + melted chocolate + chocolate chips = pure bliss. Did you know?

Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies

makes 30-40 cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups flour

1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)

1 heaping teaspoon of baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted

1 cup milk chocolate chips

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add in melted semi-sweet chocolate and mix until just combined.

Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 4-6 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop large mounds of dough (about 2 tablespoons worth) and place on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Off to spend the rest of my life (or 30 minutes) on the treadmill. Cookies for breakfast what?

P.S. -> you can win some of my red velvet brownies here!

154 Responses to “Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies.”

bridget {bake at 350} — May 15, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

I know what I’m making this week!!!

Amy — May 15, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

i just put the dough in the fridge. Yes i realize i will be baking these at 9 tonight, but i DONT CARE!! i cant wait.! :)

How come they have to go in the fridge for so long anyway?? just curious!

Cookbook Queen — May 15, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

Um.

What is this bikini thing you speak of? Sound scary.

I AM however, VERY familiar with peanut butter, chocolate, and cookies. But…I had better try out this recipe. Just in case.

All in the name of research of course. (and in case you didn’t know, research calories totally don’t count. Duh.)

Sarah_Mac — May 15, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

Mine are in the oven right now! Smells absolutely delicious in my apartment :D Just to let you know, I’ve been reading your blog for a while, and I cook a lot of your recipes and feed my grandmother, who isn’t capable of doing much in the kitchen anymore. And she enjoys your food a lot, and me too! We enjoyed the chicken and brie soup a lot. Keep blogging!

Megan — May 15, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

Just made these for my work picnic on Tues. Hope they last that long…

shaffy — May 16, 2011 @ 8:06 am

*homer-simpson-drool*

’nuff said. heh.

Julia — May 16, 2011 @ 9:37 am

I made these yesterday and used half chocolate chips / half peanut butter chips! They were fantastic! :-)

Nida — May 17, 2011 @ 11:16 pm

I just made these. While the dough is delicious, the cookies were a bit on the hard side. I prefer chewy cookies. They taste good, so if you like that, go for it. Just thought I’d put this here for the people thinking of making these.

Subbed half PB and half choc chips. Turned out great.

Lindsey — May 18, 2011 @ 3:04 am

Made these yesterday……..pure bliss, like a brownie in a cookie, it doesn’t get any better, thank you Jessica!

Brandi B — May 19, 2011 @ 2:54 am

You are evil. And I like it! These will definitely be made this weekend.

Casey — June 4, 2011 @ 10:35 am

I just made these today!! Gonna post them on my blog tomorrow :) take a peek if you’ve got a chance

rhiannon — June 6, 2011 @ 4:09 am

What a delicious recipe! Mine are chilling right now…Only did half a batch as I’m attempting to loose weight…(but now I’m following your blog so I don’t know if that’s going to work out!) Featured your recipe on my blog:

Yum.

Denise — July 12, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

Hi Jessica. These look amazing! I am actually making them tomorrow night to take to work on Thursday. Wednesdays are my baking days. Watch out if I don’t bring something in, I have the staff trained! LOL I have a question: I either have to leave the dough in the fridge way longer than 6 hours, or less than 2. I was wondering which would be better? Thank you very much and keep the goodies coming. You do an awesome job!

• Jessica — July 12th, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

6+ hours is definitely okay – the dough just may need to sit out at room temp for a few minutes before you can scoop them.

• Denise — July 12th, 2011 @ 5:40 pm

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! I really appreciate it. Have a great night!

• Jessica — July 12th, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

You’re welcome – let me know how they turn out!

Tinak — July 20, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

Just saw an episode of “Tough Cookies” on FoodNetwork and they were making a chocolate, fudge, peanut butter, carmel cookie. I found your recipe one line, so my daughter and I are going to try yours and add cut up rolo pieces on top of cookie, half-way through the cooking process. Can’t wait, who needs to fit into that bikini anyway??

Abbie — September 17, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

I know its absurd to ask a chef to change her/his perfect recipe, but my friend’s birthday is coming and I really want to make her some Triple chocolate cookies (her fav). But unfortunately she’s allergic to peanuts, which includes peanut butter (I can’t imagine life without peanut butter). So i was wondering if I can just omit the peanut butter. Will the recipe fall apart if I don’t add peanut butter?

Heather (The Menu Mama) — October 7, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

These are baking right now! I can’t wait to have one. Mixing them up reminded me of your chocolate pomegranate cookie recipe, which I can not wait to make again this holiday season!!!!!

Jordan — December 8, 2011 @ 1:04 am

These are delicious!!! I don’t normally like chocolate cookies but the fudge swirls and all the different types of chocolate really work, i think the secret is the peanut butter, GENIUS.

Thanks for the recipe!!!

Paula B. — January 20, 2012 @ 10:16 am

Cold and snowy here today so these somehow seemed like just the ticket to take care of a “chcolate fix”. What a great recipe, loving how the p.b. combines in the chocolate batter – where has this recipe been all my life??? So many possibilities for add-ins too, Heath toffee bits, white chocolate chips, etc.

Lauren — June 14, 2012 @ 7:59 am

Wow, I tried these the other day, so yummy! They are a lot like a recipe I made before except with peanut butter. It was really hard not to eat the cookie dough, you have to try this recipe. Also, I used an ungreased cookie sheet which is probably a good idea as opposed to greased because you don’t want the cookies to spread a lot.

Lauren — June 30, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

Loved these cookies, especially the fact they had both chocolate AND peanut butter- brilliant I might add. Mine did spread a lot and I’m not 100% sure why. I used ungreased cookie sheets and chilled the dough for like 5 hours so I might decrease the amount of butter next time to 3/4 cup to reduce the spreading. Very chocolaty and rich, will make again! Thanks for posting.

Claire — December 19, 2013 @ 10:40 am

Just took out first batch….YUM! Going to add this to my Christmas cookie baking list.

1. Pingback: so where were we « the edible perspective

2. Pingback: Just add… « k + v

3. Pingback: Chocolate+Chocolate+Chocolate+Peanut butter = :) « Beautiful Disasters

4. Pingback: what’s inside your package? | sarah learns

5. Pingback: Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies zomg. | FwE

6. Pingback: THE BEST COOKIES I’VE EVER MADE! « Hoping in God

7. Pingback: Cookies on a Tuesday Afternoon | Cooking My Self

8. Pingback: College Care Packages

9. Pingback: Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

10. Pingback: Sweet Pea's Kitchen » Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies

11. Pingback: Favourite Basic Recipes Part II: Crunchy Biscuits/Cookies | Actually Living

12. Pingback: Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies | Jasey's Crazy Daisy