Sometimes life is confusing.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes I howsweeteats.com

You know.

Do blueberries taste good in mojitos?

Wait, really… did I buy these skinny jeans?

Do people really drink that wine after squishing the grapes between their stubby toes? Really… ?

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes I howsweeteats.com

What’s gonna happen to Vincent Chase come September?

Do I want a cookie or a cupcake?

What was I smoking when I bought those jeans?

Can I get away with both a cookie and a cupcake?

How much longer must I ellipticize tomorrow if I have a cookie and a cupcake?

Or… two cookies.

And a cupcake.

?

Why didn’t the sales associate warn me that these skinny jeans came with the Fat Booth app built in?

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes I howsweeteats.com

Ahhh. Life is darling.

And since I’m not quite prepared to discuss jeans that make you shimmy and shake and turn water into wine just to get a leg in or the impending finish of Vincent Chase we’re going to chat about these cupcakes.

I like these cupcakes. They have split personalities.

I made them look cute with bright sprinkles in a non-orderly fashion. And even cuter with a chewy cookie chunk shoved atop their fat frosting. Because they deffffinitely needed more calories. They have a chocolate chip cookie butt too. I like I like I like.

They were made for thatguyIlivewith* who promptly ate three after his well-balanced lunch of a double burger + a side of protein bar. And thatguyIlivewith* ate seven burgers this weekend. I’m requesting a new life insurance policy for thatguyIlivewith.*

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes I howsweeteats.com

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Cupcakes

makes 18-20 cupcakes

cookie layer:

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside in a bowl.

Beat butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Line a muffin tin with liners and give each a quick spritz of non-stick spray. Using a spoon also sprayed with non-stick spray, press about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough into the bottom of each liner.

cake layer:

1/2 cup butter

1 cup white sugar

2 whole eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Using an ice cream scoop, drop batter on top of cookie dough mixture. Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

Top with you favorite frosting, sprinkles, and chocolate chip cookies.

Note: Vanilla frosting recipe HERE. I double the chocolate chip cookie recipe above and used the second half to bake cookies. That is what I threw on top of the frosting.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes I howsweeteats.com

*names have been changed to protect the innocent guilty.

167 Responses to “Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes.”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 11, 2011 @ 7:02 am

I did this recently but just used cake mix and pre-made cookie dough:-) Yours look fantastic!

Blond Duck — July 11, 2011 @ 7:09 am

I want sprinkles.

Becki@beckiswholelife — July 11, 2011 @ 7:11 am

OMG Jessica, these look absolutely delicious. I agree – who can choose between cookie or cupcake…its tough. Your frosting always looks so fluffy. Do you just whip the heck out of it, or do you use more butter than I do? Might have to try your recipe next time…it always looks so good!

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 7:15 am

I whip the heck out of it!! :)

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 11, 2011 @ 7:17 am

I’ll be making these for breakfast, lunch and dinner this entire week.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — July 11, 2011 @ 7:21 am

I can’t wait to make these. After my wedding dress fitting.

Nicole — July 11, 2011 @ 7:31 am

I think we need a bite shot. i wanna know what they look like inside!

• Sarah — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Yes, I was thinking the same thing!

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:57 am

I took a few but none of them turned out!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — July 11, 2011 @ 7:32 am

Thankfully I didn’t buy the skinny jeans. I must have known these were coming.

Rebecca — July 11, 2011 @ 7:33 am

Your frosting always looks so yummy on top –what do you do to get it it in those perfectly unperfect mounds?

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:57 am

I pipe it on with the tip that is just a big hole.

Sara — July 11, 2011 @ 7:34 am

Looks great! I’ve made a cookie dough stuffed cupcake before… you freeze the cookie dough before baking the cupcakes, that way it doesn’t get cooked all the way through. Kinda like a cookie dough blizzard. Man, now I want ice cream for breakfast.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — July 11, 2011 @ 7:35 am

sometimes split personalities are a good thing! Wow, I need one of these now.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — July 11, 2011 @ 7:40 am

The cupcakes look good, but do blueberries taste good in mojitos? That is something I need to try! It will be a hot one today, I think a little drink experimenting is in order!

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:57 am

Sounds like the perfect Monday to me.

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 11, 2011 @ 7:41 am

Who needs skinny jeans — I want cupcakes and cookies.

Erica — July 11, 2011 @ 7:45 am

mmm. I love the idea of a chocolate chip cookie bottom. I usually think the top of a cupcake is the best….but here it would certainly be the bottom. And this is a huge question in our house: What’s gonna happen to Vincent Chase come September?!

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:56 am

I KNOW!

Blog is the New Black — July 11, 2011 @ 7:45 am

HAHAHAHA. LOVE YOU.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — July 11, 2011 @ 7:49 am

ooh yum! often i can’t decide between chocolate and vanilla so these are perfect. ps. Thatguyyoulivewith might have a protein heart attack, so I think it would be wise for you to send all remaining cookie/cupcakes to me. just sayin’ ;)

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — July 11, 2011 @ 7:53 am

Apparently the layers of cookie, brownie and blondies were not enough ;) I challenge you to make a cheesecake, red velvet and super chocolate layer cake!

Oh, and I love the idea of using a cookie as a garnish! Too cute.

Cait's Plate — July 11, 2011 @ 7:57 am

Mmm these look awesome. I made a similar one only I stuffed a ball of chocolate chip cookie dough in the center of the cupcake. You really can’t beat cookies and cupcakes…and you should really never have to choose between the two ;)

Brynn — July 11, 2011 @ 7:59 am

These look amazing!! :) And now I want them for breakfast….

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — July 11, 2011 @ 8:07 am

Wow! Very creative!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 11, 2011 @ 8:19 am

ROFL!!! ” They have a Chocolate Chip Cookie butt, too.” Jessica, you’re hysterical!! And “Names have been changed to protein the innocent guilty.”
    What a wonderful way to start my morning, thank you so much! ;-)

Kate — July 11, 2011 @ 8:24 am

Yum. I think have of my clothes have a Fat Booth app built in – or maybe it’s my butt? Oh well, cupcakes and cookies all around!

Hayley @ Hayley Daily — July 11, 2011 @ 8:26 am

What a great idea!! Yum. Bookmarking. :)

Cookbook Queen — July 11, 2011 @ 8:32 am

These look PERFECT.

Gina — July 11, 2011 @ 8:35 am

I always ask myself what was I thinking? when I put on skinny jeans that looked amazing in the store and look bad at home. Those store mirrors are deceiving! But these coocake (a word I just made up for cookie+cupcake) pictures are not deceiving at all. I need this deliciousness in my life!

Lisa — July 11, 2011 @ 8:46 am

ahh, I saw something like this on the food network channel! It was one of those challenges. combining 2 of my favorite desserts, now I actually have a recipe for them :)
    the people who live with you are SOO lucky to get to eat all these tasty baked goods!! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — July 11, 2011 @ 8:46 am

I like anything with a split personality :-)

Sara E. — July 11, 2011 @ 8:47 am

I would love to see a bite shot of these :)

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:55 am

I took a few but none turned out!

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — July 11, 2011 @ 8:50 am

My husband wants to know if you can send him a thousand of these by tomorrow?

Sorry, he just changed his order to a million.

What can I say – he eats a lot.

But he can wear skinny jeans. So not fair.

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:55 am

Ugh. Men.

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — July 11, 2011 @ 8:52 am

I’m sure you already know this, but you are a genius!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — July 11, 2011 @ 9:01 am

Look at that frosting! I’d eat that on its own, no need to bother baking :)

Julie H. — July 11, 2011 @ 9:04 am

….Cookie, or cake?!?! ….That’s like margarita or wine?!?!!! Who can choose!!!

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Seriously!

Krystina (Organically Me) — July 11, 2011 @ 9:10 am

This is gluttony at its finest. I’ll take five.

mary (sisters running the kitchen) — July 11, 2011 @ 9:11 am

very cute written post and I love your creativity with this recipe!! looks so delicious and the fat scoop of frosting and chocolate chip cookie on top are def. necessary!

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 11, 2011 @ 9:28 am

OMG… thatguyyoulivewith is one lucky boy!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — July 11, 2011 @ 9:28 am

I just love your ideas. This one- the whole chocolate chip cookie in a cupcake thing- is a brilliant one!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — July 11, 2011 @ 9:31 am

Oh my gosh. You are the BEST! A Cupcake AND a Cookie?! You are so smart. :)

Kim in MD — July 11, 2011 @ 9:35 am

I am laughing so hard right now! “*names have been changed to protein the innocent guilty.” Haha!

This cupcake? Oh my gosh…everytime I think you have out-done yourself, you do it again! A cookie and a cupcake all in one? Genious! :-)

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — July 11, 2011 @ 9:36 am

A chewy chocolate chip bottom is the best thing I’ve heard of this Monday… Now if I can only have one (or three) of those cupcakes magically appear in front of me right now, my life would be perfect ;)

Emily @ A Cambridge Story — July 11, 2011 @ 9:37 am

Incredible!! I can’t make these because I would never actually stop eating them — but they look AMAZING.

Gen — July 11, 2011 @ 9:41 am

You are awesome! :D Definitely will be making these soon!!! Oooh and maybe a version with a pb cookie crust and chocolate cupcake?

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:54 am

YUM.

sherri lynn — July 11, 2011 @ 9:41 am

These look amazing!! I have been on the search for delicious dessert recipes to try for my birthday. Yes recipes in plural. It’s my birthday so I’m making as many desserts as I want!

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:53 am

As you should!

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories — July 11, 2011 @ 9:44 am

That Pinterest button at the top right is going to get a lot of use from me. Starting with these cupcakes. Yum!

Clare — July 11, 2011 @ 9:45 am

Ooh this looks dee-vine. Also, are two cookies and two cupcakes acceptable? Man I hope so.

Melanie — July 11, 2011 @ 9:51 am

C’mon girl……. cut into one of those bad boys. Bite shot! Bite shot! Bite shot!

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:53 am

hahah I did take a few, but none of them turned out!

DessertForTwo — July 11, 2011 @ 9:57 am

These look like the perfect cure for the Monday blues.

Who’s Vincent Chase? I’m so out of touch

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 9:58 am

Hehehe he’s the main character on Entourage. It’s ending this season.

Jen — July 11, 2011 @ 10:00 am

To “protein” the guilty? Lolz. The menwelivewith would seriously get along. By the way, nothing beats Oreo crust. I think you need to make Oreo bottomed cupcakes. When I was younger, my mom made an ice cream cake for everyone’s birthday, and she ground Oreos and butter together (nothing else) to make the bottom layer. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I don’t know how it would taste baked…but if anyone can figure out how to make it work, it’s you.

bridget — July 11, 2011 @ 10:00 am

when I die, I like to think St. Peter will be waiting for me with a tray of these, and they will be calorie free.

Jocelyn — July 11, 2011 @ 10:01 am

I did this recently too and you are right…best of both worlds. And skinny jeans and me…never get along. But cake and cookies, we are the best of friends:-)

Cara — July 11, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Cookie or cake is always a dilemma for me, but the cookie always wins. Now I can eat both :)

Bev Weidner — July 11, 2011 @ 10:07 am

I KNOW. That’s why I cut all my skinny jeans and made…well, skinny shorts. And then threw them away. And then cried. And then dug them out. And then opened a bottle of wine. Okay 2 bottles.

It felt good.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Yum Alert: Choco-Chip Cookie Bottomed Cupcakes | The Luxury Spot

2. Pingback: Choco-Chip Cookie Bottomed Cupcakes

3. Pingback: One Word: Nutella. « Epicuriously Living

4. Pingback: CALLOOH CALLAY » Blog Archive

5. Pingback: How sweet it is to be in love with you | she cooks, he eats

6. Pingback: {Recipes}: Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes |

7. Pingback: Recipe Friday: Spreadin’ the Love for Mama Pea’s Mmmm Sauce! « You Can Get Fit!

8. Pingback: Birthday Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes – Pocket Full of Sunshine

9. Pingback: And the food blogging continues…. « College Kid Yoga

10. Pingback: hybrid cupcakes with cream cheese frosting « spill the beans

11. Pingback: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes « Bake Me Famous

12. Pingback: Cookie bottomed cupcakes « Fashionably Fit

13. Pingback: cupcakes fit for the champs « that's forking good

14. Pingback: Hello June! | she cooks, he eats

15. Pingback: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Cupcakes | she cooks, he eats

16. Pingback: Snickerdoodle Cookie Cupcakes | How Sweet It Is

17. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes « miss anna cakes

18. Pingback: Brown Bliss Cupcakes | DB and Jelly

19. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing | Bumble's Bakes

20. Pingback: Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Cupcakes

21. Pingback: Comfort foods has always been handy. But when it is all mashed up and in weird combinations it is much better. Some of the weird combo mashed up comfort foods | Toasting Toaster

22. Pingback: Comfort food has always been handy. But when it is all mashed up and in weird combinations it is much better. Some of the weird combo mashed up comfort foods | Toasting Toaster

23. Pingback: 23 Comfort Food Mash-Ups That Were Meant To Be | sooziQ

24. Pingback: それがそうであるはずだった23の快適さ食物マッシュアップ | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

25. Pingback: それがそうであるはずだった23の快適さ食物マッシュアップ | 男は美味しいご飯に弱い!最新モテ料理・肉料理! 女子は必見!

26. Pingback: 23 Comfort Food Mash-Ups That Were Meant To Be

27. Pingback: それがそうであるはずだった23の快適さ食物マッシュアップ | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

28. Pingback: それがそうであるはずだった23の快適さ食物マッシュアップ | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!