What did you have?

66 Responses to “Dinner Tonight.”

Aileen — July 17, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Looks amazing! We’re on vacation so Mongolian bbq!

Mrs. Jen B — July 17, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

Homemade sauce, meatballs & sausage, pasta & homemade bread. All by yours truly. Awesome.

But yours? Looks pretty damn good, too. :)

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — July 17, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

Mmm that corn looks scrumptiously yummy. We had panko chicken, caprese salad, and parmesan orzo.

Taylor — July 17, 2011 @ 8:51 pm

mmmm sweet corn!! I love it! Tonight we had fresh pizza baked in my boyfriend’s parents brick oven…it was amazing! Topped off with some strawberry cream pie, it was a tasty ending to the weekend!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — July 17, 2011 @ 8:51 pm

Delicious looking dinner!
    We went out for Thai food. I had shrimp pad thai and my hubs had red chicken curry!

teresa — July 17, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

Jessica~
    Jessica~
    The life you live with FOOD is HEAVENLY!
    You represent FOOD in the purest~richest~loveliest~most authentic way.
    I am honored to SHARE in your PASSION.
    truly…thank you.
    ENJOY!

Ashli — July 17, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

What is that on the basil, tomato spread? :) Oh…and have you tried the DARK chocolate peanut butter cups at TJ’s? LOVE THEM!

Courtney — July 17, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

We had Tilapia with homemade Sunday sauce and pasta. Your dinner looks incredible!

Erica — July 17, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

oh my yum. I totally need that corn in my life! I wasn’t feeling too hot so I had scrambled eggs and toast!

Kelley @ Just Call Me Jack — July 17, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

Wow! Look at all those colors! So jealous…

I had some cherries and fresh baked bread from the farmer’s market for dinner. It twas marvelous ;)

Brooke @ Bittersweetb — July 17, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

That tomato basil and mozzarella salad looks pretty awesome. I had a cookout with my roomies by our apartments pool. Is anything really better than hamburger cooked on the grill?

britt — July 17, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

yum! yum! yum! that definitely makes the can of amy’s veggie soup i’m currently devouring seem much less tasty. recipes!!

Rebecca — July 17, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

Beeeeeeeeer, I’m in Texas and it’s hot. Don’t worry, it’s light…in color

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 17, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

PLEASE come over for dinner tomorrow and every night after that.

We had ribs on the grill + cole slaw + potato chips. Plus rum and cokes, so it was a good night!

Lisa — July 17, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

Oh how I wish you could come to Iowa right now!! The sweet corn is just now being harvested, and you haven’t had sweet corn until you’ve had it from Iowa, the tall corn state!!!

Lisa | Life in Green — July 17, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

I had dessert for dinner….peaches on the grill with soft serve ice cream.

Krystina (Organically Me) — July 17, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

Um. Can I come over? Please?

I had a “shit, I’m hungry and need food or I’ll rip someone’s face off” dinner, which consisted of whatever I could pull out of the fridge first. It ended up being a sandwich with mashed black beans and organic raw cheddar (gross sounding, I know), a massaged kale salad, and a Stonyfield yogurt. I’m ashamed.

Jennknee — July 17, 2011 @ 9:06 pm

I haven’t had supper yet!(its only 7 here though) Your blog makes me so hungry EVERY single time I visit it! Good gracious!

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — July 17, 2011 @ 9:09 pm

That looks my din tonight too! Only with better photography :-) and sweet potatoes instead of corn!

Alexandra — July 17, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

Are you ever going to go back to regular pictures? :p

Brynn — July 17, 2011 @ 9:16 pm

We had your turkey burger recipe! :)

Kathi — July 17, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

Looks amazing! We had crispy coconut chicken (chicken breaded with panko & coconut), jasmine rice, and a salad – yummy!

StitchinSweetSue — July 17, 2011 @ 9:41 pm

Gosh, must have been outside when you called to invite us over~LOL. FABULOUS!

Allison @ Novice Life — July 17, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

Poek chops in a White Wine Cream caper sauce with rice….and some roasted Cauliflower at hubbys request!

The Teenage Taste — July 17, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

YUM!

carolyn — July 17, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

Homemade Cafe Rio type pork on tortillas with salad and all the fixings. Yum! Yours looks good too. LOVE Caprese salad.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 17, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

mmmmmmmmmmm corn and caprese!? This looks promising

Andrea@Vegvacious — July 17, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

Yummy! I’m lovin’ the corn and calabrese salad! We had baked beans, a cucumber/vinegar salad and I had a veggie burger and the hubs had a steak! I LOVE summer :-)

Mariah — July 17, 2011 @ 10:20 pm

No joke, exactly the same thing. We drove back from our vacation home and didn’t feel like a big dinner, so my Dad picked some basil from the garden and served it with fresh mozzarella and tomato, and grilled some corn. I was so shocked when I saw your post!

Jess@atasteofconfidence — July 17, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

Mmm looks delicious! We had steak :)

jen — July 17, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

um, i just had a slice of blueberry pie i made this afternoon and declared that dinner. at 9pm.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — July 17, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

I had a vegan Sunshine Burger with grilled zucchini + yellow squash. Yum!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 17, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

I saw these on instagram and was drooling a few hours ago…I was actually groc shopping while reading it!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — July 17, 2011 @ 10:52 pm

Ohh yum! I’d like that corn please :) We had scallops and veggies on the grill with a baked potato.

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — July 17, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

Birthday cake! Well, I had real-dinner food too, but that’s not important, right? Psh. It’s my sister’s birthday, so chocolate cake was the star of the show. :)

(Also, man, do I love Instagram!)

Wendy — July 17, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

Hubbie and I had your Buffalo Chicken Tacos and we LOVED them!!! That recipe is definitely going in the “make this again” binder! Thanks!

Katie — July 17, 2011 @ 11:42 pm

I had corn tonight too. But Meeker’s aunt made it and it was mushy and I disliked it. (I hope she never reads your blog. Yikes). Tomorrow I’m making my own with high hopes!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — July 18, 2011 @ 1:02 am

That balsamic reduction looks re. freaking. diculous. We had GRILLED SALMON! Yeeeeuhhh!

Ana F. — July 18, 2011 @ 1:13 am

Your food looks awesome! Gotta love BBQs. We had Brazilian food!!!! Nothing like food from your homecountry to make you feel closer to home!

Barefeet In The Kitchen — July 18, 2011 @ 1:59 am

Your pictures are killing me! I’ve been craving corn for days. We had spectacular omelets for dinner, created by my husband. There is nothing quite like being waited on to make the food taste that much better!

Claudia — July 18, 2011 @ 3:53 am

This looks to die for… *yummy*

I absolutely ADORE your blog and how you can stay slim with all the delicious things you produce (and eat), I’ll never know ;)

I’m also a great fan of your photography. The way you “present” your food is nothing short of amazing.

Very inspiring blog in so many ways :)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — July 18, 2011 @ 3:55 am

Gorgeous pics :)

clkdayton — July 18, 2011 @ 7:17 am

that looks so good – tomato/mozz/basil is my favorite lunch right now, I could eat it every day! I am very curious about the dressing you put on it – please share!

• Jessica — July 18th, 2011 @ 7:31 am

No dressing, just a reduced balsamic vinegar!

• clkdayton — July 19th, 2011 @ 9:16 am

thanks! I have never tried that before, it looks great!

Brindi — July 18, 2011 @ 8:22 am

Yummy! We had Honey Glazed Salmon with rice and veggies :)

MomentumMom — July 18, 2011 @ 8:37 am

We just got back from the mountains so my hubby grabbed me some sushi from the grocery store. Big mistake, esp on a Sunday night. Blah. Ended up with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and some Pimento Cheese spread on crackers. Yours looks better. :-)

Kath — July 18, 2011 @ 8:42 am

I ground up some beef in my food processor for burgers last night and we had a fire in the fireplace. It was COLD and rainy in Seattle yesterday! Your corn looks great! It will be a long time before we see fresh local corn this summer.

Peg — July 18, 2011 @ 8:54 am

Is that a balsamic reduction or your new bacon flavored syrup gift?

• Jessica — July 18th, 2011 @ 8:57 am

balsamic reduction!

Skinny Fat Kid — July 18, 2011 @ 9:52 am

Yum! We got Chinese food because I napped instead of going to the grocery store. Whoops!

mary — July 18, 2011 @ 11:22 am

PLEASE share that corn recipe!! Looks amazing!

Michelle — July 18, 2011 @ 11:26 am

Recipes, please. Or did you already post them? The corn and salad look AMAZING!

• Jessica — July 18th, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

Will post them this week! The salad is just caprese – basil, tomatoes, fresh mozz.

1. Pingback: Brown Sugar Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese. | How Sweet It Is