I’ve decided that we’ve all had enough to eat this week.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

Plus, it’s Friday. Friday activities are supposed to be funner than just eating. Yes, funner. You know you say funner.

Friday calls for wearing jeans and stuff. Goofing off at work. Sneaking out early. Drinking cocktails and possibly forgetting what you did come Saturday morning. Normal things that all real people do. Real, fun life.

By now you probably figured out what I did with those six pints of berries.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

I mean, really… what does one do with all those berries? Eating them plain is just… boring. Baking them in cobblers and crisps and bars and muffins is an awesome idea… if you didn’t bake three batches of cookies since Wednesday. I don’t like to be like anyone else. So I did the next best thing!

Or obviously… the only best thing.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

I reallllllly love mojitos. Margaritas are my favorite wild-and-crazy, sorta girly, I want to have a draaaank drink, but mojitos come in at a close second. Classic mojitos taste okay but aren’t really my thing. I much prefer them infused with some sort of fruit – juicy stuff like mangos and coconuts and pineapple.

What does this all mean? Besides that I should live on a tropical island.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

What I really like about mojitos is that it’s kinda difficult to have a bad one. Margaritas can be so hit or miss with gross concentrates and pale green sours mix, but mojitos pretty much have to be made with rum + sugar + lime + mint. All ingredients sent from the heavens. Yes please.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

That’s totally a perfect Friday right? I’m jealous because I don’t have a porch. Someone hook me up with an invite please.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

What is not an excellent idea is making four mojitos to photograph for your invisible internet friends at 11 o’clock in the morning. Alone. Yep. Allllll by your lonesome. And seriously, there is no way one can let all that good stuff go to waste. I sipped a bunch. Felt a little guilty. Obviously not guilty enough to stop. Took some great naps.

But I did it all for you. So you can suck down one or five of these sparklers tonight and get your groove on. I got your back.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

Triple Berry Mojitos

makes 1 mojito, but is easily quadrupled

6-8 fresh mint leaves

2 1/2 ounces of mint simple syrup

1 ounce of rum

1 1/2 ounces of club soda

2 ounces of mixed berry juice

the juice of one lime

fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries

In the bottom of a glass, add 1 ounce of simple syrup and the mint leaves. Muddle with a muddler or use the clean bottom of something blunt, like a screwdriver! Add ice to the glass, a few berries, and pour rum, syrup, berry juice, lime and club soda over top. Mix with a long spoon or knife and serve with an additional sprig of mint.

Note: depending on the sweetness of your fruit, you may want to add more/less simply syrup, so I suggest tasting as you go. Same with the rum – add more if you like your drinks strong. Also – if you simply want a blueberry, raspberry, OR strawberry mojito, follow the instructions using only that one fruit.

Mixed Berry Juice

6 large strawberries

1/3 cup blueberries

1/3 cup raspberries

1/4 cup water

Add berries to a blender with water and pulse until pureed. Pour through a strainer and press juice out with a spoon. You may need to add a bit of additional water if your fruit is not very ripe and juicy. You can also use a juicer to extract the juice, but I find that it produces much less juice. You can also simply mash your fruit, but I did not want seeds throughout my drink.

Mint Simple Syrup

1 cup water

1 cup sugar

10 fresh mint leaves

Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until it bubbles. Turn down to low for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 15-20 minutes.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

I learned one thing from this post. Mojito is not recognized by spell check. Holy squiggly red lines.

162 Responses to “Triple Berry Mojitos.”

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — July 15, 2011 @ 7:01 am

I’ll definitely take on of these. Is it happy hour yet? ;)

Persnickety Hall — July 15, 2011 @ 7:07 am

True love in a glass. Mmmmm!

Three-Cookies — July 15, 2011 @ 7:08 am

Sounds really really good. Quadruple the amount of rum perhaps?:) This drink is full of antioxidants, the more you drink the better!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 15, 2011 @ 7:20 am

mint!? rum?! club soda?! berries?!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — July 15, 2011 @ 7:23 am

Might not even wait until tonight… I’ve got the day off and I think I’ll probably enjoy one of these on my balcony this afternoon! ;) Happy Friday!

Emily — July 15, 2011 @ 7:25 am

Your pictures ALWAYS make my mouth water. This drink looks like the perfect companion for my weekend. Have a good day.

Emily http://www.mywordsinterestslife.blogspot.com

Baker Street — July 15, 2011 @ 7:29 am

Triple Berry Mojitos. Mmmmm… Perfect for the weekend. Gorgeous Clicks J! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — July 15, 2011 @ 7:30 am

you pretty much described what i’m planning on doing tonight!

Karin — July 15, 2011 @ 7:33 am

There are many good reasons to drink these. Even when you are alone on a friday morning. Maybe especially when you are alone on a friday morning. These will definitely make you happy. I can see that. And healthy. I can see that too. I think I have convinced myself now that next friday morning (it’s friday afternoon here already) I have to make these too. Four. Ofcourse. Because that’s how you did it, so that’s how it’s supposed to be done.

Have a great weekend!

Katrina — July 15, 2011 @ 7:35 am

Now this is a sassy drink! Love this!

Cait's Plate — July 15, 2011 @ 7:36 am

Holy crap. I need this in my life like, RIGHT NOW! That looks SO good and refreshing (and it’s 7:30am which tells you the power of how good it looks!)

I say those cocktails and Felicity should be on tap for today – COME OVER! :)

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — July 15, 2011 @ 7:37 am

I want this now!! Hey its 5 o’clock somewhere right!?!?

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 15, 2011 @ 7:38 am

I love the picture of the four glasses in a row — so pretty!

I too love mojitos. I have mojito candles throughout my house — that is how much I love them.

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:57 am

What kind?! Are they from Bath and Body??? I want!

Kim {Recipes To Run On} — July 15, 2011 @ 7:43 am

Your post makes me smile! :-) These sound amazing and the perfect summer cocktail.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 15, 2011 @ 7:45 am

Oh I really wish I could start drinking these already!

Bev Weidner — July 15, 2011 @ 7:50 am

1) You and I are soul sisters.

2) Sorry to creep you out.

3) But it’s true.

4) I could swim laps in those mojitos.

5) And I mean that in a good way.

6) Like, not in the, “oh she made way too much” way.

7) But in a, “oh my dear God let me jump in there and drink my way out.”

8) The end.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 15, 2011 @ 7:53 am

the recipe looks awesome

as does the photography! i love the shots of them all lined up vertically and shooting top-down.

so pretty!

Lindsey @ Morningstar Project — July 15, 2011 @ 7:57 am

Clearly you knew I was telling everyone and their mother I’ve been craving mojitos lately, and that my new job is kicking me in the butt so I need a drink. So thank you for answering all my wishes, now can you bring them to my house with Bella please??? :)

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:56 am

You would never want to let her go!!!

Michelle @ KissedBySweets — July 15, 2011 @ 8:03 am

Hahaha I love the “draaaank drink” part-that made me laugh! This looks really delicious! I might have to go get some rum now!

Michelle

Irene L — July 15, 2011 @ 8:07 am

I lurve this! I have been really into mojtos this summer. I had a blood orange mojito the other day, it was sublime!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:56 am

That sounds amazing!

Liz — July 15, 2011 @ 8:12 am

I had a blueberry mojito this past week while on vacation…and it was delish! Thanks for the recipe!

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories — July 15, 2011 @ 8:13 am

I feel like we should’ve seen this coming.

However, I still stand by my strawberry shortcake suggestion. (I’m old school like that.)

Liz — July 15, 2011 @ 8:17 am

1. I like mojitos.
    2. at 11 in the morning.
    3. I have a deck.
    4. I *heart* pizza.

Call me when you get here :)

Laura @ Special Treats — July 15, 2011 @ 8:18 am

Wow. Amazing. Can I have one now at 8:19 am? ;) Will be making these soon. Your recipes are out of this world!!!!!

Kelly — July 15, 2011 @ 8:24 am

These look wonderful! A restaurant here serves them similarly but with whole berries. I totally agree with you, I love mojitos and margaritas but because of all the sugar in margarita “mix” I try to steer clear.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 15, 2011 @ 8:26 am

The color combinations are wonderful and they look very inviting. I’m glad you made four and that you didn’t have to share. You deserve to have a good drink, or two or three or even four!

Julia — July 15, 2011 @ 8:32 am

I love mojitos!

“Friday calls for wearing jeans and stuff. Goofing off at work. Sneaking out early.”
    This is so me today. Wearing jeans to work and leaving at lunch time so I can go party at the beach with my family. The mojito recipe will be in full swing tonight, I’m sure! Thanks!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — July 15, 2011 @ 8:34 am

I’m with you, I don’t like plain mojitos but I love fruit infused ones! We were planning on going to a wine tasting tonight, but I want to stay here and drink lots of berry mojitos and put the mojitos in mason jars and ask my husband a hundred times, “aren’t these cute?”

brandi — July 15, 2011 @ 8:36 am

You’ve got a deal! You bring the drinks, you can stay on our porch as long as you want :) I even have pizza on the menu for tonight – perfect!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:54 am

I’m definitely coming.

• brandi — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:58 am

Virginia’s not too far away, right? :) Pizza will be in the oven! And we’ve got a rocking chair or lounger with your name on it.

Hilliary Wolfe @ Happily Ever Healthy — July 15, 2011 @ 8:40 am

This sounds so good! Mojitos are one of my all time favorite drinks! I agree though I like some sort of fruity mojito!

Alisa — July 15, 2011 @ 8:47 am

you can come drink these on my porch… as long as you bring them with you :) and the bad mojito thing? i had a bad mojito last weekend! the bartender didn’t know how to make one, so he poured me a full glass of rum, splashed in some strawberry syrup, and plopped a lime and a mint leaf on top! bleck. i mixed it with a glass of sprite and it still wasn’t great…

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Ewwww! Okay maybe you CAN get bad ones!

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — July 15, 2011 @ 8:51 am

With all that fruit, those must surely qualify as a health tonic? ;-)

They are making my Friday night white wine, (which is currently being drunk as it is already Friday night here), look very boring. Oh well. I’ll just have to deal with it.

Life is hard.

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:54 am

I like health tonic. Let’s say yes.

Erica — July 15, 2011 @ 8:55 am

How gorgeous are these bad boys? And is that a magic bullet I see? I couldn’t live without that thing. Seriously…it rocks! I’ve never had a mojito. I must try one post preggers. Happy weekend

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Yep it is!

Kim in MD — July 15, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Haha! How sweet (pun intended) for you to “take one for the team” and test these out for us! ;-) Seriously, that must have been such a chore! :-) I have a gorgeous back porch with a ceiling fan, rocking chairs and a grill, and you have an open invitation to stop by anytime you are in Maryland!

I am making these tomorrow night (well…maybe tomorrow afternoon-why wait?). Thanks, Jessica! Oh- and I love that white berry basket…it’s so cute!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:53 am

I am jealous… can I just move in Kim? And I’m obsessed with that berry basket it’s cream colored and ceramic and I just found it at Kohls! It’s already in 3-4 of my next blog posts… haha.

• Kim in MD — July 15th, 2011 @ 10:11 am

Yes, of course! As long as you cook your delicious recipes and make these mojitos for me! ;-)

Seriously, that basket is adorable. I have a Kohl’s near by, and I hope I can find one. Thanks for sharing where you purchased it, Jessica! Have a great weekend!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 10:23 am

Oh! I forgot to mention that it was also 60% off. Win!

• Kim in MD — July 15th, 2011 @ 10:35 am

That’s even better! I hope there is one left for me! :-)

Emily @ A Cambridge Story — July 15, 2011 @ 9:07 am

Gorgeous photos yet again!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:53 am

Thanks Emily!

kate — July 15, 2011 @ 9:15 am

Oh these look amazing mojitos are my absolute favorite drink!

Casey — July 15, 2011 @ 9:15 am

These pictures are fantastic! And the mojitos don’t look bad either. :) You’re kind of a genius, Jessica!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:52 am

Thanks!

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — July 15, 2011 @ 9:26 am

I’m off work at noon today – now I know what I’ll be doing! Love these!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — July 15, 2011 @ 9:26 am

Simply gorgeous, my dear. Mojitos are my favorite cocktail ever.

beth — July 15, 2011 @ 9:34 am

1) these are GORGEOUS
    2) can i have one now? for breakfast? it’s shaping up to be one of those days.

i love these!!!!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:52 am

I say yes.

Sara — July 15, 2011 @ 9:38 am

For a tart and POTENT (I mean, POTENT) mojito, my dear friend allison skips the club soda, halves the simple syrup, and tops the drink off with some Prosecco. It’s my favorite cocktail, even if I can only handle one.

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:52 am

I’ve had one of those too with prosecco – I really like it! But I also love prosecco.

thehealthyapron — July 15, 2011 @ 9:44 am

Sign me up! Looks delish!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — July 15, 2011 @ 9:46 am

I think I would like a million of these tonight. Think I would still be able to wake up and rock my 5K in the AM? Haha!

Cookin' Canuck — July 15, 2011 @ 9:47 am

These sound fantastic! There is an open invitation to borrow my porch for a little mojito sipping.

• Jessica — July 15th, 2011 @ 9:51 am

I’m in!

Cara — July 15, 2011 @ 9:50 am

I think I just found my favorite summer drink!

“I think it would be an excellent idea if you stirred up these little gems and sipped them tonight… on your porch… in the dwindling sunlight. Smell the fresh mint. Sit too close to someone you like. Eat some pizza.”

Totally doing that tonight, it is THE perfect Friday night :)

Angie — July 15, 2011 @ 9:51 am

Sit too close to someone you like on a porch…those instructions made my heart flutter a little bit. Love it.

DessertForTwo — July 15, 2011 @ 9:56 am

Wow! Lovely photos!
    Come 5:00, I’m going to want one of these!

Cait @ Cait hates Cakec — July 15, 2011 @ 9:57 am

Perfect post for a Friday. Regular mojitos are fantastic and these sound even better!

Erin — July 15, 2011 @ 9:57 am

Yesterday I went shopping and found myself at the most enormous grocery store I’ve ever seen (Market Square??). While aimlessly wandering around the produce section I saw that the berries were on sale, and remembering that you promised us berry recipes I STOCKED UP! After seeing this post, I’m really REALLY happy that I did.

Now I just have to figure out how to buy rum. Yesterday I was administered a breathalyzer test by a wine vending machine. Pennsylvania is sooooooo weird!!

Lisa | Life in Green — July 15, 2011 @ 9:58 am

It’s 5:00 somewhere right?

I will so make these before the end of summer. Ugh…end of summer, that sounds awful!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Strawberry bellini

2. Pingback: lets get to know eachother « Camping Out In America

3. Pingback: Berry Bloody Mojitos « Eat.Write.Love.

4. Pingback: Light Pina Colada « Breadwinner

5. Pingback: PT5 8.21.11 | Heather is a Lazy Wife

6. Pingback: Strawberry Mojito | The Spiffy Cookie

7. Pingback: Mojito Magic | The Magpies' Nest

8. Pingback: Coconut Mango Mojitos | How Sweet It Is

9. Pingback: Summer Cocktail Heaven | deux chicago

10. Pingback: Cheers to Summer With Tasty Tropical ‘Tails | Shecky's

11. Pingback: Bartending Services Boston | 10 Valentines Day Recipes You Can Drink - Part 2 - Bartending Services Boston

12. Pingback: Very berry mojitos | Rutigt & randigt

13. Pingback: 10 рецептов мохито | «Купи батон!»

14. Pingback: Warm Vanilla Sugar | July Things

15. Pingback: Milk Chocolate Cupcakes with Fresh Mint Frosting | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: Just In Case You Forgot About Memorial Day Too | oh so decadent

17. Pingback: Mojitos & Margaritas – Cosmia Magazine

18. Pingback: Dig | week 4 | the little garden blog

19. Pingback: Gluten-Free Easter Brunch Ideas - The Roasted Root

20. Pingback: late afternoons: Hump Day Hydration

21. Pingback: Pinterest Picks: Summer Cocktails to Get the Party Started | Stela 9 Blog