Or in other words, I-don’t-know-what-the-heck-to-call-these bars and after four days of pondering, came up with nothing.

I’m sort of enamored with them. Blinded by love, if you will.

Plus, how am I supposed to think with a mouthful of cookie? I mean brownie. I mean blondie. Err… brookie.

See… confusing right?

Think cookie meets brownie meets blondie meets peanut butter. Scrumptious. The first layer came from my deep dish whole wheat cookies… but, um… is definitely not wheat. Really. It’s chocolate chip cook with a little cocoa twist. Then it just gets better from there. Three words: Lots. Of. Butter.

I think I’m just going to leave this up to you.

Here. Go ahead and try one.

Triple Layer Chocolate Chip-Fudge Brownie-Peanut Butter Blondie Bars

makes one 9 x 13 pan

the chocolate chip layer (taken from my deep dish whole wheat cookies)

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 tablespoon dark cocoa powder (optional)

3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt together and set aside in a bowl.

Beat butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Spray a 9×13 dish with non-stick spray and begin pressing the dough into the bottom. I found that using the back of a spoon sprayed with non-stick spray helped. It will JUST cover the pan and may seem thin, but it is the right amount for the bars.

the brownie layer (taken from my red velvet brownies)

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons cocoa powder

2/3 cups chocolate chips (optional)

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then add remaining teaspoon of vanilla. With the mixer on medium speed, add in cocoa, flour and salt, mixing until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Using a spatula sprayed with non-stick spray, evenly spread brownies on top of chocolate chip mixture.

the blondie layer (adapted from simply recipes)

1/2 cup of butter, melted

1/3 cup peanut butter, melted (I used crunchy, hence the nuts in the pictures)

1 1/3 cups of  brown sugar

1 egg

2 teaspoons of vanilla

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

1/2 cup peanut butter morsels

In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, melted butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients together, and whisk into the batter. Fold in morsels. Spread evenly on top of the brownie layer.

Set the baking dish on top of a cookie sheet and place it in the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is just set and the middle is slightly soft. I covered the dish with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes of baking. Let cool completely, then cut and serve!

I like layered things.

127 Responses to “Triple Layer Chocolate Chip Cookie-Fudge Brownie-Peanut Butter Blondie Bars .”

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) — July 5, 2011 @ 11:03 am

You have just made my wildest dreams come true. I love you. :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — July 5, 2011 @ 11:03 am

These look amazing!!! Wow!

Charissa — July 5, 2011 @ 11:10 am

you’re always making something for me to like…drool onto the keyboard with…my laptop will never be the same, thanks to you and your pictures. ;)

Savannah — July 5, 2011 @ 11:19 am

This is why I LOVE your blog, and it’s why I started one! You’re amazing and these look delicious. I may die while eating them, but, I don’t care! :)

• Jessica — July 5th, 2011 @ 11:36 am

Thanks Savannah!

Shanna, Like Banana — July 5, 2011 @ 11:30 am

At first glance, I thought the tower was all one cookie and I immediately pondered whether my mouth would open wide enough to eat a bite from top to bottom ;)

• Jessica — July 5th, 2011 @ 11:36 am

LOL!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — July 5, 2011 @ 11:33 am

ummmm, are you kidding?
    these look RIDICULOUS.
    they should be called “better-than-better-than-crack brownies”.
    making them TODAY.

janetha @ meals & moves — July 5, 2011 @ 11:33 am

Ahahaha I love how long the title is!

Heidi @ Food Doodles — July 5, 2011 @ 11:37 am

Amazing! Perfect for when you can’t decide what you want, right? It looks so good :D

Jesse — July 5, 2011 @ 11:39 am

i would have to make these for an out of the house occasion or i would run the risk of eating the whole pan myself.

Lisa — July 5, 2011 @ 11:46 am

oh goodness. aas if all the treats from last night wasn’t enough, now I gotta bake and eat these! hahah just kidding, these look sooo good. anything with cookie, peanut butter, and brownie in the name has MY name written all over it :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — July 5, 2011 @ 11:58 am

All I can say is um…..YES.

brandi — July 5, 2011 @ 12:03 pm

these look killer. i need to go home, right now, and make them. is that a good excuse to leave work early? I think so.

Jenna — July 5, 2011 @ 12:51 pm

mmmmm…..I want these so bad right now. I made your crazy feta over the weekend and it was a huge hit!

• Jessica — July 5th, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

So glad you liked it! I just made more today. Wait until you see what is coming tomorrow. :)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — July 5, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

I think the name says it all ;)

These look absolutely amazing – great job!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — July 5, 2011 @ 1:08 pm

Haha! I love calling these ‘Brookies”! Or how ’bout OMG Sinful Heaven! LOL!

Casey — July 5, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

THese look AMAZING! I saw this and thought of you haha http://pinterest.com/pin/47288434/

• Jessica — July 5th, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Hahaha I have definitely already pinned that. Love it! Maybe I should make them??

Jan — July 5, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

I’m in love with this! I just was thinking of making peanut butter brownies, but this seems like an even better option.

Krystina (Organically Me) — July 5, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

My pants just busted looking at these. I love it.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — July 5, 2011 @ 2:29 pm

I’m totally on a crazy brownie kick too! I just made pretzel crusted brownies with buttercream on my site today and can’t stop thinking about them. These look amazing…and I think your name for them is just fine :)

• Jessica — July 5th, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Holy freaking yum.

Amy @ A Little Nosh — July 5, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

I want to come to your house and get fat.

• Jessica — July 5th, 2011 @ 8:22 pm

I support that.

Annie@stronghealthyfit — July 5, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

Wtf. You’re amazing.

Julia Andrus Williams — July 5, 2011 @ 4:13 pm

Holy smokes! YUM!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — July 5, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

Wow. Now you’ve really done it!

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — July 5, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

These leave me speechless.

Carolyn — July 5, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

Holy Moly! There are no words. No words to describe how much I want one. Or five.

Alaina — July 5, 2011 @ 7:28 pm

Oh, you are just killing me! ;-) You had me at Triple.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — July 5, 2011 @ 7:46 pm

Genius… Love these!!

Allyssa — July 5, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

These look absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to try them!

foodwanderings — July 5, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

Ooh triple layers of goodness. Boy oh boy looks so yum!! Now I want to go directly for dessert instead of having dinner:).

Ann Claire — July 5, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

Oh my goodness, these sound amazing!!

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — July 5, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

Ooo, you evil temptress! 3 fantastic recipes all in one…worth the extra mile or two on the treadmill!

Liz — July 5, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

Oh, lordy. These look amazing! I love your blog! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — July 6, 2011 @ 7:31 am

I have no words to express how amazing this is!

marla {family fresh cooking} — July 6, 2011 @ 8:01 am

Girl, you have everything in these brownie/blondie bars. Amazing recipe :)

merry johnson — July 6, 2011 @ 8:02 am

Wow ! what an interesting blog.Thanks for sharing this information.Your information is really informative for us.
    Nice blog on chocolate spray
    Keep sharing more & more…..

bridget {bake at 350} — July 6, 2011 @ 12:04 pm

Yes, please!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath — July 6, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

I will be making these the second I get home from my road trip on Friday.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 6, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

WHY must you do this to me… WHYYYYYY?!

Grant — July 7, 2011 @ 12:10 am

Hi!

Love the website, by the way.

The first two layers came out lovely when I mixed them, but then I tried to make the blondie layer and it came out looking like crushed crackers rather than smooth…so I tried it again and it failed again.

Then I just decided to put it on. They are in the oven still…and have been for 50 minutes already and aren’t done! ah! Never had an issue like this before…is it just me? My oven is set perfectly….no clue what’s going on! Help! :)

• Jessica — July 7th, 2011 @ 7:05 am

Did the blondies look like that before baked? or after? Did you cover them with the foil halfway through??

• Grant — July 7th, 2011 @ 11:32 am

They looked like that before I baked them…not a nice creamy batter like the picture you have above. Is there too much flour in the recipe? I don’t want to criticize, I just want to be able to make them right :)

Also, I did put foil on halfway through…they still took 55 minutes to bake all the way. I haven’t tried them yet because they are for a party, but it was odd because of the two deviations from your recipes which are normally so spot on!

• Jessica — July 7th, 2011 @ 11:41 am

Ah Grant! There IS too much flour – I just went back and looked at my notes, and it’s only 1 1/2 cups. So sorry about that typo. Now I’m curious because a few people have made these and liked them and I have no idea how they turned out… haha.

• Grant — July 7th, 2011 @ 11:57 am

Awesome! That makes me feel much better – I’ll have to try them again sometime. Thanks for helping me figure it out! :)

Amelia — July 7, 2011 @ 10:59 pm

Really, you went and did this? How amazing were they? This is just plain naughty. It’s a wonder you are not 500 lbs!

Jen — July 10, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

Grant, the same thing happened to my top layer but they were delish!

Jessica, for the top layer, is it one egg or two? The recipe says one but the directions read “eggs”. I only used one and the batter was really dry but still amazingly tasty :)

*Andrea* — July 11, 2011 @ 10:31 pm

oh.my.god. i just commented on how delicious your cookie cupakes were, but these things TAKE THE CAKE!!! three of my favorite desserts combined! i seriously dream of heaven filled with your chocolaty treats :)

Wenderly — July 15, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

UM…YUM.

Larissa — July 29, 2011 @ 2:17 pm

Have you made these without the peanut butter layer? I am trying to convince my son that he wants chocolate chip cookie with brownie on top for his birthday cake (camping so we don’t have room to refrigerate a cake with buttercream & don’t want it to “melt”). He’s not into the peanut butter cookie so much. How long do you think I should cook it with just two layers? And, can I use my own favorite c.c. cookie and brownie recipes?

Thanks!!

Larissa

Hannah — December 23, 2011 @ 3:27 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for the past hour. I am literally drooling at all the pictures. I need to bake all of these recipes STAT. But seriously, I’m leaving work early and going to the store. Keep up the fabulous work. I enjoy your writing style and I know for a fact that I’m going to REALLY enjoy the recipes.

Lauren — February 25, 2012 @ 12:45 am

zomg… so excited to make them for my long distance boyfriend! i would be shipping them across the country (i live in nj he lives in oregon) it usually takes about 3 days for him to get a package do you think they will stay well?

sarah — August 30, 2013 @ 5:46 pm

MMM. I just made these, so delicious!! i think i accidentally over baked them… but i just cut off the edges and served the middle. Thanks for the recipe:)

1. Pingback: Date Night « Doings And Dinings Of Dana

2. Pingback: Recipe Roundup « Sweet Treats, Tasty Eats

3. Pingback: randomnimities and.. an award?? | O to the No

4. Pingback: Get Back To Your Roots With Organic » Komai

5. Pingback: Cavalcade of Food – Peanut Butter Chocolate Blondies | Chicken Recipe

6. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie, Brownie, and Peanut Butter Bars Recipe | Best Friends For Frosting

7. Pingback: Brownie Cookie Toffee Layer Bars