1. I’ve been cleaning one of our spare bedrooms all day long, in which I’ve come across a handful of dead stinkbugs, like 18 pairs of shoes I forgot about, and over 1000 of these.

I’m not sure what I’m more disturbed by: the fact that I’m not allowed to dispose of any of the CDs, or that I married someone who burned J to the L-O! Notice the exclamation point.

2. I’m a little obsessed with Instagram. I know. I know you didn’t notice!! Anyway, what is this Hisptomatic? Do I want it? Do I need it? Did I even spell it correctly? Or did I pull a Mother Lovett, similar to when she told me “Omaha” was on TV all day long and she missed her soaps. It was Obama, dear… not Omaha. Educate me please because I don’t know anything.

3. Last night my husband promptly drowned these delicious potatoes in ketchup. Ketchup! I picked up his plate and threw it across the kitchen, screaming “I’m not making you no stinkin’ dinner if you’re just gonna ruin it with ketchup.”

Not really. But it definitely crossed my mind.

4. If I could be anything in the universe, I’d want to be this graham cracker. It has peanut butter and chocolate blankets on it!

5.  “It’s so fluffy I’m gonna die!!!” Name that movie.

I find it to be quite a fitting quote. And it beats me saying every 5 minutes, “Bella, I just want to eat your face off.” Because for some reason, that is really freaking people out.

6. Berries were on sale yesterday. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries… all buy one, get one free. I never buy anything on sale because I’m a bit late on the uptake. But I decided to buy these berries. All of them. So I have 2 containers each of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries taking up waaaay too much space in my fridge. I’ll juice a few cups but… what else should I make with them? Hook me up with a link… or ten.

7. I’m a shoe hoarder. It’s horrific. I’d show you pictures but I’m much too terrified.

112 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Carly — July 12, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

Despicable Me, a personal favorite!

Natalya — July 12, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

I prefer Instagram!

Hipstamatic makes you apply the lens, film, and camera type BEFORE you take a picture. So you either have to have what each one does memorized, or you have to just be happy with taking only one picture with whatever setting you had it on before (like if you’re in a hurry or the cute puppy moves or something).

• Jessica — July 12th, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

Ew. Yeah I don’t want that. Thanks!

Danielle A — July 12, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

ha ha. I can totally relate to the ketchup complaint! Thankfully, I have broken my husband of that habit. I love him!

Just love love the puppy!

Three-Cookies — July 12, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

Technically strawberries are not berries. And bananas and tomatoes are berries:) This is weird. You can read more here: http://three-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/kuro-goma-heaven-and-donna-simpson.html.

BTW if you forgot about the 18 pairs of shoes I wonder how many pairs you have:)?

Bev Weidner — July 12, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

Hey, you can say “I just wanna eat your face off!” anytime you want. I say it to humans. I get stares.

I ain’t skerred.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — July 12, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

Love that quote…dispicable me, right? I’m kind of snorting from the laughter I’m unsuccessfully holding in…

dana @ my little celebration — July 12, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

You’re hilarious. That is one adorable puppy. And I too am guilty of such horrific ketchup offenses.

heather — July 12, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

This is cruel and unusual punishment – you have puppy and I don’t. That said, I’m loving your instragram snaps soooo much!

(ps. that j. to the l-o! is funny stuff!!!)

Hayley @ Hayley Daily — July 12, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

For the berries — black and blueberry crisp. (If you got blackberries. If not…just blueberry crisp!) YUM. With vanilla ice cream, obviously. Sorry, I don’t have a recipe…when I make it, I just wing it.

brandi — July 12, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

love that quote – Despicable Me! So funny :)

Jami — July 12, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

#5 – Despicable Me

I’ve got a huge, fluffy Norwegian Forest Cat that I will sometimes (actually quite often) grab in mid-stride and reenact that scene with. He’s a trooper for still putting up with it. :)

• Lindsey — July 12th, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

Love this, haha! I do that to my cat also :p

kelsey — July 12, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

make sorbet with the fruit! it’s so easy to make even without an ice cream maker. i made strawberry and mango sorbet recently for a party and they were both a hit!

Kate — July 12, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

I have a delicious Strawberry Mascarpone Tart recipe if you’re interested! I haven’t gotten a chance to blog about it, but I do have a picture of it :)

If you want the recipe, you can e-mail me at kate.passionforlife@gmail.com and I’d be happy to send it to you!

♥ Kate

Melanie — July 12, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

Name that movie? That’s my favorite line EVER. Dispicable Me!!

Ann Claire — July 12, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

Despicable Me! And #6 sounds like a good problem to have. I would have probably devoured at least a container of each by now. Make homemade whipped cream to eat them with! Homemade whipped cream is definitely 5,322 times better than store bought, but you already knew that.

Mama Pea — July 12, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

If I hadn’t watched Despicable Me and average of 13 times a week since it came out, I’d be really excited that I knew that quote.

Lulu is obsessed. And wants a puppy. She is no longer allowed to read your blog. :)

tiffany — July 12, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

i get too flustered with hipstomatic, but did download a pretty sweet photobooth app, cuz how many times have you wished for four different poses on a strip? i got camera+ which helps a lot with editing pre- and post-snap. LOVE instagram. totally @’d you last night with a photo of better than crack brownies. strawberries…make these – http://www.sugarderby.com/blog/2011/1/31/cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries-what-yes.html and then make a strawberry or raspberry margarita by muddling them and then make your awesome berry-avacado salsa. done and done.

Amy — July 12, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

How about this with blueberries and strawberries!?! I saw it over at Heather’s Dish

Anna — July 12, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

Despicable Me! Best movie ever!!

I could also eat that puppies face off…. so great! :)

Lindsey — July 12, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

Hopefully these help you out! Im trying the popsicles tomorrow, but the first two are SUPER easy and delicious :) also – my husband has a Jock Jams cd he wont get rid of…I understand your pain.

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — July 12, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

Bella is adorable, almost makes me want puppy. Then I remember my dog is trained and doesn’t chew on my shoes, and I stop thinking about a new puppy.

I’m the opposite with shoes. I hardly have any, I blame my size 10 and my fear of buying shoes online for that. Every time I have bought shoes online, they always send the wrong size.

Blog is the New Black — July 12, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

I am NOT a dog person but that dog is ADORABLE!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 12, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

I want to be that graham cracker too! Oh my.

Amber — July 12, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Instagram is much better than Hisptomatic but I prefer camera+ to all of them! It gives you lots of options!

Mary @ Stylefyles — July 12, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

yes! berries on sale! I have a feeling you’ll do something wonderful with them!!

Amy — July 12, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

This is currently what I’m doing with my 2 containers of raspberries:

Chrissy — July 12, 2011 @ 5:16 pm

I’d like to see strawberry shortcake done How Sweet style.

Jaimee H. — July 12, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

hipstamatic not as cool as instamatic…and it is not a free app, so I wasted money on that one.

Mellissa — July 12, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

I have a room in the basement that my roommate refers to as the shoe room, there lives 150 pairs of shoes. I join you in the fellow shoe hoarder club.

Cait's Plate — July 12, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

That graham cracker looks awesome – I’ll join you in your want for it :)

Jen — July 12, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

You just quoted my darling 2 year-old daughter’s favorite part of Despicable Me! She says it, even with the little bit of gravel in her voice.

And super cute pup, by the way!

Meg — July 12, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Despicable Me! That is my favorite part of the whole movie. It’s on hbo on demand right now and I watched it on Saturday.

I just made jam. Got the recipe out of real simple. Yum!

Beth — July 12, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Summer Berry Pudding … I made this in larger form for a coworker’s birthday, and everyone enjoyed it.

Chloe@321delish.com — July 12, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Theme for this months eating club is ” a berry July BBQ!” all dishes must include berries. Too bad it’s not till July 30th… But I’ll post recipes from the eating club girls’ dishes after!

Kristy @ Sweet Treats and More — July 12, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Dispicable Me, that’s the best line in the movie!

I just made this blueberry oatmeal bread: http://sweettreatsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/07/blueberry-oatmeal-bread.html

Rebecca — July 12, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

I just made jam for the first time as well — if you make freezer jam it’s super easy.

Also….blueberry buttercream. Just do it. You’ll want to bathe in its pretty color (and can totally pass it off as an antioxidant-rich frosting!)

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — July 12, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

That puppy is so stinkin’ cute! I wish they would stay that little forever!

I made a reaaaaally yummy berry tart type thing a couple weeks ago that might be a good way to use up your berries! http://abitchinkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-berry-tart.html

Sarah — July 12, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Use the berries to make a fruit pizza! My mom made this for me growing up and I finally made it as an adult a few weeks ago. Still as delicious as I remembered it :)

• Jessica — July 12th, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

I freaking love fruit pizza!! Haven’t made it since last summer either!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife — July 12, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

that is from Despicable Me. My hubby’s fav!

Jen — July 12, 2011 @ 5:45 pm

Please make these gluten-free muffins. I know you’re better known for more sinful treats, but I drool over everything you make, and you never make anything GF! But, why would you? Obviously you’re not gluten-intolerant, and GF baked goods are usually dry and require a frustrating combination of different flours. Anywho…if you could make these and let me know if they’re good…that would be awesome. Or any other gluten-free baked good with berries! I trust your taste. :)

Yayan @ About a Kitten — July 12, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

1) I love that you have Ludacris’ Red Light District.
    2) That puppy is way too adorable. I want her.
    3) A big fruit bowl can never go wrong! Had one myself just last night! Or some blueberry yum yum, if you know what I mean?

Jk.

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 12, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

Ahhhhh! Gratuitous puppy shot! He is so fluffy that I want to die!

cpwalk2 — July 12, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

I think you should make a cinnamon roll filled with summer berries. You could use Pioneer Woman’s recipe and add all sorts of delicious berries in the roll and make some sort of macerated berry cream cheese frosting. I am literally drooling right now. All over the keyboard.

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories — July 12, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

Okay, one standard yet delicious:
    and one that’s a little different:

Also, Belgian waffles+ice cream+strawberries+whipped cream is about the best thing ever.

And yes, strawberries are my favorite berry.

Caroline @ Pink Basil — July 12, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

You should definitely get Hipstamatic! I was in love with Instagram until I found it, and now I’m obsessed:

Stephanie — July 12, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

Keep the fluffy pictures coming and my kids are horrible with the ketchup. Ketchup with everything!! I made the best gravy the other night and they would rather have plain mashed potatoes….I swear I didn’t drop them when they were babies!!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 12, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

My mouth was hanging open when you wrote that Mr. Sweet hadn’t been too sweet and put KETCHUP on the potatoes???!!!! Oh, Em, Gee!!! And my jaw completely dropped when you wrote that you threw the plate across the room!! I was picturing the scene, the anger, and was then extremely proud of you for your self-control. I think I would have thrown the plate. Either that or poured ketchup on my husband’s head. Who knows?

Kerry — July 12, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

If it isn’t too late, you should make a fruit terrine with all those berries. It’s perfect for summer when you don’t want to turn the oven on and heat up the whole house. It’s pretty to look at and even better to eat! Here is the link:

Andrea@Vegvacious — July 12, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

I have a spare room to clean too — wanna come over & help?! It’s a disaster; however I’m really hoping there’s 18 pairs of shoes in there I’ve forgotten about :-)

Freeze the berries…and some chopped bananas while you’re at it. Then process 3 frozen bananas with 1 c of frozen berries and presto!! Quickie sorbet. Delish!!!

Gen — July 12, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

Despicable Me! :D
    Bella is stinkin’ adorable!

1 2 3