It’s official.

Juicy Peach Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

I’ve become a giant margarita snob.

I can’t drink any others.

Don’t even show me that green stuff in a bucket.

Just make one of these.

I know you want to.

Dooooo it.

Juicy Peach Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

Juicy Peach Margaritas

recipe for one margarita, can easily be multiplied

2 ounces Grand Marnier

1 1/2 ounces Tequila

2 ounces lime juice

2 1/2 ounces peach simple syrup [recipe below]

lime + chopped peaches for garnish

salt + sugar for the rim

Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar]. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few peach chunks.

For peach simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 3 peeled and chopped peaches in a blender and blend until combined. This makes enough simple syrup for 3-4+ margaritas, so I suggest playing with the amounts once you know how much syrup you like in your drinks!

This recipe can be easily doubled, quadrupled, etc. Since everyone’s tastes differ, add simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time and go from taste. I also suggest buying the lime juice if you plan on making a pitcher (or 2) considering you’d have to squeeze a billion limes to get enough juice.

Juicy Peach Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

And make me one while you’re at it pretty please? K thanks bye.

69 Responses to “Juicy Peach Margaritas.”

Susan — August 12, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

I had some extra peaches, and this was the perfect use for them. Delicious!!! I am blogging about these drinks today, thanks!

Lindsey — August 12, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

Yum! I am also a huge margarita snob! This time of year is perfect for fresh marg makings! I made raspberry nectarine ones two weekends ago…now its time to try peach.

Sandi — August 14, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

I am sipping one now! Mmmmmmmm!
    I am thinking that this peach simple syrup would be awesome in some fresh iced tea!
    Thanks Jessica – this is almost as good as my recipe for Key Lime Pie Martini’s! ;)

Kristi — May 21, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

Thanks to you and your wonderful recipes I too have become a Margarita Snob! I love experimenting with the flavored syrups for a new drink! Love this recipe too!

cecilia — May 24, 2012 @ 7:30 pm

the recipe says equal parts of sugar and water, but what are the equal parts? a cup? 1/2 a cup?

T. Ayala — July 12, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

These are the best margaritas I have ever had-hubby agrees as well. For a couple of years now I can no longer stomach the pre-bottled margarita mix. It gives me a headache (positive it’s not the tequila, it’s really the mix!). I’ve been doing fresh lime ones for a while, but these peach ones seem to just have the perfect mix of sweet/sour. I think the best part of the recipe (and strawberry one too) is that you don’t have to strain the pureed fruit- I hate doing that because you end up with the tiniest amount. Thanks for such a great recipe!!

L. Stevens — August 5, 2012 @ 11:09 am

How much sugar/water do you use for the simple syrup? It just says “equal parts”- but not the best bartender, so I like to go off exact recipes so I dont screw it up! ;)

1. Pingback: 8TCH2OH « lifeofahappyblonde

2. Pingback: On Kitchen Experiments « A Philly Nerd Girl

3. Pingback: the list: {12} must-make margaritas for cinqo de mayo | 20something cupcakes

4. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday — Peach Margaritas « Susie Homemaker, MD

5. Pingback: Things on the Internet This Week « Salaam Y'all!

6. Pingback: Ten Recipes for National Margarita Day - Game On Mom