It’s official.

Juicy Peach Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

I’ve become a giant margarita snob.

I can’t drink any others.

Don’t even show me that green stuff in a bucket.

Just make one of these.

I know you want to.

Dooooo it.

Juicy Peach Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

Juicy Peach Margaritas

recipe for one margarita, can easily be multiplied

2 ounces Grand Marnier

1 1/2 ounces Tequila

2 ounces lime juice

2 1/2 ounces peach simple syrup [recipe below]

lime + chopped peaches for garnish

salt + sugar for the rim

Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar]. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few peach chunks.

For peach simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 3 peeled and chopped peaches in a blender and blend until combined. This makes enough simple syrup for 3-4+ margaritas, so I suggest playing with the amounts once you know how much syrup you like in your drinks!

This recipe can be easily doubled, quadrupled, etc. Since everyone’s tastes differ, add simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time and go from taste. I also suggest buying the lime juice if you plan on making a pitcher (or 2) considering you’d have to squeeze a billion limes to get enough juice.

Juicy Peach Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

And make me one while you’re at it pretty please? K thanks bye.

68 Responses to “Juicy Peach Margaritas.”

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — August 6, 2011 @ 7:34 am

These seem like a perfectly peachy summer drink :)

selina — August 6, 2011 @ 7:38 am

om nom nom! holy moley i think i just found how i am going to spend my weekend ;)

Barefoot Pregnant and In The Kitchen — August 6, 2011 @ 7:44 am

Oh I want one soooo bad. The worst part of being pregnant in the summer (besides the heat) is not being able to enjoy a nice cold adult beverage. And I DOOO love peaches!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 6, 2011 @ 8:01 am

ohhhmyyyygawwwwwwwwsh. Jess, this could be dangerous.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 6, 2011 @ 8:09 am

My fave margaritas are fruitier ones..like peach or mango. This looks sooo good!

Grand Marnier is the perfect complement, too, to peaches and mangoes. YUM!

Kim in MD — August 6, 2011 @ 8:27 am

This looks so delicious! I have some peaches in the fridge, and I know exactly what I am going to make with them!

Julia — August 6, 2011 @ 8:36 am

The suns not even up, and I feel an urge to make a peach marg. I don’t know how I should feel about that, and frankly, I don’t care. Ppl drink mimosas w/ breakfast, why not margs??? Exactly. I’ll just eat some pancakes with them or something.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — August 6, 2011 @ 8:43 am

Oooh perfect! I bought 2 peaches this weekend (you persuaded me in your peach post earlier this week!) and I’m crossing my fingers that they ripen properly!

Tina @ My Life as a Mrs — August 6, 2011 @ 9:03 am

welcome to my world… i am such a margarita snob. I cringe when I order one out at a restaurant and they pull out that floor-cleaner-esq pre-mix crap… GROSS. No thank you. PS- these peach ones look super tasty!

Bev Weidner — August 6, 2011 @ 9:06 am

It’s acceptable to drink a few for Saturday morning breakfast, right?

Donna @ Life of a Happy Blonde — August 6, 2011 @ 9:08 am

Ohhhhh its niagara peach time here in ontario and therefore this recipe is calling my name :)
    Thanks!!!!!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — August 6, 2011 @ 9:35 am

I have everything for this right now EXCEPT tequila! Adding the liquor store to the list of errands today ;)

Andrea @ Vegvacious — August 6, 2011 @ 9:42 am

Not only are you the cupcake queen, but you are quickly becoming the queen of margaritas too!! This looks awesome – I’ve been totally crushing on peaches lately!!

Jessica L. — August 6, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Mmmm, tequila. I love all your marg recipes!!

Laura @ Special Treats — August 6, 2011 @ 9:56 am

Holy yumness.

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy — August 6, 2011 @ 10:06 am

Yum, peach margaritas sound fabulous! I want one of these (its 5 pm somewhere right)?

Lauren — August 6, 2011 @ 10:18 am

These sound so good! I might have to serve them at my next dinner party!

Lauren — August 6, 2011 @ 10:19 am

These sound so good! I might have to serve them at my next dinner party!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — August 6, 2011 @ 10:23 am

Yum yum yum!

Cait's Plate — August 6, 2011 @ 11:09 am

That just looks perfect right now. I just can’t get over your photography!

heather stillufsen — August 6, 2011 @ 11:33 am

oooh, yes looks DIVINE – perfect for a summer evening

Elysha — August 6, 2011 @ 11:38 am

You’re so cruel, I told you I can’t have lime-y drinks! ;) However, was that a Goonies reference up there or is that just my ’80s-movie-obsessed brain imagining so?

Barefeet In The Kitchen — August 6, 2011 @ 11:44 am

I’m not typically big on margaritas, but this looks fantastic. I’m saving the recipe. Thanks!

Christine — August 6, 2011 @ 11:45 am

this looks delicious, can’t say I’ve ever had a peach Margarita!

Melissa — August 6, 2011 @ 12:04 pm

I am SO making these this weekend. THANK YOU THANK YOU. PS: I think we’re soulmates. In a non-creepy way.

• Jessica — August 6th, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

I like it.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 6, 2011 @ 12:21 pm

Mmmmm! I’m so excited I can drink these now :) I’m totally making this!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — August 6, 2011 @ 12:37 pm

For a minute there I thought you were going to say, “It’s official…I’m an alcoholic.” Totally kidding! This looks delicious!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — August 6, 2011 @ 12:37 pm

Haha! You are not a margarita snob, you just have talent for making them perfect! These sound wonderful!

Alaina — August 6, 2011 @ 12:49 pm

I love your margarita recipes! My favorites folder is getting inundated with alcoholic beverages. :-)

Erica — August 6, 2011 @ 1:34 pm

oh my gosh! That looks amazing. I haven’t had any alcohol yet, but now I want some ;) And you know how I feel about adorable mason jars

jeannette — August 6, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

These look soooooo good. I’m not a fan of margs at bars and such as they are devoid of actual flavor. I have ripe peaches just begging for this. Peachy margs, here i come!!!

Christine @ BookishlyB — August 6, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

These look so good- I need to find someone to make them for me :)

Morgan @ Some Kind of Sunshine — August 6, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

Oh MY! These look to die for!!!! Although, tequila does things to me that shall not be named…

brandi — August 6, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

alright, you are KILLING me with all these margarita recipes! i’ve got to go buy some liquor now.

Dee at Deelicious Sweets — August 6, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

I’m with you, throw away that nasty sweet green stuff! Yuck! This margarita is right up my ally!

Pop Art Minis — August 6, 2011 @ 9:03 pm

Now that looks absolutely delicious…in fact I think I may need to go make one now! POP ART MINIS

Paige @ Running Around Normal — August 6, 2011 @ 10:36 pm

Ooohhh, I could use one of these right about now. Heck, I could use a neon green bucket margarita…but this would be much better ;)

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — August 7, 2011 @ 8:37 am

I agree, the stuff in the green bucket is gross! I think all the store bought mixes are gross.

Amanda — August 7, 2011 @ 9:16 am

Mummmmmm…..peach. :)

Lindsey — August 7, 2011 @ 11:05 am

Officially obsessed. Made these last night, may or may not have consumed 4… :)

I substituted Splenda in the simple syrup – dissolves so quickly so even have to boil and gave me more of an excuse to drink more (which I did, duh) ;)

You complete me.

Ann — August 7, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

I love your blog….I love the way you have tasty, refreshing drinks SPEAK to us!

Leigh — August 7, 2011 @ 5:09 pm

What are the measurements to make, oh, say, a gallon of this for my personal consumption? Wait, would a gallon of margaritas be wrong to drink in one sitting…?

Foodiewife — August 7, 2011 @ 9:12 pm

For a couple of weekends, I was on a white peach sangria kick. Wow, is it good! But, I’m a margarita lover. I love the idea of rimming my glasses with salt and sugar. D’oh! Brilliant. Oh yeah, I’m on this recipe like white on rice. Thanks!

Amy — August 7, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

This inspired me. Like, I read the title, got up, made a peach daiquiri (I had a mix a never used) and then came back down and read the post. Yum.

megan — August 7, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

I have about a dozen peaches on my counter saying “Make one!!!” :)

Katrina — August 8, 2011 @ 12:46 am

Way to peach it up! Yum!

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl — August 8, 2011 @ 10:09 am

My friend sent me a link to your post. I’m so making these this weekend! Can’t wait! :)

Skinny Fat Kid — August 8, 2011 @ 10:18 am

WOW. A margarita is not complete without Grand Marnier. I need these peach margaritas now!

Carissa — August 10, 2011 @ 11:40 am

I love how you’re into margaritas. Seriously the best drink ever.

aida mollenkamp — August 11, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

Totally agree with you on the Grand Marnier addition. I’ll definitely have to try this because love both peaches and margaritas, so what better than to combine them!

1. Pingback: 8TCH2OH « lifeofahappyblonde

2. Pingback: On Kitchen Experiments « A Philly Nerd Girl

3. Pingback: the list: {12} must-make margaritas for cinqo de mayo | 20something cupcakes

4. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday — Peach Margaritas « Susie Homemaker, MD

5. Pingback: Things on the Internet This Week « Salaam Y'all!

6. Pingback: Ten Recipes for National Margarita Day - Game On Mom