1. I bought chocolate today to bake. After I worked out, of course. Then I ate it instead. Now I need more. I’m not even going to tell you that it was the “pound plus” from Trader Joe’s.

2. Uh… can you make these appear in my closet? Yes, you. I’ll pay you in cookies. And love you forever. [But I may have to give you an IOU for the cookies. See #1.]

3. I tweeted this over the weekend, but it’s so disturbing that I must share again. My uncle found this bug outside.

HOLY CREEPTOWN. My skin is crawling.

4. I’m already craving pumpkin and fall-scented candles. I know that’s so annoying and cliche and I won’t mention another word about it for at least 3 or 4 minutes. In the meantime, I want these popsicles in my hands. Double fist style.

5. Despite the 8 billion ice cream pictures I threw in your face while on vacation last week, I actually don’t love ice cream. It’s not my drug of choice. But I love getting it on vacation when it’s freshly scooped every single day. And on our second to last day, I had this cinnamon crumb cake ice cream. I want to bathe in it. Join me?

Wait. That’s weird.

6. There is one incredible and amazing thing I miss about our honeymoon: KING SIZED BEDS. Has anyone ever got divorced over their queen sized bed? I may need your lawyer.

7.  I bought this tiny perfume while on vacation.

As if I don’t smell like butter and sugar enough.

99 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 9, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

We miss a king sied bed too – we always get into arguments while we’re sleeping. Fists fly.

Jessica — August 9, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

As much as I waited and waited for Summer, I am also very excited for Fall! I got a king bed a few months ago, and can’t imagine ever going back – it’s like having my own bed to myself. That cinnamon ice cream looks amazing….but I love ANY ice cream. And that perfume sounds amazing!

Eileen — August 9, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Where is that perfume from? I would absolutely love that!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — August 9, 2011 @ 8:51 pm

I’m craving fall lately too! Weird. Although not as scary as seeing CHRISTMAS magazines and catalogues in the grocery store today… Slooooowwww Down.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — August 9, 2011 @ 9:27 pm

Getting a king sized bed was our number one priority after getting married. :-) Girl, make the investment.

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — August 9, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

Have you considered purchasing some bacon-flavored perfume for yourself or some cologne for the hubs? I feel like you both would appreciate it.

Lindsey (One Sweet World) — August 9, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

I’ve been known to eat the chocolate before making the recipe. Or Nutella with a spoon. It’s so good, almost better with a spoon.

My husband and I sleep in a double. With a 35lb dog.

Eunice — August 9, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

That bug is ridiculous.

Ana — August 9, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

#2 is a Hickory Horned Devil, literally harmless. They like to make you think they’re dangerous with all those horns, but nope, they’re just big ole softies. =)

Brittnee — August 9, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

Ha! When my husband and I came back from our honeymoon king sized bed to our bed, we went out a week later and bought a king! :) its worth the money jessica!

Mallory — August 9, 2011 @ 10:39 pm

When we got married, the queen was…okay. When we got the 60 pound boxer and I became regulated to a 2’x2′ corner of the of the queen….NOT OKAY. I just go to Ikea and lay on the model kings and cry.

rose — August 10, 2011 @ 12:14 am

hi jessica!
    i love your blog and have been reading for a bit but haven’t commented.. your recipes are always amazing looking and your writing makes me laugh :)
    i ordered a tokyo milk perfume a year or 2 ago online called ‘dead sexy’ & its my faaaaav perfume now and i have tons of perfume! great brand i’m sure that one smells delish..
    and p.s. i am a major space and cover hog.. apparantly. i do it in my sleep and my bf says i sleep-yell at him when he tries to take any covers but i have no recollection of doing it in the AM..hahaha poor guy

Stephanie — August 10, 2011 @ 1:29 am

So totally agree with the king bed, We have a Cal-king, which is slightly bigger than a King, and my husband wants to down grade to our guest bed, which is a double… ummmm no thank you, the king is a must have! So glad you are back to your routine I was missing the regularity of your everyday adventures!

MomentumMom — August 10, 2011 @ 7:11 am

I hear you on pumpkins and fall scents. It was 100′ here yesterday and I heated up my oven to make chocolate-chip gingersnap cookies. My house smells like Christmas. And now I’m headed to the pool. Weird.

Tara @ The Butter Dish — August 10, 2011 @ 8:07 am

OK – caterpillar – creeepy but he sure is pretty in a weird way. Colorful.

Ice cream – I don’t know about bathing in it but I have vowed,
    IF THERE ISN’T ICE CREAM IN HEAVEN I’M SERIOUSLY RENEGOTIATING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MY DEATH!

Queen size bed. Divorce no – but I did threaten to make Mr. Sweet Butter sleep on the floor when we moved if we didn’t upgrade to a King. He’s like Mr How Sweet – Tall and big – really big! I need my room.
    Thanks for Tuesdays things Jess.

Ourjourneyinfath — August 10, 2011 @ 8:29 am

I thought it was mandatory to buy a king once you got married! I love that we each have our own space and rarely cross over to others side. Sleeping in your own space without your spouse invading is the key to a happy marraige! :)

Kim in MD — August 10, 2011 @ 8:41 am

I love this post (although not that wierd bug-gross!)! I agree with you about ice cream…it’s not my drug of choice, either. That cinnamon crumb cake ice cream does look amazing, though!

King size bed? A must have essential for a happy marriage! You don’t even know the other person is there, except when the other person sleeps on his back and then proceeds to snore so loud he sounds like he is sawing logs with a chainsaw. Then you know he is there because you have to roll him over onto his side so he will stop snoring. You will know he is there because you will repeat this several more times during the night. Not that my husband does that or anything! ;-)

Jessica — August 10, 2011 @ 9:28 am

that bug is kind of creepy but also kind of cool. and might I say omg i cannot wear perfume or lotion that smells like food.. it makes me hungry all day long. Right now I’m trying to avoid doughnuts.. help! :)

Jessica @ Bake a Little — August 10, 2011 @ 9:49 am

I agree with number 4!! Bring on the fall :)

Lauren — August 10, 2011 @ 9:56 am

I agree with number 4. I’m in LOVE with fall flavors/scents… In fact, I believe I’m going to make those ice cream bars tonight even though its sunny and 90 degrees. Oh well, I’ll wear a fall apron or something to make it seem appropriate.

ALSO, i know you’re from around Pittsburgh, so you might have Rutters, but either way… Pumpkin Spice Cappuccinos are probably the greatest gift of fall. Or if you have Turkey Hill… Half pumpkin spice cap/half pumpkin spice coffee. I think I just may have cried from excitement a little.

Promise Gephart — August 10, 2011 @ 10:16 am

Ohhh, where did you get this purfume? I tried Sephore-no luck! I must have it!!

• Jessica — August 10th, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

Try googling Tokyo Milk!

Corbett — August 10, 2011 @ 11:52 am

I thought we were so alike when you, I’ve been known to chow on the pound plus from TJ and all. Then I hear you don’t like ice cream! For shame! Anyway, another blog that I read posted this recently, I must have it soon! http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/2011/08/trader-joes-lemon-triple-ginger-snap.html

Thought you needed to know.

Corbett — August 10, 2011 @ 11:52 am

That doesn’t make sense… delete delete! Keep the link though :-)

Carissa — August 10, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

Ice cream is definitely my drug of choice. That flavor looks fantastic!

Skinny Fat Kid — August 10, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

Major Creeptown! Are those colors right??

Alaina — August 10, 2011 @ 2:23 pm

Yes on number 4!!! I can’t wait for the fall. Everything about it is awesome. :-)

Ann — August 10, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

That is the creepiest bug! I’m afraid the only thing I would do with those very HIGH shoes is squash the bug….I don’t want to ruin my flip-flops!

megan — August 11, 2011 @ 7:51 am

That bug? OY!

That Ice Cream??? Where, oh where, oh WHERE did you get that…since I’m pretty sure you were in Michigan vacationing, I have a chance of getting it since I live here…it looks amazing! Please share the local maker of that treat :)

• Jessica — August 11th, 2011 @ 7:58 am

Kilwins!

• megan — August 12th, 2011 @ 2:08 pm

we have Kilwins in our downtown…happy.day. (thanks :))!

megan — August 11, 2011 @ 7:51 am

OH, and seriously….you cannot stay married without a King Size bed…best purchase we ever made as a couple!!

Amy @ A Little Nosh — August 11, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

Those shoes remind me of Bjork’s swan dress. But in a good way.

Kristin — August 12, 2011 @ 11:58 am

I bought the same perfume a few months ago. I LOVE it!

Amanda — August 25, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

The fiance and I just bought a king size bed….. we’re small people. Yet he takes up so much room!

1. Pingback: Twitted by HowSweetBlog