1. This was my grocery list this morning and I am not even joking.

2. I spent about an hour cleaning out our fridge this afternoon and all I have to say is… yikes. I found some pumpkin spice frosting from Fall of 2010, smooshed in one of Mother Lovett’s old tupperware containers labeled “orange icing.” It was almost as good as the time in 2004 that my cousin and I found soy sauce in her pantry that expired in 1987. Or not.

3. The only way I got through the above is by jamming out to old-school Mariah Carey. Which brings us to the most important question of the day: 1990s Mariah or 1990s Whitney? I think I have to go with Whitney, mainly because I had a huge obsession with The Bodyguard which culminated when my 8th grade boyfriend played “I Will Always Love You” on his electronic keyboard for me. Over the phone. We’d been “going together” for 2 days.

4. Apparently I’m the only one on the East Coast who didn’t feel the earthquake THAT NO ONE CAN STOP TALKING ABOUT. I’m pretty sure that’s because the house was shaking anyway because of said Mariah music on blast. This sums that up completely.

5. Is anyone else insanely excited for this?

6. Instead of going to the gym last Friday, I spent two hours of my life pinning things like this.

7. Bella does yoga.

She’s better than me. And maybe even you! I hear fluffiness helps.

67 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Ashley — August 24, 2011 @ 7:07 am

I didn’t feel the earthquake either but everyone within like 10 feet of me did… Apparently if you were standing/walking you probably didn’t feel it?

Andrea — August 24, 2011 @ 8:12 am

I didn’t feel it either…and I live in Central PA where my husband’s building was shaking at work. Oblivious? or merely occupied with actual important things I was doing!!! I like to think the latter :-)
    Just want to tell you that I love your blog! I’ve only been a subscriber for about a month – thanks to a friend who made your peach margarita recipe her status (I commented…MUST HAVE!) so she told me about you!
    1st off it is nice to read a little about the ‘burg since moving away about 3 months ago :-( Secondly – I think we are secretly related :-) Mariah, Whitney….obsession with food…I am happy, nostalgic, and HUNGRY each day when I read your posts.
    LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your “life.”

Jessica — August 24, 2011 @ 8:22 am

Bella is better than me at Yoga.. paws down

Kim in MD — August 24, 2011 @ 8:52 am

Boy oh boy did I ever feel the earthquake! I was in a building and the floor rippled and the walls swayed back and forth! When I arrived home the pictures hung with wire were all crooked and my pantry items were on the floor. It was CRAZY!

sheila — August 24, 2011 @ 8:54 am

Bella is adorable!!!!!

Christa — August 24, 2011 @ 9:22 am

90’s Whitney FO SHO! My dad would have been a rich man had Youtube been around when the bodyguard came out. My stepmom had a white camero with T-tops and I would take the tops out, put all the windows down and blast the soundtrack like it was my last mission on earth…while singing and making up dances IN OUR DRIVEWAY!!! Who was I?? Apparently a 9 year old with no shame.

Laura — August 24, 2011 @ 9:33 am

I have to go with Mariah. My brother was obsessed with her (mainly because he was in love with her) so she was all I heard once on a 12 hour road trip. It kind of stuck :) Doesn’t she make you want to put on a pair of platform sandals and super short shorts? No? Yeah… me either…

p.s. your puppy is so cute!!!

Binny — August 24, 2011 @ 10:27 am

My shopping lists ALWAYS look like that! Butter being a staple!

Bev Weidner — August 24, 2011 @ 10:48 am

See, I could get my jam on with 1990’s Maria any day. VISION OF LOVE, are you kidding me? Genius.

amanda from the mountains — August 24, 2011 @ 10:55 am

i have had top chef programed in my dvr for almost two weeks now!

Erica Fox — August 24, 2011 @ 11:25 am

all i have to say is, Whitney and Mariah Pandora station. it is the best of both worlds!

Amy — August 24, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

HA! Love your grocery list. I always find small bits of grocery list paper in my purse every few weeks when I clean it out.

ami — August 24, 2011 @ 12:28 pm

i didn’t even notice my house was shaking until my sister said something. I live in NY and people just won’t stop talking about it.

Sara Pompeo — August 24, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

# 2 reminds me of my grandma – my sister and I found parmesan cheese (the kind in the green can) in her pantry in 2005 and it was almost orange. It had expired in 1995.
    We also found a box of Bisquick in my dad’s pantry last year that had expired in 1992 – surprisingly, there were no bugs in it!

Ann — August 24, 2011 @ 11:37 pm

I think Bella’s fluffiness will open many doors for her! GREAT post!

Renee — August 30, 2011 @ 1:38 am

You have to be sitting still or lying down to feel an earthquake. I lived in Taiwan for two years and we got earthquakes pretty frequently. A 5 is hard to feel unless you’re quite still