1. This was my grocery list this morning and I am not even joking.

2. I spent about an hour cleaning out our fridge this afternoon and all I have to say is… yikes. I found some pumpkin spice frosting from Fall of 2010, smooshed in one of Mother Lovett’s old tupperware containers labeled “orange icing.” It was almost as good as the time in 2004 that my cousin and I found soy sauce in her pantry that expired in 1987. Or not.

3. The only way I got through the above is by jamming out to old-school Mariah Carey. Which brings us to the most important question of the day: 1990s Mariah or 1990s Whitney? I think I have to go with Whitney, mainly because I had a huge obsession with The Bodyguard which culminated when my 8th grade boyfriend played “I Will Always Love You” on his electronic keyboard for me. Over the phone. We’d been “going together” for 2 days.

4. Apparently I’m the only one on the East Coast who didn’t feel the earthquake THAT NO ONE CAN STOP TALKING ABOUT. I’m pretty sure that’s because the house was shaking anyway because of said Mariah music on blast. This sums that up completely.

5. Is anyone else insanely excited for this?

6. Instead of going to the gym last Friday, I spent two hours of my life pinning things like this.

7. Bella does yoga.

She’s better than me. And maybe even you! I hear fluffiness helps.

67 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Shanna, Like Banana — August 23, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

YES totally excited for Top Chef Desserts!

I’m sure I’ll want whatever you’re making that requires that grocery list

Lisa — August 23, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

A Beauty and the Beast shoe! How perfect!

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — August 23, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

Haha sweets and lettuce. Love it. I didn’t feel the earthquake either! Jipped.

Felicia — August 23, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

I live in Pittsburgh, and I didn’t feel it either, if it makes you feel any better.

Everyone at work has been telling their “I was doing THIS when I felt it!” stories and I feel like a complete outcast. : /

Nancy B. — August 23, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

I didn’t feel the earthquake either. I’m kinda bummed.

Shari @ The Daily Dish — August 23, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

Love these posts. I’m with you on the enough about the earthquake stuff. Sure I hope everyone is safe, but let’s not obsess over it and make up stories. People in Chicago (near my office) are claiming they felt it. No you did not. Stop lying. And as for #3 I was both Mariah & Whitney obsessed. Still jam out to them both! :)

Elisabeth — August 23, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

ok, so I totally won’t call my mom and ask her if she felt “it” LOL! Nothing exciting happens in Ohio anyway ;)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 23, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

The 90’s was all about Whitney :)

Ashley — August 23, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

I am still trying to figure out how pinterest works. And I am so pumped for Top Chef Just Desserts. I heart me some Johnny Iuzzini!

Kristen @ Batterlicker.com — August 23, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

Whitney. Definitely. For the same reasons, minus the 8th grade boyfriend. Although, in 9th grade, my boyfriend of 7 entire days made me a mixed tape full of mushy love songs. I’ll assume our breakup on the 8th day was the natural result of his mixed tape lacking amazing songs from The Bodyguard. It’s strange to think that mixed tapes probably aren’t remotely pivotal to young, short-term relationships any more, but I’ve got some incredible blackmail if any of those guys ever resurface!

Noelle — August 23, 2011 @ 4:27 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha. Love your Tuesday list. I was going to say Mariah because of all her squeaky insane high notes I tried to imitate back in 10th grade, but I am thinking Bodygard all the way with you! I hate cleaning out the fridge!

Cait's Plate — August 23, 2011 @ 4:27 pm

I need some fluffiness then!!

And yeah – my fridge looks the same way…I gotta do something about that.

Heather M — August 23, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

When my mother moved and my bestie and I cleaned our her pantry we found an instant jello packet from the 80’s. True story. I have a picture of it somewhere… LOL

carly {carlyklock} — August 23, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

I’m so glad we had this talk. Now I won’t be missing the premiere of Top Chef: Just Desserts.

Phew.

Erin — August 23, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

I enjoy having the most random grocery lists. I always wonder what the cashier thinks I am making (if I don’t do self-check)

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me — August 23, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

I didn’t feel it either! I feel out of the loop!

janet@fromcupcakestocaviar — August 23, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

I now feel extremely old since I was far from being in 8th grade when The Bodyguard came out lol. On another note though, it is one of my and my husbands go to movies. if it is on, we watch it together even if it is almost over. She was soooooo good once upon a time. :-(

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 23, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

um i didnt hear the earthquake and by hear I meant feel lol…and then someone mentioned something…I felt like I was under a rock I had no idea! OH MY GOSH! I want bella! :)

I MISS YOU!!!!!

Jennifer — August 23, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

Great post! I have to know what you’re using for your awesome pictures!!!

Jenni Bennett — August 23, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

I remember the MC’s Butterfly album blaring at my first boy-girl party, so she gets my vote. Although I would probably pick anyone over crazy Whitney… even Crazy Mariah. Also, I thought your pinnings could use a little more glitz ;) http://shoerazzi.com/kelly-ripa-in-nicholas-kirkwood/

Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement — August 23, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

Soo Excited for Top Chef Just Desserts. Especially after that crazy Seth last season. He made me embarrassed to watch the show, I couldn’t believe he actually functions in real life.

I know you are married, but if you were single, I would try to set you up with this guy:

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — August 23, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

Whitney all the way. You cannot top “I Will Always Love You”. Impossible.

Hallie — August 23, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

First off, I see these comments from my East Coast friends and, here in San Diego, I want to be all, “oh puh-leeze, we eat earthquakes for breakfast, you babies” but really a) I have only felt maybe half a dozen earthquakes in my life and they are totally freaky and b) anyone who has seen me try to drive in the snow knows that I in no way can make fun of anyone’s reaction to Mother Nature. Oh, and I love those grocery lists…the few times I do bake, my grocery basket cracks me up (doesn’t take much) because it’s my normal food mixed in with the junk, “chocolate chips, butter, Greek yogurt, sugar, apples, Oreos, white flour, flax…” etc.

Jillian — August 23, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

I cannot wait for Top Chef Just Desserts! I set my DVR today. I love what they come up with. Only problem? You can’t taste everything through the TV. =(

Katie — August 23, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

OMG I JUST WANT TO EAT THAT PUPPY!

michelle — August 23, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

(( doggie yoga))) my pup does yoga daily too ;)

sadly, I did not feel it here in Mass. however BOTH of my teenagers did, each running form a different floor yelling “MOM, what the *#$@%^ was that???”

I think my world is always shaking so I didn’t even notice :(

Meghan — August 23, 2011 @ 5:28 pm

Felt the earthquake in Michigan…although, I probably wouldn’t have noticed if one of my co-workers didn’t blurt out “what’s going on?” I just thought my equilibrium was still recovering from the wedding reception I attended this weekend :)

Renee — August 23, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

A) Who are you? Lettuce?
    B) Mariah hands down. Sang Whit’s “One Moment in Time” in 6th grade choir and yes, “I Will Always Love You” is forever but c’mon – “You Need Me”, “Always Be My Baby”, “Dreamlover”… OK, maybe I am slightly partial because Music Box was my first tape.
    C) Don’t feel bad, my husband didn’t feel the earthquake either. But he was driving home.

Heather — August 23, 2011 @ 5:53 pm

I am with you on Whitney….I thought I was the only one with the Bodyguard obession! I seriously need to watch that movie….I don’t think I have even seen the whole thing!

cat — August 23, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

I <3 your blog. There! I said it!

Julie H. of Sprinach and Sprinkles — August 23, 2011 @ 6:32 pm

My shopping lists only wished they looked that cool ;)

Katie — August 23, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

Haha, that grocery list is so perfect.

Also, my first CD was Mariah. Daydream. I still listen to it.

Danielle — August 23, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

I vote Mariah!

That picture of your dog makes me miss grass so much.
    (Me and the husband are stationed in the butthole of America: New Mexico. Nothing grows here except for those sticker things that get stuck in your feet and hurt really bad.)

Alaina — August 23, 2011 @ 6:51 pm

I didn’t feel the earthquake either! One of my managers couldn’t stop talking about it, but I didn’t feel it.

heather — August 23, 2011 @ 7:07 pm

we felt it in north jersey-sorta-i thought i was having a seizure or something at first, then it was all over the news and the inna’net that some buildings swayed in the city and it was a 6 or something. transit’s going to be awesome for the next few hours. this is one of the few times i’d say someone’s not lucky to live in new york…but really, thank God it wasn’t worse. yikes.

Jihane @SinfulSundays — August 23, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

Stop being such a hater. Did you not see the devastation of the earthquake in DC? I live here and it was ROUGH… http://jmckinley.posterous.com/dc-earthquake-devastation

• Jessica — August 23rd, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

Hahaha I saw this on twitter. Love it!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 23, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

That’s ok re Bella and her yoga. Skylar’s 4 year old yoga is wayyyyyy better than Scott’s. Or lots of adults that I see too. lol

The earthquakes, yeah. They happen. Like once a week in Cali but in 1500+ posts spanning a few years, I’ve only mentioned one, one time. But it’s a new flash out there I guess :)

And Bravo Top Chef Desserts…oh yeah baby, bring it!

I will always love you- Whitney. The stuff 8th grade dances were made of!

Amy Lee — August 23, 2011 @ 7:33 pm

I just want some Fluff. Can’t get it in Cali, but I was born/raised in MA so yes I know what it is! I was raised on that stuff! LOL

Jessica — August 23, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

I’m with Jihane on the earthquake, but am SO thankful I wasn’t at my office in DC, or I’d probably STILL be on the way home.

Don’t we need cupcakes to commemorate the day?

And Mariah… just because we’re still waiting for Whitney to pull out of her tailspin.

Ashley — August 23, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Yep, looks like a perfectly acceptable grocery list to me! :)

Eileen — August 23, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

I love the grocery list….can’t wait to see what you will be making! And I am super excited for Top Chef Just Desserts too!

Lauren — August 23, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

I didn’t feel that quake either…nor did I notice anything around me shaking like everyone else did. I think it’s all a farse.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — August 23, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

I prefer 1980’s Whitney and 90’s Mariah solely because of “I wanna dance with somebody.” One of my top 5 80’s songs for sure.

Talia @ TexasGunslinger — August 23, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

Girl, I didn’t feel the earthquake, either! Hubbs did at work (in Moon Township), but I didn’t. Not sure which side of town you are on, but I’m with ya- nada!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — August 23, 2011 @ 9:18 pm

Earthquake was crazy! I felt it in NYC.
    And my old dog was actually trained to “do yoga”… we’d tell her to and she’d go into downward dog!

Anne — August 23, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

You did not feel the quake because you already rock so hard!

Did you save the frosting? ‘Tis the season for science fair projects…

rose — August 23, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

i live in toronto and everyone was talking about how they felt it here too but i didn’t feel a thing..

Mariah Hands Down..totally..emotions, dreamlover, fantasy, one sweet day (!!) and of course my fav her christmas album with all i want for christmas is you!! love it!

Kaitlyn — August 24, 2011 @ 12:40 am

i remember the first earthquake that happened when I moved out to SD … i felt like everybody felt it except me! i’ve had plenty to make up for it since then, but you always feel out of the loop when you miss things like that!

Sue Merrick — August 24, 2011 @ 6:55 am

Hi! I did not feel the earthquake in Upstate NY, approx. 20 miles South of Ithaca, NY. But our dogs acted really funny at the same time. Some of my cousins 7 miles away did, so…who knows. I love your recipes and I love your pics and comments. Thank you so much for making me a better cook and baker-which is my first love!

Julia M. — August 24, 2011 @ 6:59 am

Don’t worry, I live near Ottawa, Ont. and apparently people felt it around here but I sure didn’t. That means we were busy doing important things, not sitting around waiting for earthquakes to happen…haha.