Can’t believe I almost forgot to tell you about this general tso’s chicken. Where is my brain?

General Tso's Chicken Recipe I howsweeteats.com

General Tso's Chicken Recipe I howsweeteats.com

General Tso's Chicken Recipe I howsweeteats.com

General Tso's Chicken Recipe I howsweeteats.com

General Tso's Chicken Recipe I howsweeteats.com

It’s our new favorite chicken dish. Our new favorite dinner. It’s much lower in sugar than any other homemade general tso’s I’ve tried. It’s the only way I was able to stick a piece of broccoli in my mouth… covered in delicious sauce. It’s a party in your mouth, seriously.

I am in love.

You can find the recipe on the Tasty Kitchen blog. Let me know what you think!

77 Responses to “General Tso’s Chicken.”

Tres Delicious — September 6, 2011 @ 10:13 am

Sounds new to me. I bet those are so palatable.

Skinny Fat Kid — September 6, 2011 @ 10:32 am

Looks delish! I love making my own Chinese food. Makes me feel not so guilty.

Kim in MD — September 6, 2011 @ 11:10 am

I love making Chinese and Thai food at home, that way you can control the ingredients (and avoid potential life threatening shellfish allergies like I have). This looks delicious, Jessica! I bet Mr. How Sweet loved it! :-)

Noemi — September 6, 2011 @ 11:18 am

I made just the sauce and put it on some leftover roasted chicken and rice– it was fantastic! My husband and I both loved it, and the extra sauce made a delicious salad dressing :-) Thanks for another winning recipe!

Maya — September 6, 2011 @ 11:18 am

Must make this.

Erin — September 6, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

I love general tso’s chicken. Yours looks great!

Tracy — September 6, 2011 @ 5:11 pm

Just devoured it to celebrate the first day of school (senior year) for my daughter…yummy! Thanks!!

katie@cozydelicious — September 6, 2011 @ 9:49 pm

You had me at ‘less sugar’! My husband always orders this famously greasy dish from our local take out… I’m going to have to start making it instead!

Carie — September 6, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

Just made this (literally, like I just finished eating some of it) and it was pretty good. I’m not a huge fan of soy sauce, and I think I need to switch to a low sodium version. This was a bit too salty for my sweet tooth. But otherwise I liked it. Anywho, have you got a suggestion for a orange chicken sauce? I love me some orange chicken.

• Caitlin — March 24th, 2012 @ 3:59 pm

There’s an amazing orange chicken recipe on the Tasty Kitchen site. I’ve made it twice and its delicious!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — September 7, 2011 @ 8:12 am

One of my favorite classic Chinese dishes. Your looks fantastic!

Becki@beckiswholelife — September 8, 2011 @ 7:24 am

Looks great and I like that the sauce looks really nice and thick – love cornstarch in these asian dishes. Probably one of my fav dishes in a Chinese restaurant but we never get it because I have heard it’s about the worst thing you can order. I would definitely try this though!

Jaime — September 10, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

Made this last night and it was AMAZING!!!!!

Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen — September 15, 2011 @ 9:26 am

Oh yeah…I am all over this one! General Tsos is my husband’s favorite asian dish…Thanks so much…I can’t wait to give it a try. Now, off to find the recipe! :)

Jenny Deitz — September 18, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

Girrrrrrl! I made this tonight with tofu – wowzers it was delish!! :)

Stephanie — September 22, 2011 @ 7:06 am

I have been looking for some recipes for Chinese food at the request of my hubby. I made this last week and he raved and went on and on! Delish! Thanks for a great recipe, as always:)

Steph

Brooke — October 19, 2011 @ 11:21 am

Made this last night…so good. My 5 year old got out of her bed and came downstairs because it smelled so fabulous, and my husband had 3 servings!

Amanda N — December 12, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

I just made this and it was MUCH better than the general toss I’ve made from the sauce packet. Although, I too, as a previous commenter mentioned thought it was a little too salty so I will use a low sodium soy sauce next time.

Ben — September 29, 2013 @ 10:57 pm

Sorry. There’s no breading. It’s not Gen. Tso’s.

Chef Yogi — October 26, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

I have made this , it was my first time when i tried this recipe, everything was fine. Thanks for such a detailed Recipe , which made the work so simple .

1. Pingback: Missed Summer Meals « Eating Abroad