Tuesday Things.

1. I’ve spent the majority of the day with my right hand draped in a bowl of cold milk. I was going to wax my eyebrows this morning (I’ve done it myself since I was 18) annnnd accidentally dumped a container of boiling wax (it got too hot) all over my hand. Let’s just say between the hours of 7:30Am and 11:00AM I wanted to lose my mind.

2. After my hand finally stopped throbbing, I made a giant pot of chicken noodle soup and was far too impatient to wait to taste test… so I burnt every possible taste bud off of my tongue. I’m just a walking blister today.

3. I think the theme of these incidents is that I really need to learn some patience. You think?

4. Has anyone else been obsessed with Ulta’s 21 days of beauty? They have had incredible beauty steals everyday this month which is fantastic for my makeup collection and terrible for my bank account. But the prices are just so cheeeeap!

5. This is my friend’s baby who makes the best faces ever. He is only 4 months old and I spent most of Sunday smothering his cheeks.

Also: note the rolls.

6. I’m headed to California for a blog-related conference tomorrow and I’m almost positive my suitcase is overweight. Yeahhhh buddy.

7. After our huge dinner on Friday night, this was our breakfast on Saturday.

Someone help me.

8. I admit this Tuesday Things was pretty boring today, but how about you try typing with only your left fingertips? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

77 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — September 20, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

OMG love that baby! Hope your burns are feeling better asap!!

Shannon — September 20, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your burn(s). I didn’t know milk helped stop a throbbing burn? Learned something new on a Tuesday.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — September 20, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

That is one of the best baby faces I’ve ever seen!
    Hope your burns stop hurting soon :(

carly {carlyklock} — September 20, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

Yikes. Watch this video – it might cheer you up! http://www.carlyklock.com/2011/09/kauffman-center-for-perfoming-arts.html

Stephanie — September 20, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

Oh man! Hope your hand heals up fast.

Also, that looks like a fabulous breakfast to me :)

Cait @ Cait hates Cake — September 20, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

Ouch!! And LOL, that baby! Awesome!

alexandra — September 20, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

i got my lips waxed today! tmi? and oh my goodnesses, that baby is just too cute for words! i just wanna squeeze him to pieces! have fun in cali!

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

Not TMI. I wax my own too. Gotta do what you gotta do!

Erin — September 20, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

An Ulta just opened down the street from where I live. I had never heard of it before but I am being converted from a Sephora shopper for sure.

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

I was a Sephora addict long before Ulta came here, but I love Ulta because they have the high, mid and low end brands. Plus all the other beauty products!

Amanda — September 20, 2011 @ 5:16 pm

Ouch, burns are the worst. Hope your right hand is feeling better soon!

Jen — September 20, 2011 @ 5:17 pm

When I was in culinary school, a friend of mine pulled a piping hot pan out of an oven without even realizing what the eff she was doing, and pretty much seared her hand off her arm. That might be a slight exaggeration, but it was baaad. Burns are not fun. I’m feeling sorry for you right now. Just keep looking at the picture of that baby’s incredible face (so adorable), and switch from hot foods to ice cream for a little while. ;)

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

That sounds horrific!

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy — September 20, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

That baby is adorable!

Caitlin @ Cake with Love — September 20, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

I am very sorry for ur right hand ;( and ur taste buds!! It happend to me with hot wax all over my right leg and on the rest of the container on the carpet, the worst part was trying to clean the carpet by hand! On the other note: the baby and the breakfast look good! I am choosing the donut! I just had a pina colada frozen yogurt with chocolate chips and mochi sooon good for a 5pm snack :)

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

I want that yogurt now.

• Caitlin @ Cake with Love — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

Washington DC, 14th street & I avenue ;)) I am in DC for a week, but the BEST really the best frozen yog I had is in NYC and its called Yogurt Station we try to go every weekend during summer, and I literally have 1 pound each time its just that good!

Bev Weidner — September 20, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

a) that baby KILLS me.
    b) dude, suck donkey about your hand.
    c) I have poison ivy on my left arm, so I can relate.
    d) Sort of.
    e) I’m taking steroids for the ivy.
    d) I’m like the incredible Hulk, but with boobs.
    e) Not really.

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

I love you.

Jaime — September 20, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

I burned my hand last night on caramel! I had to fall asleep with my hand in a bowl of water because the pain was so excruciating that I couldn’t fall asleep without the water. And the worst part? I didn’t get to enjoy the dessert that the caramel was for!

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

Ah – so sorry!

Anna @ Food Fitness and Frolicking — September 20, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

AHHAAHA that baby’s face is priceless!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — September 20, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

What a cute baby!!! Oh my gosh — you can tell he has tons of personality already!

Sorry about your hand. That sounds awful!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — September 20, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

When I used to live in Chicago, I lived about 1 mile from an Ulta and was addicted to that store. Good thing for my wallet I moved :)

And your hand…I am SO SORRY!!!!!! I dumped a scalding cup of hot coffee on my hand about 4 weeks ago and lost the skin on my thumb area…nasty, I won’t describe it, but I hope your hand is okay.

Burns throb and hurt and are awful. Seriously, I feel for you!!!!! ((( HUGS))))

Alaina — September 20, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

Haha, oh man that baby’s expression is too much!

Hope your hand and tongue feel better.

Meg — September 20, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

OUCH! Once I picket up a hot baking sheet that was just out of the oven with my bare hands. I had to sleep holding bags of frozen fruit. Burning your hands is the WORST!

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

OMG. Pain.

Lauren — September 20, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

On the positive note…all those burns mean you’re obligated to have ice cream or milk shakes for dinner, right?

Have a great time at your conference!

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

Thanks love – and my goal is to respond to your emails tomorrow while I’m traveling. I suck.

Mary @ Stylefyles — September 20, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

there are so many things I want to comment on here but that baby trumps them all. How is it a real child making that face? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

Th best part is I have like 8 other crazy face pictures too!

WenDee Riffe — September 20, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

oh dear jessica…i sure hope your hand feels better soon!!! one good thing~~the mouth is the fastest area of the body to heal–so your tounge will b good to go in the morning!!! just keep the hand in some burn spray that will keep it numb!!!! love the baby!!!

Amanda N — September 20, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

I hope your hand feels better!! (And your tongue!)
    You’re friends baby is just so darn cute!!!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — September 20, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

Have a good trip! :-D

Emily — September 20, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

A few weeks ago when I was peeling a TON of peaches, I forgot what I was doing and tried to grab a peach out of the boiling water with me bare hand. Not a good idea…

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

OUCH.

dena — September 20, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

OMG!!! I have been going on and on about Ulta’s 21 days! Today was the Butter Nail Polish, buy one get one free! (Ummm BEST nail polish ever!) Took my lunch today at 9:45 am to be at Ulta by 10 to snag up the daily deal! I’m sorta obsessed too!
    Oh, making your chili this wknd!– STOKED!!!!!!!

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

Ah! What colors did you get? I got chimney smoke, rosie, victoriana and fash pack!

• dena — September 24th, 2011 @ 12:51 pm

i bought West End Wonderland (it’s a gold glitter), LA Moss, HRH and Marrow! I also boght an Essie polish in Borrowed and Blue! It is a creamy pastel blue!

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — September 20, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

Ouch! Hope that heals up fast. Making your red pepper penne tonight, can’t wait to try it!

• Jessica — September 20th, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

Enjoy!

Heather Byrd — September 20, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

#6: Where abouts in California are you going to be? Im in San Diego, and if you would like any fantastic food spot refferals, Id love to give you my 2 cents worth! :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — September 20, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

Ha, I love your Tuesday Things. And pictures of adorable kids.

Suburban Sweetheart — September 20, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

Oh my gosh. That face. To die for!

Also: BE CAREFUL. Hope you heal quickly. Ouch!

Melanie — September 20, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

young living essential oil lavender for burns and much more! u neeeeed it for healing your hand. its calming too. it helps it to not scar as well! hope you find relief! Ive had some bad burns too……yikes. I wish I was at habitat with u (= Ida been one happy girl! (lick’n my lips)

Ashley — September 20, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

ah that baby is precious!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — September 20, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Oh my gosh, that baby is absolutely AWESOME!!!!

Jess@atasteofconfidence — September 20, 2011 @ 8:30 pm

OH my god that FACE! I am so sorry about your hand. :( Milk does help though!

Jennknee — September 20, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

um. Cutest baby evahh! So sweet! Hows your hand….??

Katie — September 20, 2011 @ 10:14 pm

No way, there is nothing boring about that adorable baby face. Oh my word! He looks like a cartoon character! Love him. Glad you nibbled his cheeks a little.

Hope your hand and tongue recover quickly!!

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — September 20, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

I’m gonna kidnap that baby. That face is priceless. hahahaha.

Sorry about the burns. That’s the worst.

• Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — September 20th, 2011 @ 10:50 pm

And speaking of eyebrows… just today I was thinking about doing mine because the bridge of my nose is currently living under a rapidly growing forest, but I didn’t feel like enduring the pain of ripping a trillion reluctant hairs out of my face. I wonder if they make some kind of eyebrow numbing cream. I will have to investigate.

Annaka — September 20, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

Aw, what a day you’ve had! My Tuesday has been spent out in the field bucking 500 small square grass bales! Needless to say, I can relate your pain in the hands!

Have a good trip!!

p.s. I love your blog. : )) It has become a dear favorite.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — September 21, 2011 @ 12:51 am

Hope you feel better, Jessica and have a safe trip!
    That baby is so freaking adorable!!!

Crystal — September 21, 2011 @ 9:50 am

OMG I love that baby face!! Your poor hand!! I need to learn how to wax my own eyebrows. What to teach me? Im going to California today too! Im from there and Im heading out to visit my family for my moms 60th birthday!! I will be in the San Francisco area! What area will you be in?? Have fun and have a safe trip!!

• Jessica — September 21st, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

I’m in Sonoma!

• Lauren — September 25th, 2011 @ 1:14 am

aw I wish I had seen this Tuesday Things posting earlier in the week for a few reasons:

1.My husbands birthday was this past friday (23rd) and from PA and dearly wants a bag of BBQ Middlesworth potato chips

2.I could go for some Tasteycakes (chocolate please)

3.I live an hour away from Sonoma and would have loved to take you to my favorite winerys and of course stop at Dean & Deluca!

Courtney — September 21, 2011 @ 10:23 am

Yay! You’re coming to Cali… The weather is perfect right now you’ll love it. LA or SF?

• Jessica — September 21st, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

San Fran!

• Courtney — September 22nd, 2011 @ 11:57 am

Have fun!

Cait's Plate — September 21, 2011 @ 10:25 am

I WANT that breakfast! And that baby.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — September 21, 2011 @ 10:55 am

I totally burned my entire hand last week by touching a handle that just came out of a 435 degree oven……mind blowing pain. I feel you sister.

Jessica — September 21, 2011 @ 1:48 pm

California?! Let’s bake.

Yeidy — September 21, 2011 @ 1:51 pm

Hey jessica
    I hope you feel better soon. On the subject of Chili, If I made this for 25 people can I just double the ground beef since its cheaper and use the same amount of pork and chuck beef?
    Also, you mentioned we could do in the crock pot but what do I do about the browing? If I brown and dump in crock pot I will lose the fat renderings which is where the flavor is. Any ideas?

Katie @ Rainboots to Wellies — September 21, 2011 @ 3:00 pm

Aww feel better soon! That warm California sun will help, right? :) have a safe and fun trip!

Kait @ One Love Run — September 21, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

I am in love with that baby!!

Becca @ Cook, Rejoice, Repeat — September 21, 2011 @ 11:53 pm

It’s true: chicken soup is not just for sick days! It’s totally also good for the days when you just want to crawl back into bed and watch “Friends.” Thanks for the recipe.

Annie — September 22, 2011 @ 12:27 am

My son recently burned his fingers trying to remove cinnamon rolls from the oven- except he forgot the oven mitt. I put Johnson & Johnson Cooling Burn Gel on his fingers, and they weren’t sore by the time he came home from school.

Mimi — September 22, 2011 @ 10:20 am

Oh wow! First, I hope you feel better soon. Second, being in Sonoma will do it. Start at Harvest Moon Winery and work your way up Olivet to Hook and Ladder Winery. We were there 3 weeks ago for our Anniv…..bought waaaaay too much wine (wait, can you ever have too much wine?). Everywhere we ate the food was amazing…from little diners in Occidental to the Applewood Inn….FABULOUS! Let me know if they let you out of the conference at all…..I can give you some suggestions (Bistro 29 in Santa Rosa – great French Bistro).
    Third…hope your hand is better….man, that must have been righteous pain.
    Fourth…that baby is absolutely Edible! Thanks for making my week with his pic!

1. Pingback: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe | How Sweet It Is