Tuesday Things.

1. I really hate myself for watching (and enjoying… cough cough) Dirty Soap. Ugh.

2. And speaking of TV, I currently have Hey Dude on my DVR. Was Nickelodeon TV/acting seriously that awful back in the day?

3. You must make these for dinner asap. I made them last week, alongside a roasted chicken, green beans and some carrots swimming in 3 different kinds of sugar. Fabulous.

4. My love for Dunkin’ Donuts iced pumpkin lattes is becoming a serious problem. I know… I blabber all the time how I don’t love coffee (just tried homemade cold-brewed iced coffee this morning… barf) but this is sooooo good. I literally want one every single day. It is light years better than Starbucks. Does that even make sense? Oh well. I don’t care. I’m trying to limit myself to 1-2 per week. What a joke.

5. I keep watching horrific scary movies because I feel like scaring the crap out of myself. Then I can’t fall asleep until my eyelids are literally drooping and I have terrible dreams. And then I do it all over again like it’s a sick game.

6. This really happened to me yesterday.

7.  Then this morning, I woke up frantic that I still needed to take out the trash since it was Wednesday. I gathered everything and started to take it out, and noticed that no one else had set their trash out yet. First I figured everyone else had forgot. Then I spazzed assuming they had come super early, I slept through it, and now had to have bags of rotting scraps and food sit around for a week. Then I remembered it was Tuesday.

8. No, I am not a) pregnant, b) drunk, or c) overworked. I’m just d) an idiot.

9. However, I seriously wonder what sales associates secretly think of me when I take 3 different, extremely uncoordinating placemats to the register, along with 2 other different colored napkins, one bowl, two different shaped plates, 1 fork, a spatula and a funky shaped spoon. They probably assume I’m just e) insane and f) a hoarder.

10. While I won’t decorate until after Thanksgiving, I tried listening to Christmas music yesterday (because, uh… who listens to Halloween music?) and it just felt… wrong. Probably because I’m still SO OBSESSED with this time of year.

11. I am doing anything and everything at this moment to avoid cleaning the kitchen. Like trying to come up with pointless extra bullet points for Tuesday Things.

12. Okay. I’m done.

104 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — October 18, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

Dude… I am so addicted to Dirty Soap. Everyone’s just so frighteningly thin and drowning in makeup. And all the husbands/boyfriends are gay, right?! Cant…stop…watching…

emily W. — October 18, 2011 @ 9:26 pm

Ha! I ran across that potato recipe tonight without seeing this post and immediately thought of you sprinkling bacon on it!

Kath — October 18, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

Loooooooooove that you turned on the Xmas music. Even if it felt wrong. Kudos for trying!

Lindsay @ biking before bed — October 18, 2011 @ 9:56 pm

Are there even any Halloween songs out there? Well maybe the soundtrack for Nightmare before Christmas… guess that could be like a Christmas/Halloween hybrid. Someone shared at a work safety meeting last week that he accidentally brushed his teeth with Neosporin:)

Cait's Plate — October 18, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

HAHAHAHA. The dawn dish soap is really such a thing that would happen to me. You’re not crazy…or if you are, I am too.

Lindsay — October 18, 2011 @ 9:59 pm

I totally thought of you when I walked out of Bed, Bath, & Beyond today with a donut pan, 4 new bottles of nail polish, and a $50 pillow, only to turn the corner and walk in to Trader Joe’s. I can’t help but think that we might get along in real life – this is why.

Nisrene — October 18, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

I am totally a sucker for Dirty Soap too…secretly because I am obsesssssed and Kelly Ripa and her hottie husband and feel the need to support them. Also because I love Nadia’s mom…when she tells the boyfriend in her think Persian accent ‘You have no class’ it literally reminds me of my very obnoxious loud ethnic family. It’s absolutely acceptable to watch it and enjoy it, or at least that’s what I tell myself

kayla — October 18, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

I have been listening to Christmas music this week. It makes me happy and makes me excited for winter break.

Talia — October 18, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

I love Dirty Soap too, mainly because I’m a Days fan haha! We should have a Dirty Soap watch party and make fun of them while drinking Dunkin Donuts lattes:)

Karen @ The Tamale Girl — October 18, 2011 @ 11:28 pm

I LOVED Hey Dude when I was a kid. I don’t want to watch it now just in case it might ruin the magic.

Joanna — October 18, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

I’m with Karen- I loved Hey Dude, but I try and avoid watching childhood favorites- they’re never as awesome as you remember. I recently re-watched an episode of Xena and just now realized how awesomely corney it is- I was so into it when I was little!

Meg — October 19, 2011 @ 1:11 am

I can relate to #8 SO much! I can be such a space cadet/ditz/klutz. People ask me all the time if I might be pregnant (and no I do not collect my “extra” around my middle so I don’t look like it) and I say no, just special. It’s people like you that make me feel like less of a freak.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — October 19, 2011 @ 1:14 am

I wondered the same exact thing on #9 last week after spending $40 at Marshalls on 10 or so different, unmatching placemats, serving utensils and bowls. I definitely got “a look” from the check out lady.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — October 19, 2011 @ 2:39 am

LOL at the sales associate comment!! You would have gotten a new reader if you’d handed her a business card. And make friends with her, maybe she’ll be able to let you know when they’re doing markdowns so you can have first dibs or when new inventory is coming in.
    Oh boy, Mr. Sweet’s going to love me!

Nichole Livengood — October 19, 2011 @ 7:23 am

iced or hot latte? Recipe I plan on trying this week: chicken rubbed down with butter, sugar and cinnamon. Baked. If only I had a rotisserie. Love seeing your blog posts in my inbox!!!
    Gap Creek Gourmet

• Jessica — October 19th, 2011 @ 9:12 am

Iced!

Michaela — October 19, 2011 @ 7:27 am

I especially like #12.

Cindy Coniglio — October 19, 2011 @ 7:47 am

im Obsessed with Dirty Soap! I hate when Farah says John Pauls name… I dont know why but I want to punch her everytime!

Michelle — October 19, 2011 @ 8:36 am

I have to say, I think we may be long lost best friends. Everytime you mention something about Jessica and Nick, Hey Dude, Structure…. the list goes on… I always think to myself, “I’m not the only one!!!” HaHa your the best!

Karen — October 19, 2011 @ 8:58 am

I’m totally with Karen and Joanna – I DVR’ed Hey Dude as well, and TRIED to watch a couple of episodes – they are so awful! I’m going to let the rest of the episodes live on in my 11-year old mind :)

Nicole — October 19, 2011 @ 9:04 am

I, too, have developed an obscene addiction to Dunkin Donuts’ pumpkin coffee, although I love their hot version. And, yes, it is waaaayyyy better than Starbucks!

I love your Tuesday Things posts! I wish I could make some of my completely mundane happenings sound comical like yours. :-)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — October 19, 2011 @ 10:02 am

Oh man… lol how did I miss #6 when you tweeted?!?! horribly funny.

Amy W — October 19, 2011 @ 10:10 am

I definitely watched Christmas with the Kranks the other day. I also secretly love when all the Christmas decorations start popping up right around Halloween. I’m just one of those weirdos.

Amy — October 19, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

I listened to Christmas music yesterday…and it felt wrong, but oh so right at the same time! :) And I am the nerd that actually DOES have a Halloween playlist–it basically consists of the theme songs from all my favorite scary movies–Scream, Pyscho, The Shining, etc. Definitely puts me in a fall mood!

Although I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t considered watching A Christmas Story more than one time in the last week.

whitney — October 19, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

I haven’t checked out Dirty Soap yet, but I just discovered the show Revenge on ABC this weekend, after which I proceeded to watch the first 4 episodes in one sitting. Needless to say, I recommend it!

Jill — October 19, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

I’m a loyal reader, don’t know if I have ever commented before…

But any way,

I did that with the garbage a few weeks ago… I even went so far as to call the garbage company to tell them they forgot to pick up our trash… and had to be told by the secretary who answered the phone what day it was – WHOA! Very embarrassing!

mari — October 19, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

I laughed out loud at “Halloween Music”. And I would totally do that garbage thing, I hate that panicky feeling though, like when you think you sent an email to wrong person and franticly search your “sent” folder and double check 5 times the “To” address….yep….my tuesday things.

Alison — October 19, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

Ok, so this month, I too am watching a buttload of scary movies and tv shows (I’m looking at you “The Walking Dead” and “American Horror Story”) to creep myself out. AND I live across the street from a CEMETARY! I can’t walk the dog by myself now if it’s dark out! But I can’t seem to stop watching!! Number 5 is DEAD ON! *no pun intended! :)

Kelly — October 19, 2011 @ 2:13 pm

I loved Hey Dude when I was a kid. That and Saved By The Bell. Now when I see those shows it is like WHAT?! HA! I always wanted to be Melody when I was a kid but now as an adult I think Brad is my new favorite…goodness…did I just say that. I am 30 years old What is wrong with me.

Candice Renee Photography — October 19, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

My kids love Halloween music~ come on, there’s always Thriller! Oh, and have you watched “the CHANGELING” serious old school scary stuff but not too scary. I’m kind of a wimp.

Suburban Sweetheart — October 19, 2011 @ 2:57 pm

Never even heard of “Dirty Soap.” I will not watch, I will not watch…

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — October 19, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

I think a bunch of us, myself included are obsessed with this time of year. There’s just something magical about it. Speaking of magical, DD coffee is divine. I envy you east coasters. Finally, yes I never knew the Nickelodeon acting was so bad until I tuned into the 90s Nick block that’s been on & I’m like “really?”

Katie — October 19, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

Hey Dude!! I haven’t seen or thought about that show in so many years. Gah, why did we get rid our our cable, again?

And I need to find a dunkin’ donuts, stat.

Brinkley Brown — October 19, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

omg…hey dude?!?! i had almost forgot about tthat show, please dont tell me that if i watch it now, i’ll realize what a complete dummy i was all those many moons ago, it was a fav…that and the patty duke show!

think i’m gonna have to try some bourbon glazed anything for supper asap!!!

have a fabulous week!

Liz — October 19, 2011 @ 4:13 pm

I used to love Hey Dude….wasn’t Ryan Reynolds on there? He’s come a long way. And I too watch Dirty Soap. I’ll never admit I typed that….an alien must have taken over my computer. But I can’t help it….I flipping LOVE Kelly Monaco.

Sonnet Gal — October 19, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

Commet #9 is my favorite!! I can just hear the sales associates talking about you when you leave the store. After they say you are adorable and wonderfully in shape, they proceed to imagine what you are going to do with those items! LOL!

Kat @ living like the kings — October 20, 2011 @ 12:05 pm

My hubs has a pretty serious addiction to DD iced coffee. He takes his black though and often unflavored. Yuck. Me, I’m a Starbucks pumpkin spiced latte addict. I guess we all have our weaknesses

Kim in MD — October 20, 2011 @ 1:46 pm

I am laughing out loud right now (not AT you, WITH you)! :-)

Kelly — October 20, 2011 @ 9:06 pm

This post cracked me up!! hahaha thanks!

Jessica M. — October 21, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

Jessica, you make me laugh! p.s. thanks for the tip on Dunkin’s pumpkin spice latte :-)

Ashley — October 21, 2011 @ 3:02 pm

Oh gosh…I’ve now got my husband, I previous non coffee drinker hooked on iced pumpkin lattes from DD. I never drank dish soap but I ate a soap ball out of a gumball machine in the mall once and had to spit it and all of its bubbly glory into the trash. That was dainty.

P.S.
    Hey Dude
    It’s a little wild and a little strange
    When you make a home out on the range
    Start your horse and come along
    But you can’t get a ride if you can’t hold on
    Singing
    Hippy-ti-yi-ya
    (Hippy-ti-yi-what?)
    Like the cowboys say
    (Sing it again now)
    Hippy-ti-yi-ya
    (Get along little doggies)
    ‘Til the break of day
    Better what out for those man-eating jack rabbits
    And that killer cacti
    Hey Dude

PPS I’ve been watching ‘Salute Your Shorts’ !!!

Kristel T.M. — October 22, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

After reading this post I decided to try the Dunkin Donut’s Iced Pumpkin Latte. Thank you for sharing, I’m not sure if I love you or dislike you for it right now!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — October 23, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Ewwwwwww, Dawn dish soap!!! Sick!! That reminds me of when I worked at DQ … there was a new guy who put soap into a customer’s milkshake because he thought it was banana syrup. The customer took a big sip of it and was NOT happy!

VeggieGirl — October 24, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

I just finished watching Hey Dude… I swear it was waaay better back then! And Danny was hotter back then too.

Ceren — October 25, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

Hi Jessica,

After reading this post, I said “Let me try Dunkin Donuts” for once as I am a loyal customer of Starbucks.

Holy cow, it is soo delicious and cheap. Now you turned me into an addict, but I am totally fine with that:)

Ceren